Photo of nawaz after the coup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo of nawaz after the coup

Hello guys here is a picture of nawaz sharif after the coup. You can't miss it.

<url>http://members.tripod.com/~yasirmirz...ml</url>
    http://members.tripod.com/~yasirmirza/nawazpanga.html

Please Sign my guestbook
    Please Sign my guestbook
    Please Sign my guestbook
    Please Sign my guestbook
    Please Sign my guestbook

------------------
    MIRZA YASIR

[email protected]
    Homepages
    mirzayasir.paklinks.com
    pafcollchaklala.paklinks.com
    Homeopathy Message Board
    This is a message board which I created. Here you can post your diseases along with your symptoms and get a homeopathic prescription in 2-3 days. Its Free! Its amazing! Try it.
    http://mirzahomeomain.paklinks.com

Mirza Yasir,

Do you think it is a matter of fun? By posting that web site shows that how barbarians are we even, in 21st century?

By the way, what did he do wrong when he removed the the Chief of Army? Didn't constitution allow him to do so?

Once ZA Bhutto said that "es quom ki asal taqat awaam hay". How foolish he was, when his government was thrown out by Zia-ul-Haq. Who said "es quom ki asal taqat foaj hay".

Sincerely,

FARID M

Comment

I thought the picture was funny. Why take it so seriously? Why is it that Pakistanis can not laugh at themselves. Must we take things so seriously? ONLY A NAWAZ SUPPORTER WOULD !

Just a joke.

Comment

It was not fact that he removed the chief of staff, but the way he removed him and the systematic destruction of the other institutions of Pakistan, that the people of Pakistan and the army objected to. The coup does have the support of the majority of the people of Pakistan.

Comment

I Khan,

"Apni jag hasai karnay main agar maza ata hay to" go ahead. But do not think that you are different species than Nawaz Sharif, because it is very difficult to convince people in this world that there is any difference among Nawaz Sharif, rich or poor Pakistanis. They think that "Is hamam main sub nangay hain".

Enjoy your humiliation....

Sincerely,

FARID M

Comment

Ehsan,

When Ayub Khan kicked Skandir Mirza, he had the peoples' approval, When Yahya Khan kicked Ayub Khan he had the peoples approval, When Zia-ul-Haq kicked ZAB, he had the peoples' approval, When Pakistan broke in 1971 it had the peoples' approval,. Tell me what ever happend to Pakistan, when the "peoples" approval were not there????

My question in previous post was very simple. Wheather Nawaz Sharif had or had not the power to remove or change Cheif of Army according to the constitution? The answer is simply yes or no.

Sincerely

FARID M

Comment

Farid, it is not a simple question of yes or no. Nawaz Sharif was destroying and playing havoc with the very same constitution to which you are referring. How do you stop such a maniac. He had already removed or blocked all the checks and balances which were there to keep and errant PM like him in line. At the end he forced the hand of the army. If it was not Musharraf then somebody else would have taken the same steps sooner or later. I am all for democracy, but a democracy which is truly representative and not a dictatorship couched under the banner of democracy. If we are going to have dictatorship than at least it should be from people who do not profess to be democratic and at the same time are looting the nation. One has to keep reality in mind when juding such issues. While you are quick to point out all the other dictators of Pakistan of the past you conveneintly forgot one major difference. All of them declared martial law and became unchallenged rulers of the land, where the press was gagged. Musharraf hasn't done that and on top of that he has declared his assets, the first among Pakistani leaders, be it military or civilian. Keep things in perspective.

[This message has been edited by ehsan (edited November 04, 1999).]

Comment

Ehsan,

Had it not better if Nawaz Sharif would have been replaced with in the parliament? Is it not better even after his departure, a time frame be given for general elections and country be put back on the track?

I do not doubt about the honesty of Parwez Musharraf, but first order he passed was that his orders could not be challenged by any one including Supreme Court? Does it make any sense to you. Even Hadhrat Umar the most powerful Khalif of the time was answerable to courts and common men for his actions.

Instead of prolonging his rule in the name of accountability and bankcruptcy, his aim should be to announce date for new elections, make sure the transperency of election process, and hand over the power to elected people as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

FARID M

Comment

What you are saying is true, that it would have been better to replace Nawaz through Parliament rather than a coup. No doubt about it. But the ground reality was that it was impossible to do that, with the impunity with which he had made the parliament impotent. My basic point is that he had closed all the avenues where he could be challenged and this resulted in the current situation. Musharraf's greatest legacy to Pakistan could be a system where no one man could abuse the system the way Nawaz did.

Comment

The bottom line is, are we better off now or worse? Musharraf has declared his assetts and that is a big step forward. Idealism can come later. Practicality has to come first.

Comment

Working...
                    X