Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solution

So what do you guys think is teh right approach to this problem..
    1- Should the approach be very strict..i.e We cant let ourselves be blackmailed. its unfortunate that innocent lives will be lost but giving in to demands mean we are propagating the behaviour., and inviting others to take similar approach.
    2- Losing one life is too many , they have to be saved at all costs, so agreeing to demands , getting hostages released , and then looking at the circumstances leading up to it and trying to prevent the mistakes that caused such situation.
    3- Playing a psychological war. waiting for the moral of hijackers to wear out. getting their demands lower and lower, finally agreeing to some, getting the hostages released , and dealing with the involved ppl as best as we can.

Ad 1, it wont be accepted by any of the relatives – I would never accept that.

Ad 2, first part of this is the solution, accepting their demand and saving the lives. And storm them after that, if that’s what they want.

>> and then looking at the circumstances leading up to it and trying to prevent the mistakes that caused such situation
    I seriously don’t believe that India will admit or even try to see any mistakes from it’s own part. Cuz if as they say Pak is behind this – that would be over Kashmir na, so doesn’t this mean that there is a problem? And the way they have been handling it is not acceptable and India should listen to Kashmiris. But can India afford to listen to Kashmiris?

Ad 3, I think that’s what India is doing right now. Lekin they are playing this psychological war against the victims. It can be more dangerous for India then for Pak or Taliban. Those Ppl have been in ’Qaid-e-tanhai’ for 6 days now, and this thing doesn’t seem to end in an hour or two from now. Therefore sooner or later Ppl will loose it, their relatives and the passengers who are not ’trained’ to sit in ‘isolation’ for so long time, will not be able to respect any order or any request from the Indian Gov. or Hijackers. If this war continues it can have catastrophically consequences for the Ppl involved. As for moral of the hijackers – I don’t think that the reason behind withdrawal of that cash demand had anything to do with moral, it’s more like a desperate act to win some more time.

Comment

give money if they take, upto 15-25 million $, nothing else. People who were killed by these blokes and those who played on life to catch these terrorists also have relatives. No compromise on releasing terrorists. Money.. maybe.

[This message has been edited by ZZ (edited December 29, 1999).]

Comment

What should happen is that they should try to save the lives of the hostages even at the expense of freeing the freedom fighters. It is easy to say let the hostages die as ZZ is trying to say. I would like to know from him in a straight yes or no, would he have been of the same opinion if a very close member of his family say his father or mother were on the plane. On a totally unrelated issue has every one noticed that while they are shouting from rooftops in India about Pakistan's involvement in the hijacking they are very very very quite about the ex hostage bieng treated in Pakistan. Obviously how can a failing and bankrupt nation have a hospital where medicine is available and have qualified doctors to treat patients. May be they are in a shock state that in Pakistan doctors know what diabetes is.

Comment

Now as details of demands are getting clear, relatives of hostages are also saying that the govt. should not give in. An ordinary man in India is quite patriotic compared to its politicians.

Comment

I don't care about the Indian plane or the hostages. What I do care is that Indian army withdraw from Kashmir. There are no gray areas in this man's kingdom.

Fata Morgana

Comment

Who told you Fata, that world cares about what u care?

Too much superiority complex.

Comment

Let me first say that I don't know very much about the demands of the hijackers, I do know they are asking for the release of a 'cleric' - why is he imprisoned? did he get a fair trial? Most of us don't know if he did, but we are for some reason willing to assume that he deserves to be in jail, I think thats sad.

I think India should think of the welfare of its citizens. Weighing costs against benefits, its in the interest of 'human life' to give in to the demands of the hijackers. India already has a stranglehold on Kashmir, they have over half a million troops stationed there, how much damage can this accused (probably wrongfully imprisoned) cleric do. Probably very little - he's done more damage in prison, and will continue to do more in the future. India only loses face - something its not willing to do, inspite of the loss of lives of its citizenry.

Achtung

Comment

I agree with Achtung. All life is sacred. Time to start negotiations Mr Vajpayee.

[This message has been edited by Mr Xtreme (edited December 29, 1999).]

Comment

It is not even in interest of Indian citizens to throw bones to the dogs. Security forces who have played on life to nab them and people who have been killed for being activists of various parties that do not share their opinions or plainly for being non-muslim, are also citizens.

Bowing now will encourage more such incidents.

Comment

The dogs in these whole episode are the Indian army and not the freedom fighters and if these dogs were killed while carrying out genocide in Kashmir than well and good, may all the 700,000 dogs be killed. I jolly well hope so. These s**** deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                      X