Punishment for Nawaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punishment for Nawaz

How do you guys 'think' Nawaz Sharif should be punished? Or should he be punished? Is the death penalty out of question?

Achtung

I think a military coup is punishable by death in most countries.

Comment

Do we need to make a martyr out of him? Let the courts decide?

Comment

I dont think they will hang him even though they have a very strong case against him regarding hijacking and attempted murder of 200+ people. I believe so because the backlash from the PML workers will be so nasty in case of a death sentence that it might send the country into riots. SO i believe the judge will be liberal enough not to take it to that point. At the same time, Im not sure Gen. Musharraf is that type of a vindictive dictator. Regardless of the incorrect route he adapted to power, i believe the circumstances called for something like this. However, death sentence i dont think will come around. Because, if a death sentence is awarded, it will be given to all 4 accused. Nawaz, shahbaz, ghaus ali, and the 4th guy. And that would mean lots of rope, and 4 tara maseehs, and 4 masks.

Comment

The case is not very strong. It is claimed that the plane was refuelled in Male and in Colombo and it is not true that it had fuel for just 3 minutes or two minutes when it landed. It had fuel for comfortable period like half an hour or more. It can also be claimed that plane could land in the military base as ordered. In fact, it could be argued that General did not want to land in military base and did not even want to get in Karachi till the coup was successful thus it was the general who put passengers in danger for his personal safety.

Comment

What musharaf is tryin' to do is to safe his ass and job till the time he retires. So at the most, he'll probably instruct the judges to send nawaz on a life time jail yatra (14 yrs or so). Benazir & Co is already torn apart and won't have any political role in the next coming yrs and with nawaz serving his time, there won't be much of trouble left for musharaf for living a luxurious peacful retired life. He'll make sure to install a democratically elected government which won't take accounts of his (musharaf's) deeds as CE. Thats seem to be the whole game plan, wrapped up in the sweet dreams of much hyped economic reforms, national integrity, provincial harmony crap.

Comment

I don't think he should be hanged and made a martyr. He was incompetent and destroyed the democratic institutions, therfore he should pay for his misdeeds by going to jail for a long time, banned from politics and all the looted wealth confiscated from him. By the way ZZ whare did you get your information regarding the plane and the amount of fuel available.

Comment

'Times of India' carried a report like this on front page in last month when I was in India.

In any case since Male and Colombo are not in Pakistan, the refulling can be confirmed from independent sources.

Comment

coup started at 5.30 (military completed take over of Islamabad, Lahore TV stations) at that time plane was far away from Pakistan territory. Musharaf did not let the plane land until the coup was complete. The rest is drama to confuse people.

Its general agreement that there no cases of corruption against Nawaz & co. General's only weapon is the palane case.

No one ever has been punished in Pakistan's history for toppling a government - the penalty is death - general should be hanged so no one in future takes the country backward in teh name of Islam, accountability, blah blah blah and other ****.

Comment

I dont think there is much substance to the "endangering life" deal. I doubt that things were as close as it is being made out to be.
                    Nawaz is a very mediocre individual, in intellect and Goals. Only in a screwed up political system like Pakistan's can some one so ordinary get to such an important post.
                    His greatest sin , in my mind is raid over supreme court, that his men did , and of course he didnt do anything about it. If courts were free , he would soon be a freee man , but now he stands to reap what he had sown.
                    I dont know what punishment suits him, but if he can be put out of politics , that would be growth for pakistan politics, getting the loans back wouldnt hurt either.

Comment

Its very common for most Pakistanis to root for the 'underdog'. I remember people asking for Bhuttos head when he was toppled. And when he was toppled, the same people turned their sentiments towards him, going against zia. Same has been happening with our attitude for every government that is thrown out, whether by the president, or via force. Its time we started looking at the wrongs as wrongs, and rights as rights. Now that Nawaz Sharif is pretty much a dead duck, public sentiment has started shifting towards him..the same people who probably wanted him out of office for his massive corruption. As for the plane drama, all the opposition is coming from Indian media, which is natural, because they dont want Gen Musharraf in power. All the powers in the world want Gen Musharraf out because they know they cannot use him as a puppet. Nobody knows what happened with the plane episode. However, the fact that one of Nawaz's accomplices has become a witness for the govt says it all.

Comment

I think Nawaz should be punished severly!!! either by hanging himmm!!!
                        there are many points to it:
                        First he did Ghadari! when the country was in Kargil crises he had a secret trade relation with the enemy country.
                        Secondly he looted the country by accessive loans and not event thinking of repaying it..
                        Thirdly he abused his powers and used them in wrong doing!!!

Comment

Nawaz's fate was decided by army the day he gave in to US pressure on the issue of Kargil.

The plane episode and everything else is a joke. Army needs that to keep the man under pressure.

i think Nawaz should be set free and tried in civil trials for looting the country. It would be a big mistake by army to hang him and make him a hero like bhutto.

Comment

Pakistani nation did not want to back away from Kargil. Nor did the Army. Nawaz backed out of Kargil because Americans told him to. He should be killed so that we send a strong message to our future leaders that if they try to fulfill American Agenda in Pakistan against the wishes of Pakistani people, then we will kill them and Americans would not be able to save them from us.

Along with Mir Jaffar Sadiq, the man who betrayed Tipu Sultan, Nawaz is the greatest traitor to Islam sub continent has ever produced.

Hang em!!! And also hang the people who sympathise with him.

Comment

Some of these facts are new to me regarding Musharraf but nevertheless I think Nawaz Sharif should be hanged and so too should be all his other guys who did the dirty acts in Pakistan. It doesn't really matter if Musharraf knew about the coup - These corrupt politicians deserve to be purged - that also means Bhutto and Altaf Hussain. Look at the past - Nawaz Sharif comes into power and he starts court cases against Bhutto and her dear hubby - nothing happens to them at all. Then Bhutto comes in and there are cases against Nawaz - again cases go on for so long and again nothing happens. All of these so called crooks should be hanged and we should start afresh

Comment

Working...
                              X