So what if he was born in India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what if he was born in India?

I dont know what the fascination is for people blabbing on about Gen. Musharraf being India born. In my mind, the only people who still call themselves muhajirs in Pakistan are those who havent been able to make anything of their lives, and are just looking for an opportunity to get into politics via the coattails of Altaf Hussain, and make some money. Those people who have lived in Pakistan since 1947, whether or not they were born here, are Pakistanis. Their kids were born in Pakistan, yet they still call themselves muhajirs. I havent heard any such thing from Gen. Musharraf. He doesnt consider himself a muhajir, and the fact that he was born in India doesnt change his feelings about Pakistan. Noone even bothered with the ex interim president Moeen Khan, who happens to be an american citizen, and despite being so, he was made the PM of Pakistan, and here we are questioning the roots and integrity of a soldier who has given all his life to the service of Pakistan, and is now set to make some sense out of the political scene in Pakistan. I would vote for democracy if there was some track record to show for it. But as i see it, Pakistan has had no real democracy for all of its 52 years. Lets give the man a chance and see what comes of it. We have given looters and bandits chances for the past 15 years, and here we are yelling after just a week.

Oh! I see u already had american citizen as PM, wow.

Comment

Musharraf's brother, father, mother are US citizens. His son is settled in US and I am sure he will soon be an US citizen. His daughter Mariam and son-in-law are in the process of immigrating to US, but now they may change their decision with their father being the CEO of the republic.

Comment

Musharraf's father, mother or naybody else's nationality does not matter. He is a Pakistani and that is all that matters. The Kennedy's origin was from Ireland, so is Clinton's, does that matter in America? It is about time you grew up Mohabbat.

Comment

That's right, it doesn't matter if he was born in India, he is a Pakistani by his own free will and has been loyal to it thru all times. Even Nawaz Sahrif is supposed to have been born in Indian Punjab, i didn't hear anyone wanting to make him Indian. So why Musharraf?
          Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Working...
          X