Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakitsan...A political mistake.......?

I have a request to make....
    Can the pakistanis on this site please give points in favour of this question..
    And indians here , give points against it...
    Queation again is...
    Is creation of pakistan a political mistake..

Maybe Gupshup discussion Forums are also a mistake then? And we better disband the Pakistan cricket team pretty damn quick too.

Comment

pakistan was definitely not a mistake since it was the need of that time to separate two fighting sections rather then forcing them to stay togeather and see them fighting everyday.
      i think the mistake was allowing army to dominate the country's political process which then gave backseat to basic needs of pakistani people i.e. education, shelter, food, economic infrastructure, medical facilities, etc. today the state of infrastructure is that pakistan can make atomic bomb but not a car for its own people.
      there are many things which could be listed in this category.
      the second mistake was brainwashing the public into beleiving that india is a enemy and filling them with hatred. what happened was all the pakistans energy and thinking power was concentrated into belittling india. the result. india with all its problems is way ahead in proportion to pakistan.
      pakistan should have emulated examples from singapore, taiwan and other small countries who are economic giants. this could have been done when americas aid was flowing unlimited due to cold war. but then it took the other way round and the result is for everyone to see. it lost two generations in the process and the current generation also seems to follow suit.

Comment

Fact...Can you please mention your country of origin too....
        I know it doesnt matter where the opinion is coming from , but part of the reason for this discussion in my mind is helping ppl from both countries see each others point of view......of course no decision is absolute, neither can be the decision to create pakistan.
        And I repeat my request again..this thread can be much more useful if The Indians here give reasons why Pakistan should have been created,,and Pakistanis and pakistanis against this view...

Comment

nova,
          i am indian by origin and also spent initial years of my life in india. i have seen how this hatred has made us fight three wars. imagine the money we spend on wars and on our defence needs were diverty on economic and social infrastructure, it would have been
          a different scene altogeather now. i know its a mirage now in the current situation but then we have to decide when we have to start. better late then never. my job makes me travel around the world so knows the diverse opinion of the people

Comment

the better question is - is india a huge mistake or what?

Comment

It was not a political mistake it was peoples mistake hindus and muslims who didnt wana live together...PEOPLE HATE EACH OTHER. if there was no pakistan by now who know some of us wouldnt be here...it was mistake or problem solving of 2 different people. Except religion indians aand pakistani are same thing...they have hate for each other they have jealousy for thire own kind...they cant see others happy and they look up to others for help and dont help when others need help.

Jaawan

------------------
              Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

Certainly not, creation of Pakistan was the best thing that happened to the sub continent as the two communities were constantly fighting each other and the level of hatred had reached the point of no return. In the circumstances the creation of our homeland was but natural. That we have made a mess of things since its creation is another matter and does not negate the reasons for its creation.

[This message has been edited by ehsan (edited November 14, 1999).]

Comment

Jawaan and ehsaan....
                  If you both are from Pakistan , I would like to hear your reasons , against it....That was the whole point of this post,,,

Comment

Wellllllll i was not there when this thing happened...and plus i dont have problem living with a hindu as long as that hindu doesnt have problem with me. DO YOU GET WHAT IM SAYING? If he doesnt like me and he doesnt like me being muslim how do you expect me to like him????? Religion was the whole point behind sepration...most people dont think the way i just told you so..instead of bloodsheds everyday...we had to have another country.

Jaawan

------------------
                    Till next time***K_I_S_S***

[This message has been edited by Jaawan (edited November 14, 1999).]

Comment

I have no points against the creation of Pakistan. It was the necessity of the time.

Comment

Let me chuk in another question.........if lets say PURELY HYPOTHETICALLY that pakistan wasnt created, and wat we now know as "india" would be the same nation as pakistan and b'desh...wat would be the scenario now? waht would "india" be like....some input plz!!!!thx..

Comment

is pakistan a political mistake
                          YES

reasons
                          we have to go back into history to the time the british came to the indopak subcontinet
                          true that the muslims, sikhs, hindus and the rajputs had their disputes however
                          the it was the british who fueled these disputes to an extent that ppl started shouting partition partition ....

ofcourse partition was bound to happen sooner or later however the right to partition and the right to divide the land on the map should have only been given to the muslim and hindu leaders ....

then again that wasnt so it was the british who drew the line divided pakistan in such a manner that it was divided in between by india ....
                          the result we lost east pakistan
                          the issue of kashmir ...i am sure the royals in bukingham have secret pleasure balls to celebrate that both indian and pakistani fools are still fighting over kashmir

sure the partition should have been done however not in this manner it should have been carefully planed and administered

however my view are here only cause i see it from the the eyes of a person born thrity years after partition

Comment

Salaam;
                            Is creation of pakistan a political mistake??

Answer: NO..
                            Reasons;
                            If we look in to the history before the partition, the conviction had been growing among the Muslims that their interests demanded the preservation of their separate identity rather than amalgamation in the Indian nation that would for all practical purposes be Hindu. I am agree with Jawaan. Just look to the Muslims who didn't come to Pakistan the time of partition, still facing lot of problems living in India under Hindus. If partition wouldn't be happened..we still live in the slavery..as ehsan said that it was nessecity of the time.

And Nadia21...
                            so U r challanging to the efforts of Jinnah and his companions. Wut they did is ultimately wrong(thats wut u want to say).
                            Its Quaid Jinnah who led his movement with such skill and tenacity that ultimately both the Congress(if u know about Congress??) and the British government had no option but to agree to the partitioning of India. Britishers found no way to reject the demand of Muslims of the subcontinent for a separate homeland.

All the best.

It is my belief that our salvation lies in following the golden rules of conduct set for us by our great law-giver, the Prophet of Islam. (Quaid-e-Azam Speech at Shahi Darbar, Sibi, February 14, 1948)

Comment

British didn’t give a damn about the partition of India. They created more problems than one might think that they solved by dividing the country. I am not trying to question the sincerity of Jinnah and other leaders who were steadfast about the creation of a Muslim Homeland, but in retrospect, they played in the hands of the British (unintendedly, and unintentionally). By breaking India into smaller pieces, British achieved what they wanted: Imperialism through Division. Our colonial hangover is pretty obvious if we look around at the industrial structure (along with sports, education, and political cultures) of both India and Pakistan, one has to be blind not to see the British tilt. A united India would never have let the English take them for subsequent rides. A United India would have been a much bigger regional economic power. People of India were more industrious and much more advanced than the European (India was called “Soany ki ChiRya,” - a bird of Gold, because of it, and before it was colonized by various invaders. While the Europeans were climbing trees (a reference to them as acting like monkeys), India had the most advanced civic centers of that time. Mark Twain refers to India as the “Birthplace of Civilizations”, he is only half right. India also was a birthplace of greatness.

However, I would have thought differently in 1947 had I lived in that era. Now that I am living in the new millennium, I think Pakistan is not a mistake. Pakistan has a potential (along with India) to become one of the best nations (economically, religiously, politically) in the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X