Secular India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secular India

All Indians coming to this forum never tire of reminding us about the secular nature of their country. Why then do Indian electronic media like Zee tv, Sony tv and Doordarshan only relay sermons from the Hindu religion every morning and totally ignore Islam, Christianity and Sikhism etc. In a truly secular state either there would be no sermons from any religion or every religion would be given equal opportunity. Does expose the sham of Indian secularism. What does our Indian scholars have to say.

[This message has been edited by ehsan (edited December 09, 1999).]

I dont know about commercial channels like Sony and Zee, but Doordarshan has been showing all sorts of religious stuff.

Every sunday morning, which is prime time to the average indian public, there is "Gaao Sachi Baani", a sikh religious program. "Bible kee kahaniyaa" used to come on Doordarshan. "The sword of Tipu Sultan", "Razia Begum", "Daastan-e-hatim tai", "Alif Laila" are all dished out on Doordarshan. A serial on Moses or some other prophet is in the making.

Ehsan dear, better learn to walk on one foot, nowadays the other one's permanently in your mouth

[email protected]
    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Your posting just goes to prove my point and shows who has his foot in his mouth, that is if you have any foot left. Since when did Razia Sultana, Tipu Sultan, Alf Laila and Hatam Tai form part of Islam or any other religion. Maybe you are talking of some religion which we don't know about. Please elighten us about this wonderful religion. Again you have stated that the sikh religious programme is every sunday, so it is OK in a secular country to have religious sermon of one group every day while the other have to wait one whole week. Get your facts right before you get busy on your keyboard. Nice try but won't wash.

Comment

Well, looks like i'll have to call your bluff the tuff way.

>Since when did Razia Sultana, Tipu Sultan, Alf Laila and Hatam Tai form part of Islam or any other religion.<

Oh? Were they Kafirs then?

C'mon man! Dont play pretend, it isn't all that islamic to shoot a TV soap on th Qur'an or the Prophet. Xtremists would raise hell.

>so it is OK in a secular country to have religious sermon of one group every day while the other have to wait one whole week.<

I want this one answered. What is this "daily religious sermon of one group" you are talking about? huh? Dont play hide 'n seek. Put the facts out, if you've got any!

>Get your facts right before you get busy on your keyboard.<

duh! what does that mean? What "facts" did i miss? What facts do your "exposing" post carry, Mr. Acccuser? No double stds, pls.
        Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Tipu Sultan and others you mentioned are muslims but what have they got to do with religious sermons. I was purely referring to religious sermons and you obviously want to change the topic to bring in Muslim leaders and fairy tale stories to divert attention away from the argument. The daily sermons I was referring to relate to reading of your holy book followed by the details of what it means. There is nothing to hide, watch your tv's in the morning and you will find out. The fact you messed up is mixing Tipu Sultan and others with religion. I was talking purely of religion. Why can't the readings from hindu holy book and its explanations be followed by the readings from the holy books of other religion. That is what would happen in a truly secular state. That's the point. You obviously got all your facts mixed up.

Comment

"religious sermons", "reading of your holy book"... what book? what sermon?....for one last time, what's the big idea? You just cant malign a whole country with some rumor you picked up at the fish market!

The "sermons" that you talk about on Doordarshan are most likely aerobics and stock market trends. Thats all i get out here in the mornings. Prove me wrong, get me solid proof, not this kind of amateur cribbing.

and less abuse of your "you got your facts wrong", it sounds so funny on your posts.
            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Which planet do you live on. Switch on Zee or Sony in the morning around 6.30 and watch preferably with your eyes open and you might see and learn something. Once you have done that then come and put your arguments. You have a habit of twisting facts, nothing new. If you EVER get your facts right let me know and I will stop.

Comment

I asked for solid proof, like mebbe the name of the program and its nature, perhaps? Till you get any, quit moaning. And dont try to palm off Sony and Zee as Doordarshan.

Twisting of fact? me? Ho Ho. For starters, lets hear you name the "sermon","book",program and channel...
                Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Working...
                X