X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian Diplomat Arrested in Pak

Indian embassy staff member arrested: police
    (Updated at 2325 PST)
    ISLAMABAD: Police on Sunday said they had arrested a staff member of the Indian High Commission after discovering he was carrying an explosive device.

The man was in a taxi which was stopped at a checkpoint, said police officer Jamil Hashmi. "We opened the packet and found an explosive device," Hashmi said. The police officer identified the arrested person as P. Mosses, an Indian national working in the visa section of the mission. Hashmi said the man told police he was asked by his superiors to deliver the packet to someone in a garden, although the exact location was not disclosed. The official said the packet contained 5,000 rupees (100 dollars) and a letter with instructions that the device be used in the main Raja Bazar market in the nearby city of Rawalpindi. State television showed pictures of the arrested man in its main late evening news programme.

Fata Morgana

what a stupid fellow. carrying an explosive in a country where all and sundry can get it easily. Carrying bomb to pakistan is like trying to export wine to France. And even a letter, when it could be done by oral instruction to some mafia guy at 20000 bucks.

Comment

i liked the letter part! lol
      Simple ain't easy.

Comment

it seems this dangerous guy is released by police. i wonder if some militant in kashmir has been released in return.

Comment

Hmmm… we missed a ’wonderful’ opportunity to accuse RAW for every bomb blast, and other terrorist activities, yeah even the fog in Punjab…eeeww we’ll never learn.

Interesting to see that not many – oh well only one has posted a thread about it, and not many jumped to conclusions like we’ve seen before, nice hai na

Comment

Infact this incident wouldn't have taken the Indian Govt. by surprise. Everybody out here expected the Pak. Govt. to respond to the recent accusation of Pak High Commission officials in Nepal and India being involved in the fake currency racket.
            And the Pak. Govt. sure did in the only manner it knows and according to its interpretation of Vienna Convention on treatment of Foreign officials - 'TIT FOR TAT'.

Comment

But the charges are pretty interesting. Even a letter.

Recently Pakistan Police charged the politician Saifur Rahman for a jailbreak. The evidence is that his daughter (who is 9 yrs old) was caught with a sketch which showed where this fellow's custody in jail is.

Comment

This is hilarious…Khair a letter…well if a ’zindah insaan’ can be reported dead and even his funeral can be shown on TV, then what the heck is a letter. By the way I still remember that Kargil letter

Re. Saif-ur-Rehman, I’m not sure about the details, however there was something about an escape plan, so much I’ve confirmed, well not from any newspaper – but that’s not the point. You’re trying to say something else…so keep it up

Some1
                >>And the Pak. Govt. sure did in the only manner it knows and according to its interpretation of Vienna Convention on treatment of Foreign officials - 'TIT FOR TAT'.<<

And you’re for sure doing what you know best – Accusing Pak without confirming any details, but then again what else is new. We all know that ISI is working in India RAW is doing it’s job in Pak, so why act surprised if an agent is caught? But you’re probably pointing at the fact that P. Moses is from Indian Embassy – like that Pakistani was from Pak embassy, and so what??

Comment

there is indeed something fishy about Nepal. Diplomat was caught by Nepal police, not by India.

The embassy in Nepal has 25 people. it is one of largest embassies of Pakistan, given that they have almost no trade ties with Pakistan, hardly any tourism and Nepal is a Hindu nation. Its official religion is Hindu. So what are so many people doing there?

Comment

Hmmm….didn’t know that Pak needs Indian permission to send diplomats to other countries and about how many too??

Well who knows may be they all are ISI agents, or may be Kashmiris taking nuke in India…ammmm in briefcases perhaps….

ehhh….are you saying that Nepal supports terrorist, or Pak????

So what’s next…Nawaz ‘ll be hanged on the moon or what?

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited January 17, 2000).]

Comment

doesnt have to take anyone's permission. but the number is surprisingly high. However, I believe that a further raise in staff will be denied by Nepal and hopefully some people will be returned.
                      Nepal does not have resources to counter terrorism. It is itself victim of maoist terrorism. Its economy completely depends on India. Hundreds of thousands of Nepalis work in security agencies in India and tourism is another mainstay. Hijacking ahs affected tourism badly and there are reports that ISI is infiltrating and buying gurkha which even if found partially true, many will be out of job.
                      However, Indian govt. can work with Nepal, share intelligence and keep old ties intact. Hijacking has done a good thing that it has woken up Nepal how disastrous it will be for them to ignore ISI.

Comment

.Sabah ji--kashmiris with nukes in suitcases...now THAT'S an interesting idea....

Comment

sabah,

you are supposed to be a frigging moderator. and you be jsut that. don't put your head into these discussions. mainly because you are a biased hypocrite

Comment

Hmmm..yeah Nepal was the true victim of the hijack, not India or yeah well....
                            By the way, if Nepal is so depended on India, then I believe we’ll see many ‘reports’ from Nepalese authorities about Pak – hai na

Arrey I almost forgot..hey it’s our turn to accuse you - you see he was arrested in Pak, and as they said he was an Indian, WE are the victims. So lets try to find something to hang you on….ehhh we were having a pretty dry period, and the fog and ehhh…the latest bomb blasts, the busses on fire ammmm….well more later.
                            (It’s not easy to find baseless accusations, and I thought it was an easy job ehh)

Comment

gajam

HaiN sachi….. Thanks for you advice, next time I’ll ask for it, if I need it…theek hai

Comment

Working...
                              X