Jokers from Commonwealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jokers from Commonwealth

The ministers from commonwealth coming to Pakistan to meet General Musharraf are demanding to see Nawaz. They are not requesting but demanding, I just hope that the military government will show them the door and tell them to get lost. It is blatant interference in out affairs and we should not bow to such a useless organisation. It is ironic that the foreign minister of Zimbabwe was in the chair when Pakistan was suspended from the organisation. He conveniently forgot that in his own country there is one party rule and people have a great democratic choice to vote for one party only. No doubt Robin Cook saw that as a great exercise in true democracy. Hypocricy knows no bounds.

Pakistan can not afford it, ehsan, again u will have to go to doors of Robin Cook to get London club agreement ratified. What if Cok shows door to Musharraf that time.

Comment

Why should Pakistan have to beg to these people anyway.

As Ehsan says the Commonwealth is a bunch of jokers anyway. They are very quick to suspend Pakistan from the Commonwealth. They do not look at the facts - the people of Pakistan are glad the Nawaz Sharif was ousted, the 'coup' was a bloodless one. What are the advantages of being in the Commonwealth anyway? I don't see too many - the only ones that come to my mind are that we will get aid (not necessarily financial) and that it will be easier to get into UK. I live in the UK - the british I don't think give two hoots about us - they love India and always will.

The British were adamant to suspend Pakistan from the Commonwealth and at the same time they are hosting the Chinese premier - China which is well known for its human rights abuses, for its love of the Tibetans. How can they tolerate one dictatorship (hated one) and not another one (excepted by the people).

Another note - Nigeria was not excluded from the Commonwealth for 2 years will the military took over - it was accepted - the British (I use them rather than the Commonwealth as they seem to be the voice of the Commonwealth) at the time said that we do not interfere in the runnings of other countries. The only reason Nigeria was kicked out was because they killed a politician or writer.
      Why should we have to worry about the Commonwealth - when they have differing standards according to how that particular country or situation affects themselves?

Comment

May be it will be a good thing. Maybe we will sit up and take notice and stop going to these countries for loans. As for the question can Pakistan survive without loans. The answer is yes, it will face extreme difficulties but it will survive. The loans forwarded to us so far have been looted by the democrats from both parties. The poor people of Pakistan got very little benefit of these loans, if any. So if they cut our aid the common person will not suffer to any great extent. This coupled with the fact that if the accountability is carried out honestly and the money looted by the leeches from both the parties is recovered it will ease a lot of the problems faced by the country. If the West forces us to the point of no return we should default and state repayments will be made when we can afford it. Maybe it will be a good start. At no cost should we let anyone and especially a toothless organisation like commonwealth dictate to us. I have written to my local Labour party and told them where to shove Robin Cook, but he is probably too busy running after another secretary in his office.

[This message has been edited by ehsan (edited October 20, 1999).]

Comment

Forget Robin Cok and the Commonwealth. They are paper tigers. The Commonwealth is a joke institution and there is no real loss from being kicked out. All those countries will trade with us if it suits them anyway. They'll just do it in secret. The Queen can kiss my Paki a$$.

Comment

Working...
          X