Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usaamah ibn Laadin kaun hai...?

http://www.hipakistan.com/urdu-163.html

What ever she wrote is her point of view, but please dont compare Tariq Bin Zayad and Musa bin Nasieer with that Usama guy...

Comment

I think this belongs in Politics, and not here.

Osama Bin-Laden is a terrorist. He sympathizes with Taliban Rule, and anyone sympathetic to Taliban’s treatment of women is wrong. Taliban should hand Mr. Bin-Laden over to USA, so he can be tried for embassy bombings and the justice is served.

In terms of the news article, Ms. Rahman has no idea what she is talking about. She would fail a high schools exam if she submitted this essay of hers. She is looking at geopolitical conflicts through emotional and cultural archetype. Her explanation of foreign debts and loans to Islamic nations by the west exposes her lack of knowledge about the issues of the day.

Comment

This should probably be moved to Politics. Just cause Osama Bin Ladin is a Muslim, doesn't mean posts about him should be included in the religion section. He's more involved in political issues than religious theology....

>Osama Bin-Laden is a terrorist.

Says who? He is innocent until proven guilty isn't he? Looks like the American public (ie NY Ahmadi is a good representation) has already tried him and convicted him. Why on earth should he be tried in a country which is ready to lynch him. There would be no due process in the US. Saying justice would be served is ridiculous. How bout the bombings of Afghanistan and the Sudan by the US. Shouldn't Clinton have to be tried for his violations of international law - he too is a terrorist by this logic. Maybe he should be extradited to Afghanistan and tried under the Taliban...I wonder if he'd get a fair trial...

>and anyone sympathetic to Taliban’s > treatment of women is wrong.

It always comes back to that contentious issue about women. What is always ignored is the fact that women were being gang raped before the Taliban came to power. Rape was a valid weapon of war. The Taliban were created to curb such abuses. They did curb them, through draconian policies. Hopefully they will change their stance on women...but at least they've provided some semblance of peace in Afghanistan and a sense of hope and protection for the marginalized.

>She is looking at geopolitical conflicts >through emotional and cultural archetype.

I can't read urdu...but hey so are you...re-read your post, your the one to talk about getting emotional.

>Her explanation of foreign debts and loans >to Islamic nations by the west exposes her >lack of knowledge about the issues of the >day.

If she's talking about World Bank and IMF structural loans, she's right on the money. Its an accepted fact that these institutions have helped alter the economies of the developing world (not just Islamic), creating exporting countries, specializing in commodities used in the west, by westerners. Specializing in cash crops (in the case of Bolivia in cocaine). Now the experts are moving into eastern Europe, they've already destroyed the economy in Russia, Pakistan is a basket case, Africa's been raped. These issues are all discussed in a variety of books...there is an entire discourse dedicated to the impact of these institutions on the economics of the devoloping world and what is now being termed - the globalization of poverty.

Achtung

Comment

This is been moved to the politics section

Achtung
          I agree with the last bit of your observation. Indeed there have been great negative effects of the huge multinational organizations such as the World Bank. having worked directly on a couple of projects, i can only say the money that is spent does not do all the good it is claimed to ... Simply put building flying elephants may be the greatest wonder of the world, but it does little to really affect the life of the people that these institutions are supposed to be working for. There is the precieved concept that cause these institutions have such higly qualified workers , they are always doing the right thing. This might be true in some cases, but definately not always. And there is a huge amount of politics involved in these setups unfortunately.

Comment

“..>Osama Bin-Laden is a terrorist.
            Says who? “

OK, I used the wrong term. He is a “suspected terrorist”. He is innocent until proven guilty. He will even get free representation when he is tried here (unless he wants to hire Johny Cocoron with the millions that he has). I think if he blows a few Canadian embassies, you will still admire him. He is as filthy as they come, but he still has a right for representation, unlike those who were butchered by his bombs.

“(..NY Ahmadi is a good representation)”

add to this “and a proud American”.

“..Shouldn't Clinton have to be tried for his violations of international law - he too is a terrorist by this logic. Maybe he should be extradited to Afghanistan and tried under the Taliban...”

Nothing wrong with dreaming.

“Hopefully they will change their stance on women...but at least they've provided some semblance of peace in Afghanistan and a sense of hope and protection for the marginalized.”

That’s not what Masood says.

“I can't read urdu...”

Not to worry too much, there are over 70% Pakistanis who can’t either, but they have nukes.

Comment

>He is innocent until proven guilty...

So you say...right now...but hold on, wait a few sentances and we get this:

>I think if he blows a few Canadian embassies, you will still admire him.

Apparantly he is guilty again!!

>He is as filthy as they come, but he still has a right for representation, unlike those who were butchered by his bombs.

And now he even has ownership of the bombs! Look people - American justice - innocent until proven guilty. This is what it means. Only in principle not in practice!

>add to this “and a proud American”.

There is pride, than there is over-zealous pride, also known as arrogance. American's are the most arrogant people I know. I prefer humility to pride.

>Nothing wrong with dreaming.

Here is that arrogance again...only we Americans can extradite criminals. The rest of the world cannot.

>That’s not what Masood says.

Masood is a military leader, who ironically is being claimed a saviour for women. When under his leadership, women were being gang raped by tribal lords. People say alot to get access to power. Nancy Hatch Dupree, one of the leading humanitarians (perhaps the most well known in the region), thinks the Taliban will change - she believes it is inevitable. Afghanistan's history has been one where whenever a calamity strikes women are held up as symbols of purity and chastity - of everything good. Afghanistan is in that period right now. The perversity with which the Taliban are carrying out their reverence for women is as political as it is cultural and religious.

>Not to worry too much, there are over 70% Pakistanis who can’t either, but they have nukes.

Is it a pre-requisite that your population be literate in order to have access to weapons of mass destruction? American's have nukes as well...and their population is fed news media which is so slanted and bias, it only feeds into mass frenzies, where the majority of people support things which seem cruel and ludricous to most other non-Americans. Literacy doesn't mean you can have a legitimized access to weapons of mass destruction, likewise illiteracy doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to defend yourself against forces of aggression.

Achtung

Comment

Osama bin Laden is thought to be a CIA agent so he can ruin the name of Islam. When we support we helping USA. Ever heard the saying Live Like Ali, Die like Hussayn. Is this FAGIT doing that? Is he living like Ali or Muhammed? Did Ali and Muhammed do terrorism to spread Islam? HELL NO! Did Ali and Muhammed kill innocent people HELL NO! IF you think that this is innocent then why won't he come to the USA for a trial? USA is a FREE nation. He will get due process like KANSI. Remember This is the kinda JINNAH was afraid off.

------------------
                Live like Ali
                Die like Husayn

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited November 10, 1999).]

Comment

Ossamah bin ladin...AGENT of CIA in afghan war...when the work was done from him...USA called him terrorist...for no reason..no profs at all...NO SLID PROF OF HIM BLOWING UP THINGS>> NOTHING...USA doesnt like muslims dont like them over powering anyone else..so they humiliate them and make them LOOK bad in the eyes of world community...dont believe everything u see on TV..its just a boxx...

Jaawan

------------------
                  Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

Fanatic:

You are one of the few talented people who can use the names of Islam's beloved Prophet and family members with the words 'F*CK', 'F*GIT' and 'MUTHA F*CKA'.

Live like Ali, die like Husayn. Hmmm...wonder if they used language like that?

I don't buy into these conspiracy theories that easy...Bin Laden is a CIA agent, I don't think so. He was trained with the mujahideen and fought in the Afghan-Russia war. He fled from the Taliban when they took Jalalabad, because they were going to kill him. He now has been granted asylum under that same leadership.

Does anyone know the conditions under which the Taliban is ready to give Bin Laden to the US? Or is there no condition? Also, the Taliban are not recognized as the political party ruling Afghanistan, by the US. So this seems to be a case where the US is demanding the extradition of a 'suspect' with a group who they don't even recognize.

On a side note, Kansi was arrested with complete disregard for international protocal. If such practices were deemed acceptable, Iran should have been permitted to come into the US and arrest the Shah when he took refuge in America. The same can be said of other tyrants who seek refuge in foreign countries. There is a protocol to follow which makes sense. The first step is to recognize the Taliban, accept that they do have leadership of Afghanistan, than negotiate with them for Bin Laden.

Achtung

Comment

I agree with Achtung. The reason the Taliban refused to hand Osama bin Laden to the Americans was because the American failed to supply adequate proof that Osama bin Laden was guilty. The Taliban have earned my respect.

Comment

Why does Fanatic think that Osama is any different to Ali (RA) or Hussain(RA) in his actions? He prays, he fights jihad against the kafirs and he has given up the life of a millionaire to fight his cause. What more do you want him to do? In one interview, I remember the mujahideen soldiers saying they used to salute him as he passed because they had seen him fight in the trenches with them against almost impossible odds.

Fanatic, one minute you are saying he is a CIA agent, the next you are saying he should be tried in the US courts. Does this make sense? How many CIA agents are tried by their own governments? You should think carefully about hurling around accusations without proof. That certainly isn't the way of Ali (RA) or Husayn(RA).

Comment

You wanna know why im so damn pissed off?
                          Cos im tired of ppl at my school calling me a terrorist and related to bin laden and saddam hussein. it may make you proud if ppl call u a terrorist but it doesn't make me proud. Osama would be a true hero if he didn't kill innocent ppl and most ppl killed in the bombings were africans most of whom were muslims as well. so he killed some muslims. WOW! hE IS THE GREATEST ISLAMIC HERO! Muslims in USA hate.

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited November 12, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                          X