Hasan seeks Vajpayee's help for Sharif's safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasan seeks Vajpayee's help for Sharif's safety

LONDON: Hasan Sharif, son of deposed Pakistan premier Nawaz Sharif, on Sunday made a ``personal appeal'' to Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee to strive for the ``safety of Sharif and his family'' and restoration of democracy in Islamabad.

``My appeal to Vajpayee is personal. It has nothing to do with politics and I am not in politics,'' 23-year old Hasan said.

``My father was for peace and despite all odds he worked hard for peace in the region. That is why he met him (Vajpayee) in Lahore,'' he said. Lamenting that ``my family's and my human rights have been violated in Pakistan,'' he said ``I will do whatever possible to get Pakistan out of the fascist regime.''

He said he had no contacts with his father since October 10, two days before he was overthrown in a bloodless coup by the army. Stating that Gen Pervez Musharraf had ``betrayed'' Sharif, Hasan said the only charge levelled against his father was that he was ``corrupt.''

``That is no reason for a coup. Even if the government is unpopular it is accountable to the people of Pakistan where there is a multi-party system,'' he pointed out.(PTI)

>>a ``personal appeal'' to Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee to strive for the ``safety of Sharif and his family'' and restoration of democracy in Islamabad

Interesting, why to Vajpayee?? An appeal to Clinton would be understandable but Vajpayee hmmm…

Comment

Why not an appeal to vajpayee, after all son is following in the footsteps of the papa who was desperately trying to handover Musharraf to Inida by instructing the plane to land in Ahmedabad. How low can the Sharif family sink?

Comment

I don't think even Allah can help Hasan.

Good luck anyway!

Fata Morgana

Comment

Working...
        X