Let me give you an EXTREME example...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me give you an EXTREME example...

We are in the 1940's, Germany is run by what appears to be a madman, named Adolf Hitler. He is systematically murdering Jews and others who his government terms 'misfits'. His government doesn't give its Jewish citizenry any rights, all rights are suspended. The world watches without intervening, meanwhile millions of Jews are sent to their deaths.

Now, there are a group of Jews who are fighting an insurgency. Attempting to reclaim some of their stolen rights. They take up arms. A group of four Jews take hostage a plane in Germany, full of Nazi supporting Germans. They move the plane to the UK. Their demands - the release of 35 Jewish 'freedom fighters' (most imprisoned unjustly - documented by Amnesty International). In the process of the hostage taking they kill one Nazi. Eventually the hostage crisis is resolved with the release of three Jews. The four 'hijacking' Jews flee on foot, they know they will be killed if they return to Germany.

Are the actions of these Jews justifiable? Can we understand the frustration from which these actions have arisen? Would such actions (if they did occur) potentially help address their cause of liberation and freedom and attainment of basic human rights?

Achtung

[This message has been edited by Achtung (edited January 01, 2000).]

Jews have not been accused of ethnic cleansing of German christians from any part of germany, nor of killing every jew or christian, that opposed zionism.

[This message has been edited by ZZ (edited January 01, 2000).]

Comment

ZZ wrote: "Jews have not been accused of ethnic cleansing of German christians from any part of germany, nor of killing every jew or christian, that opposed zionism."

So to reverse your argument, you are saying that if they were accused of "ethnic cleansing" of German Christians, Hitler's campain to rid the world of them, would be justified. How clever...

Achtung

PS: Ethnic cleansing is a term used by Serbs in their campain of genocide against Muslims. I do find it very strange when other groups use this word to describe atrocities committed by Muslims. Serbs had reversed this term themselves when referring to NATO bombing campains, and now Indian's are using the term to refer to uprising in Kashmir. Anyways...

Comment

Ethnic cleansing is not a serb discovery. It has been happening since centuries. Turks did it to Armenians. In subcontinent, it happened on either side in Punjab during partition. I think one can say that there has been ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri Pandits in the valley.

Comment

Working...
        X