A Muslim Prime Minister in INDIA??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Muslim Prime Minister in INDIA??

If India is a secular country, then why can't we have a MUSLIM PRIME MINISTER in India??????

------------------
    Nadeem

[This message has been edited by Nadeem (edited December 10, 1999).]

You know what? You are trying to split hair. No country can be idealistic to the full, but the reasons you cite make me laff! one guy wanted Sermons of all religions on India's TV channels, another one wants to nominate his own entry for the PMs post!
    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

queer Bhai!

hahahahaha hehehehehehe hahahahaha hehehehe hehehehehe hahahahaha

Kidding you are!

Try to ANSWER the ACTUAL QUESTION and don't DIVERT the attention....

------------------
      Nadeem

Comment

What question? All i see is a pretext for you to become a hero by starting another mud-slinging session at Indian Secularism. However i'll give yu the benefit of doubt coz this is the first time....

If you really do want a serious answer, i can say 50 years isnt time enuf for a starving nation to turn into a paradigm state. India has faltered in its ideals several times, but atleast, it is on the right path. Perhaps, a simple analogy might convince you? Look at the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, it doesnt have an islamic head, it isnt a democracy, leave alone republic, but surely it is trying and targeting these goals. Got the idea?
        Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Why a country should have Muslim prime minister to prove secularism?

There are so many countries in Europe and US which may never have a non-christian prime minister, does it mean they are not secular?

Great logic indeed!

Comment

It will NOT AT ALL be surprising if a Muslim were to become the Prime Minister of India.It would only surprise the Pakistanis.
            We have had a Muslim President in the past.We can very well have a Muslim Prime Minister.
            I am sure if Azharuddin/Pataudi were not good enough to become the Cricket Captains then someone like Xtreme/Nadeem would have started a thread with the topic - 'Why can't India have a Muslim Cricket Captain' ?

I sometimes think the Pakis just cannot digest the fact the we are SECULAR .

No wonder, everything looks yellow to a jaundiced mind.

The other day, I laughed my heart out when Xtreme wanted to know why a South Indian was not crowned 'Miss World' ?

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited December 10, 1999).]

Comment

It will NOT AT ALL be surprising if a Muslim were to become the Prime Minister of India.
              This SURPRISE will not happen in INDIA at all....last 50 yrs painful history has taught this!!!

So there is no serious ANSWER of this question among Indians???????

------------------
              Nadeem

Comment

What answer are you expecting when its too evident that you've made up your mind on the issue? Quit playing the clown.
                Simple ain't easy.

Comment

I don't think so because muslims are not in majority and democracy is by defination rule of the majority. As in all democracies unlike in dictatorship the minorities have a big clout and their interests are safe gaurded by virtue of their votes.

It could have been possible if India was not broken up. You have your dream land envisioned to safe gaurd muslim rights...why do you care whether India has muslim Prime Minister or not. Do you think Pakistan or any muslim country will ever have sizable number of minority population?

Comment

Nadeem,

You are mixing up the secularism with democracy. Secularism means that there is seperation of the state and church - State doesn't sponsor any religion. Democracy is the rule of the majority. If a party headed by a Muslim can win majority votes he can become the Prime Minister. No one person or group of people can make anybody Prime Minister of India, this power lies with the people.

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited December 10, 1999).]

Comment

Nadeem,

Your questions seems to have been answered several times over with various angles used to explain and support the suggestions. So I will not attempt to repeat what has already been said by queer and Rani and the others.

What I would ask you on the same subject is: what difference would it make if a muslim prime minister *were* elected to office in India? Whether or not India is a secular nation has little impact on those that do not reside in the country.

Also....exactly what do you accomplish by using bold fonts and exclamation marks? Truly you don't want to appear a fool that has lost his head and is jumping up and down trying to get a failed point across.

Comment

What use is it being secular if you are going to stand by and watch hindu mobs tear down religious places of worship? BJP is without doubt a hindu nationalist government (only Indians deny this) and without doubt the minorities, especially the christians and muslims have had a hard time under this 'secular' leadership.

Comment

Xtreme (sorry But I have to lock horns with u again).........
                          I feel Muslims interests is being safeguarded more than ever before . That is because the BJP Government goes that extra mile to prove that they are not communal as the world doubts.The so-called 'secular' parties like Congress etc. only play their secular cards during elections which is most of the times nurturing Muslim vote Banks. This should explain why there has not been any major Hindu-Muslim tiff/riots during the BJP rule unlike earlier on.

[This message has been edited by Some1 (edited December 10, 1999).]

Comment

Muzna Here is your question:
                            What I would ask you on the same subject is: what difference would it make if a muslim prime minister *were* elected to
                            office in India? Whether or not India is a secular nation has little impact on those that do not reside in the country.
                            The answer is that..atleast MUSLIMS in India would be proud enough of their SECULAR POLICY governed by Hindus

BTW, other...I don't know why they are trying to drag Pakistan into the picture Guyz/Galz! question is very simple and it is not at all related to Pakistan.

------------------
                            Nadeem

Comment

You have not told us why electing a Muslim PM is necessary to prove secularism.

As far as Hindus are concerned, there are two non Hindus very much in race for PM, Sonia and Manmohan.

Comment

Working...
                              X