Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India just helped in cutting the umbilical cord.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India just helped in cutting the umbilical cord.

A separate homeland was carved out of the then United India. Within 25 years it proved to be an insufficient reason to keep the homeland united. Factors of geography, race, culture and language exerted themselves and were found to be strong enough to divide the Muslim homeland into two separate identities. The failure of leadership specially that of the West Pakistan, to realistically appreciate the geography, cultural and demographic differences and to find rational solution is responsible for division of Pakistan into two separate states. To shut their eyes to palpable realities. Stories were spun by media that Pakistan is an ideological state transcending the geographical, racial and cultural differences.

It is widely believed that a few weeks before the fall of Dhaka, the government had planned to kill all the secretaries and high-ranking officials of East Pakistan. It is said that time-bombs were tied to their chairs on the day when they were asked to attend an important meeting. Presumably, some officials got the hint of the sinister plan and eventually nobody attended the scheduled meeting.

It is also said that the then government of East Pakistan had prepared an elaborate list of Bengali writers, poets, teachers, intellectuals and other professionals who were to be assassinated in Dhaka.

East Pakistan with 55 per cent of the total population enjoyeed at least 60 per cent less real income per head than West Pakistan, consumed very little besides rice and fish, had a poor infrastructure, and a tiny industrial sector, and at least one-third of its labour force could be regarded as unemployed.

After killing three million innocent Bengalis the child (Bangladesh) was already out of the womb. India just helped in cutting the umbilical cord.

[This message has been edited by sarwar (edited December 14, 1999).]

Plain rubbish. All Indian propaganda churned out of Indian and Western media.

Comment

Sarwar,
      I dont know the fine details , or if East Pakistan's sense of deprivation was realistic or not( In my opinion it was)the fact is that this feeling was there and was not delt appropriately by the West Pakistani politicians/military. No one else is to be blamed but us.
      India's role in the conflict was nothing to be proud of. What she did was not for the sake of ppl of bangladesh but to weaken a percieved enemy. ( Just like Pakistan's intrusions in Kashmir)

Comment

Sawar kid, so you admit that this is Indian propaganda haaN?

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited December 14, 1999).]

Comment

Trying to keep a country united when it is seperated by the enemy is always going to be a hard job. Logistically it would be a nightmare.

I don't know enough about what happened to give a fair comment, but I can accept that there were injustices upon the East Pakistan by those in power in West Pakistan. I think it is also high time for Bengalis to shed their holier than though attitude and accept that in demanding a seperate state based on race rather than religion they compromised their own ideals and showed they are as much affected by racism as those on the other side. It seems that muslims of 1400 years ago were far more tolerant in these issues than people today.

Bengalis need to concentrate less on what happened in the past and try to work out a way forward instead of maligning Pakistan for stuff that happened decades ago. They don't have that much to be proud of themselves. Siding with the pagans against fellow muslims is not something to shout from the rooftops about.

Comment

sabah,

lemme guess? multi-nicks? wasn't it too obvious from the start? wonder why no one ever noticed!
            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Queer,

Yep – shabash And no for me it wasn’t obvious, cus I personally wouldn’t be able to maintain so many nicks, also on this forum religious and national pride has been judged by what members write, so I would never have guessed that someone would sink so low

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited December 14, 1999).]

Comment

if what i think's right, the person's got atleast two, maybe three, more nicks, the others arent as misleading as one in here.

true, it's real low stuff, but hope you dont stereotype

Sherlock "queer" Holmes
                Simple ain't easy.

Comment

The dark facts may not be accepted by the generation which was born after 1971. It is sad that the older generation, gone through the humiliation of 1971, do not want to accept the fact that they were/are always wrong when they changed the priorities fixed by Quaid-e-Azam to build a new nation. When you deny the facts, the chances of improvement go down the gutter. I do not want to be personal but some people in this forum leave no choice to challenge their poor knowledge, lack of understanding, afraid of accepting the truth or just being stubborn because they think that what they have heard from their dear ones should always be right. I am sure if they look at the lives of their elders they could see the stink of untruthfulness, selfishness, dishonesty, distrust, might is right, and so on.

I just want a answer from such people. In 1947, 80% of Bengali's voted in favor of Pakistan. In 1965, same Bengalis kicked the asses of Indian soldiers out of former East Pakistan, they not only protected the Pakistani border but showed full sovereignty with brothers in West Pakistan. What happened in 1971, when same brothers who were fighting side by side against India in 1965, became staunch enemies??

Before you answer that question, I would recommend to read the unbiased history first, rather than give comments which supports your false ego or you have heard from your elders. Even you do not go into the history, it is a matter of common sense, that there must have gone some thing wrong in a period of five years, which resulted in so much hatred that Bengalis did not want to be a part of Pakistan any more!!!!.

FARID M

Comment

So Farid, even if we accept that West Pakistan was 100% to blame and Bengalis were innocent, where do you want to go from here? Bangladesh is independent now. There is no need to worry about domination of West Pakistan. Time for some constructive ideas rather than digging dirt from the past. The past is gone but the future is still in front of us.

Comment

Xtreme,

First you have to accept the fact. As I already said that without accepting fault there will be no chance of improvement. Once you accept the fault you try not to repeat the same mistake. Keeping this in mind, you need a drastic changes the way country is being presently run. Priorities should be welfare of common people rather than welfare of stupid elite class who are the blood suckers. My suggestion is to cut down the defense budget to at least 50% and divert the resources to Education, health and improving the miserable lives of people. The country does not need white elephants. More over no money is left for involving adventures like Kargil and wasting billions on producing nuclear devices. Anyway who do you want to show your muscle power? India, China, Nepal? Here I can give you the example of Chechnya. Perhaps they do not have the modern arms but they definitely have a fighting spirit to face Super power. They had beaten them earlier, they will again kick their butts.(Inshallah). We need that type of spirit to fight with enemies if they are bent to destroy the peaceful existence. Keeping in view the debt situation, Country definitely is not in a position to sustain huge expenditures on un-productive activities.

FARID M

Comment

Xtreme,

First you have to accept the fact. As I already said that without accepting fault there will be no chance of improvement. Once you accept the fault you try not to repeat the same mistake. Keeping this in mind, you need a drastic changes the way country is being presently run. Priorities should be welfare of common people rather than welfare of stupid elite class who are the blood suckers. My suggestion is to cut down the defense budget to at least 50% and divert the resources to Education, health and improving the miserable lives of people. The country does not need white elephants. More over no money is left for involving adventures like Kargil and wasting billions on producing nuclear devices. Anyway who do you want to show your muscle power? India, China, Nepal? Here I can give you the example of Chechnya. Perhaps they do not have the modern arms but they definitely have a fighting spirit to face Super power. They had beaten them earlier, they will again kick their butts.(Inshallah). We need that type of spirit to fight with enemies if they are bent to destroy the peaceful existence. Keeping in view the debt situation, Country definitely is not in a position to sustain huge expenditures on un-productive activities.

FARID M

Comment

Queer,
                          hmmm....oh and no I don’t stereotype

Comment

Working...
                          X