Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nepal Police nab Pakistani diplomat on charge of running counterfeit Indian currency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nepal Police nab Pakistani diplomat on charge of running counterfeit Indian currency

From Kathmandu post

Kathmandu, Jan 3:

Police today nabbed a Pakistani diplomat in Kathmandu on charge of running counterfeit Indian currency racket in Nepal.

However, police did not want to confirm it or be quoted.

Deputy Inspector General of Police Tirtha Pradhan said, " nothing can be said right now because the case is under investigation".

He neither confirmed nor refused the arrest of a Pakistani diplomat in Kathmandu--Mr Asim Saboor.

However, a police officer without being named said that Saboor was arrested at his residence Monday morning as he was caught red-handed with 50,000 counterfeit Indian currencies of 500 denomination.

Saboor is the assistant secretary at the Pakistani Embassy in Kathmandu.

However, an official at the Pakistani Embassy said police had handcuffed Mr Saboor but later released on intervention of Pakistani Ambassador in
    Kathmandu.

A statement issued by Pakistani Embassy in Kathmandu flatly denied the allegation of police that Saboor ran fake Indian currency racket.

According to police, Saboor was caught red-handed by a plain cloth police officer.

When police received an information relating to Saboorís involvement in running counterfeit Indian currency racket in Kathmandu, a team of plain policemen closely watched his activities. A female plain clothed police officer made a contact with Saboor pretending that she wanted to buy 50,000 fake Indian rupees. Saboor then called her to a public park with Nepali rupees to exchanged with the fake Indian bills and said that he had 20
    million fake Indian currency at home if she really wanted to buy.

The plain clothed police then followed him to his house and tried to arrest him.

But Saboor gave his diplomatic identity and said he was a staff of Pakistani embassy. Following this, Saboor locked his house from inside and the police cordoned the house.

Pakistani ambassador demanded that any action or search of his residence have to be routed through the Ministry Foreign Affairs, police was then searched the house at the presence of Pakistani ambassador and deputy chief of protocol, said police.

However, nothing was found in his house.

Police said Saboor destroyed all the documents and evidences.

However, official at the Pakistani embassy said that the allegations were false and accused the police of violating the rules concerning diplomatic immunities.

Police is investigating the case.

An official at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that the governmentís position on this issue would be made public only after the investigation.

So...

Fata Morgana

Comment

Oh come on ZZ he was only taking pity on the millions of poor of India and providing them with some money so they could live a decent life. Modern day Robin Hood really.

Comment

good question, fata.

Comment

This is economic terrorism, planting counterfeit currency in foreign country.

I would say make the cost high. Why India not print counterfeit currency, bomb vegetable markets and trains, hijack planes. It is not impossible. Nehruvian policies have got India by its throat. And as hijack drama shows, Atalbihari is again Nehruvian.

Comment

If the diplomat was involved he should be held responsible.

ZZ I sincerely hope that you start thinking again, soon. Excuse me for being so personal, but I really canít accept this new ZZ. (Said as a member)

Comment

Hahaha,,,,,
              Next would be to hold pakistan responsible for Nepalis having small *****. ( I apologize in advance for the choice of words, but it seemed to convey the meaning so well)

Comment

All around the world, Indians and Pakistanis (and other immigrants) are caught doing all sorts of crimes. Whats the big deal?

Nova is right...lets keep generalizing shall we...

Achtung

Comment

Big deal is that pakistan govt. refused to remove his diplomatic immunity and let him be tried for his crimes. he has not lost his job either, maybe got in trouble for being stupid enough to be caught. he just goes back from Nepal and perhaps gets hero's welcome back home.

Comment

ZZ wrote "I would say make the cost high. Why India not print counterfeit currency, bomb vegetable markets and trains, hijack planes. It is not impossible. Nehruvian policies have got India by its throat. And as hijack drama shows, Atalbihari is again Nehruvian."

Who says it has not been happening, Pakistan has been suffering from Indian sponsored state terrorism since it came into existence. Let me know if there is anything new.

Sabah wrote "ZZ I sincerely hope that you start thinking again, soon. Excuse me for being so personal, but I really canít accept this new ZZ."

It is a shame to see the new ZZ, than maybe he is beginning to show his true colours now. I hope not.

[This message has been edited by ehsan (edited January 08, 2000).]

Comment

Looks like RAW's plot to get innocent Pak diplomat nabbed. If it was in US dollar deal than it was something but the Indian rupees. No, I don't buy that...hahahaha

Fata Morgana

Comment

oh.. so innocent pakistani diplomat.... BTW, indian rupee is more expensive than Pakistani rupee.

Comment

Yes! A suspect remains innocent till he/she is tried in a court and found guilty.

Fata Morgana

Comment

He is not allowed to be tried cuz pakistan govt. did not strip him of diplomatic immunity. If Pakistan govt. was sure he has done nothing wrong and that Pakistan govt. was not party to what he was doing, let him face Nepalese police and court.

Comment

ZZ wrote "Indian rupee is more expensive than Pakistani rupee"

What does that prove. Here are some more, British pound is stronger than the US dollar. Virtually every well known currency is stronger than yen. What does all this mean maybe you can enlighten us.

Comment

Working...
                              X