Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hijackers got new weapons in Kandahar say French hostages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hijackers got new weapons in Kandahar say French hostages.

Hijackers received new weapons in Afghanistan say French hostages

NICE: The three French hostages among the people held on board an Indian Airlines plane for eight days have said that the hijackers appeared to receive new weapons when the plane landed in Afghanistan. "On the second day, they received new weapons, modern revolvers, because at the beginning they had old guns and a few grenades," Daniele Goepfert, 54, said at a press conference after arriving at Nice airport yesterday.
    Goepfert, who was travelling with her 71-year-old husband Gaston, said the weapons appeared the day the aircraft landed in Kandahar, Afghanistan which is under the control of the Taliban militia. Francoise Jougla, 45, a doctor from southwest France, also said she saw evidence that new weapons had been brought into the plane after it arrived in Kandahar. "I saw that crates had been brought up and I saw them reloading their revolvers, and then I was very scared. I thought I was living my last few hours," she said on French television. The hijack, which started on
    December 24 as the Indian Airlines jet flew from Kathmandu to New Delhi, ended on Friday.

So?

Fata Morgana

Comment

Fata,

It is very interesting to note that your understanding of right and wrong is very limited. Countries in today's world cannot sponsor terriorism and try to disrupt and hold people at ransom to forward their nefarious plans and still be part of the civilized world.

It seems that you are still living is dark ages.

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited January 03, 2000).]

Comment

Wondre whether he actually said those things or he was told to say so by Uncle Sam in order to keep the pressure on Taliban.

Comment

Ehsan,

Good attempt to rationalize but you have to keep in mind it is very hard for American government to buy its own citizen let alone buy citizens of France.

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited January 03, 2000).]

Comment

Yeah, terrorism might not be a good thing but all the other wars & atrocities are legal. Well, learn to live with the terrorism then like Europe, Americas, Russia, China, India and Pakistan are doing.

In all conflicts, more innocent civilians die than soldiers. LOL

Fata Morgana

Comment

as usual, a funny posting, fata.

Comment

These people weren't wearing their blindfolds very tightly (as earlier reported). I mean, one hostage was killed for NOT wearing his blindfold properly. And these scared senior citizens, decided to take a peek, and not just your slight glance, but a long enough look to notice that "modern weapons" were replacing "older ones". This would mean they noticed the "older" guns previously, because their blindfolds were not on properly. Than again they noticed new "modern" weapons. The woman noticed the hijackers "reloading" their weapons. What on earth did they have to reload for - THEY DIDN'T SHOOT ANYTHING - the man was STABBED to death. Maybe they just started to load their guns.

I think their hallucinating or something, maybe in shock...it definitely is a story which should be viewed with skepticism. It could be the truth, who knows...

Achtung

Comment

On arrival at Kandahar, hijackers were very relaxed and people were not blindfolded any more. Only people with strong built were kept in one corner and they were surrounded by women.

Comment

So...whats the point?

Fata Morgana

Comment

point is that taliban went out of the way to accomodate hijackers.

Comment

point is that hostages are alive and well, not dead like they would have been if they had landed in India. You should thank the Taliban for that. They obviously value Indian lives more than you do.

Comment

Next time I will ask the Taliban that not to land the hijacked plane even if it is on the verge of crashing. This must happen to ungrateful people(Indians).

Fata Morgana

Comment

Only a week ago we were being told what a helpful regime taliban was by these very same people. Now suddenly they have become the scum of the earth again. Well they behaved much better than those who wanted the plane blown up and the hostages killed.

[This message has been edited by ehsan (edited January 05, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                            X