Latest from Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest from Pakistan

A good friend and a very reliable source has told me only a few minutes ago that something is cooking. He wasn’t very clear about what that something might be. I trust his sources, and I thought I should share it with you. According to him:

“Musharaff is here only for a few more days. Someone else (from within Army) is going to take over, with Musharaff thrown out – an honorable discharge”. The new interim government will be made up of civilians, pretty much like the earlier stint of Moeen Qureshi. Shariff will be tried for corruption charges in the civil courts, and charge about his conspiracy to have the plane diverted will be tried in the Military courts. Situation looks very bad. There is a rift in the Army and the top brass is not very happy with Musharaff and his ideas. Particularly his unilateral move to call the troops back from the borders with India. He is only in-charge on paper. Three other more senior officers are running the show.”

This is the same friend who told me about the coup in progress while Musharaff was still in Sri Lanka. I heard it before his plane had landed in Karachi. So I trust him. This friend is high up in the Armed Forces.

It is only a matter of days!

dekho bhaiya, once army puts the boot, it wont go away so easily. so civilian govt. seems unlikely to me. maybe they will have someone as mask and work behind curtain.

keeping sharif in jail is dangerous for musharraf. if ever again, he or his party gets power, musharraf's head will be first to roll. just like zia got rid of bhutto, musharraf will finish him, i believe. International community shouted a lot when ZAB was hanged also. but that does not matter.

very entertaining scene. south asian polititicians, though dont give anything else to people, do not fall short in providing entertainment.

Comment

Only trust news when they get old.

Fata Morgana

Comment

This sounds like more good news. Musharraf has been making too many dodgy statements. We need an army hard-liner in charge not a puppet.

Comment

Let's not get carried away with rumours and wait for the facts to emerge.

Comment

NYA.....>>This is the same friend who told me about the coup in progress while Musharaff was still in Sri Lanka. I heard it before his plane had landed in Karachi. So I trust him. This friend is high up in the Armed Forces.<<

I would advise this same friend of yours not to tell you any inside news anymore, as you have problem keeping it confidential even for couple of minutes. Why are so 'pait ka kacha'?? Here is a sheyr of Akbar Ala Abadi for you

kamzour hai meri sahat bhi kamzour hai meri bimari bhi
            jab achha tha kuch kar na saka, bimar parra tou mar na saka

Comment

what is it with you ahmadi, did u have stocks in the former goverment ? u seem very prejudiced.

Let us see what happens, but for Allah's sake be realistic, and make up discussions for the sake of a matter, and not due to lack of discussions!

Comment

Working...
              X