True democracy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True democracy.....

Pakistan has an overwhelming majority of illitrate ppl...Our social development is in its infancy...( in the past decade or two , we have actually regressed)General population is psychologically immature, i.e unable to see much beyond personal short term goals...
    All these traits are very clearly represented in our political leaders....
    Isnt that what democracy is supposed to do.....i.e bring up ppl who represent majority...so dont we already have true democracy?
    secondly our political system is corrupt, which means that only someone who can negotiate it, can come up...i.e someone who is comfortable playing this field..PPl who cannot do that are automatically deleted...
    Democracy is a self educating process, if allowed to work , it would slowly improve. Maybe in 3 , 4 , or 5 decades..
    Democracy can only allow someone like the majority to come up...Very few great leaders who revolutionized their societies came through it....
    In a country where 40 to 50% of the population is under the age of 20yrs, do we have the time to wait for the slow , but sure improvement that democracy can bring,,or are we at a point where if things are not changed soon and drastically , we will enter a point of no return i.e the fabric that keeps us together as a nation would give way to an even more primitive level of existance with consequent disintegration...

I agree with your one point

"Democracy is a self educating process, if allowed to work , it would slowly improve. Maybe in 3 , 4 , or 5 decades.."

To be fair to politicians they have never been given a fair chance to develop, grow up and learn from their mistakes. Most of teh time our power hungry general have ruled the country. Even when the politicians have been in power generals were still there telling them what to do... You can only blame someone for not doing the job well if the responsbality was also matched with the same leval of authority to do the job well.

Without allowing the political process continue nothing can be achieved.

Comment

Mahmood bahi general or no general pakistan is still where it was...so no reason to blame on person its the fault of the whole county including confused minded pakistani public...We again and again elect the same people who rob us...who dont keep promises..and we forgot who we are we are followers of Islam and we follow democracy which does not exist, only in the minds of people...

Jaawan

------------------
      Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

As I already said we have not been able to decide what we want. I think time has come to decide. Democracy or Army rule. Once it is decided please adhere to one system. People have become sick and tired of hide and seek game of politicians vs generals to grab the power by hook or by crook.

FARID M

Comment

Working...
        X