[Merged] Denmak in a sorry state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please contribute to this thread by posting names of the everyday use products that are made in denmark.

What I am hoping is that we will have a list of items that could go on our "DO NOT BUY" list.

thanks

G,

PS: Danish cookies are not made in Denmark, neither are the danishes that you find in the bakery section of your favorite grocery store.

Re: Made in Denmark!

Danish Kaneria. Clearly from Denmark. It even says so in his name.
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Comment

Originally posted by Grunge
      Please contribute to this thread by posting names of the everyday use products that are made in denmark.

What I am hoping is that we will have a list of items that could go on our "DO NOT BUY" list.

thanks

G,

PS: Danish cookies are not made in Denmark, neither are the danishes that you find in the bakery section of your favorite grocery store.
      How about starting with some of the Pakistani military's UAV and air defense systems.

Comment

NameInUse: may I ask why you seem to be defending the cartoons and denmark so much?!

Comment

One Danish 'product' - their flag, is having blazing sales in many parts of the world at the moment.

Comment

Storch, you crack me up....
            Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

Originally posted by Golddigger
              NameInUse: may I ask why you seem to be defending the cartoons and denmark so much?!
              I'm not defending the cartoons. As a matter of fact, I think it was idiotic to print them. Their only point seems to be to insult and to be insensitive. However, being idiotic and insensitive should not be a crime. If I were in the place of the editor, I would not have printed...but I believe there is a right to publish and print offensive material.
              This whole story would have been a non-issue, were it not for the Muslim over reaction. I suspect the newpaper was counting on the over reaction. It is exactly because of this over reaction that newspapers in France, Italy, Spain, and Norway reprinted.
              This whole episode is idiotic.

Comment

yes do post the list I will make sure I buy those good preferbaly these people need support

Comment

Originally posted by NameInUse
                  I'm not defending the cartoons. As a matter of fact, I think it was idiotic to print them. Their only point seems to be to insult and to be insensitive. However, being idiotic and insensitive should not be a crime. If I were in the place of the editor, I would not have printed...but I believe there is a right to publish and print offensive material.
                  This whole story would have been a non-issue, were it not for the Muslim over reaction. I suspect the newpaper was counting on the over reaction. It is exactly because of this over reaction that newspapers in France, Italy, Spain, and Norway reprinted.
                  This whole episode is idiotic.
                  I agree that the whole episode is idiotic and the cartoons were probably printed for the very purpose of an over reaction... But I dont agree that Mulsims are over reacting. You can't expect something like this to happen and for people to say nothing at all, and honestly, I'd be pissed if nothing was said or done...

Comment

Originally posted by ganguly
                    yes do post the list I will make sure I buy those good preferbaly these people need support
                    these people are getting the support of Europe already...

Comment

LURPAK is Danish.

Comment

With it's exports being hit hard, and unprecedented condemnation from Muslims and also non-Muslims alike, this little country is now begging forgivness and seeking a way out of a nightmare they have created for themselves.

Denmark asks Turkey to mediate with Islamic world to defuse tension

Danish PM reaches out to Arab media over cartoon uproar

Danish foreign minister apologizes to Abbas for Muhammad cartoons

Comment

Re: Denmak in a sorry state

Sistani warns Denmark

NAJAF — Iraq’s highest Shia religious authority, Grand Ayatollah Ali Al Sistani, on Sunday urged Copenhagen to take “measures to discourage” those who offend Islam, his spokesman said. The influential Sistani weighed in amid growing uproar in the Muslim world over the publication in Denmark and Norway of blasphemous cartoons. “The ayatollah asks the government of Denmark to take measures to discourage those who knowingly harm Islam,” said Sistani’s spokesman Hamed Al Khafaf in the Shia holy city of Najaf. Khafaf added that Sistani “had asked Iraqi Prime Minister Ibrahim Jaafari to summon the Danish ambassador to Baghdad to inform him that Najaf’s religious authorities and the Iraqi people condemn the Danish Press’s attack against Islam and to demand these measures.” The Marjaiya, or Shia religious authorities, “equally denounce the fact that the Danish government has cloaked this offense in the name of defending free expression,” Khafaf said. Sistani also said that participation in the US-led coalition forces in Iraq by “Danish forces with the said aim of helping the Iraqi people is contradictory with attacks against that which is most sacred to Iraqis and attacks on their most noble beliefs,” according to his spokesman.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...iddleeast&col=

Comment

The orginal cartoons are no where near as offensive of those now floating around the web. It seems that all this has opened a can of worms and mocking religious figures will not be outlawed so what these protesters want has caused the opposite effect to happen.

Comment

Hey I thought it was all about freedom of speech why beg forgiveness now?

So what can we excpect tommorow from the European press, some articles highlighting the views of holocaust revisionists...erm dont fink so.

Freedom of speech my ass, try saying the holocaust didn't happen see how long your free speech lasts.

This is hypocracy.

Comment

Working...
                              X