Irfan Ahmed writes in Chowk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfan Ahmed writes in Chowk

where are we heading to? we are entering 21st century with a system even looked down upon by acient greeks! i am ashamed to call
    myself a pakistani. its better if i call myself an indian. at least there is some dignity left in that country. our rogue army after poking its nose
    in afghanistan, kashmir, chechnia, and even assam, has return back to its
    past time hobby. playing musical chairs! i saw the speech on-line. well
    what do you expect from a thief who wants to justify his action? you get
    the same story over and over again. what really bothers me is that the liberal
    elements of our media are supporting this. i never expected najam sethi
    the friday times editor to support the coup. salahuddin has gone as far as
    questioning the use of democracy! what a shame! our people are too
    reactionary to see the whole picture. when are the going to realize the
    fatality of army rule? how many martial laws will take to convience them?
    can't they see that its the army who creates corrupt politicians and its
    the same rougues who removes them? no matter how corrupt and inefficient
    sharif was i was satsfied that at least there was democracy. now i have
    nothing to look up to.
    now what? what choices does army has? if it imprisons sharif,
    he'll become a hero. if they show him the rope he'll be a shaheed. in
    either case he will survive and will return to plunder again. then we'll have another round of musical chair. i think i will not going to see even a single smooth transfer of power in my life. only way we can stop this
    musical chairs is to change our views reguarding pakistan. have friendly
    relations with india. cut down the military budget and spend that on
    country development. forget kashmir. concentrate on pakistan first. or
    else there won't be a pakistan left. but how r we going to do that?
    elections , thats the only way out. but in the presence of army how can we
    expect elections? only some devine help can take us out of this mess.

Irfan Ahmed
    U.S.A.

A Bangaldeshi response:
    Ayub Khan ruled Pakistan upto 1969 and his successor Yahiya successfully divided it right through the middle with the assistance from Z.Bhutto. Pakistan in its reduced form has become only more vulnerable to further division because of further military rule of Z.Haq.The mantle has now been taken over by Mosharraf who is even worse considering that, while he was the most well prepared of the military bunch to take over power, he did not know his next move for 3 long days. Worst of all, the people of Pakistan(present half of its previous self) seem to have still been supporting him, if one has to believe the western electronic media. It is possibly getting more difficult by the day for Pakistan to survive in its present size and shape. Look at Russia - the Soviet System in its effort to outspend USA in military might disintegrated in 70 years. Pakistan similarly will disintegrate in no time to match India bullet for bullet. Kashmir, the whole of it is a pipe dream for Pakistan and the people are not told the truth in the best interest of the vested quarters.Only the people of Pakistan will decide their own fate and their future, hopefully sooner than later. But I enjoy the pleasure of knowing that we Bangladeshis have been fortunate enough to get rid of the vicious ruling clique of Pakistan, thereby saving us the ignominy of being demeaned in the eye of the rest of the world. May Allah bless Pakistan, because Pakistan needs a lot of such blessing to get rid of Barbarian rulars and the people of the country are not in a position to do that anytime soon.

Comment

Pakistan will have at least 2 years of Musharraf rule, unless another general takes over.

Comment

you are 100% right ZZ
        and There is gonna be little break now
        before marathon starts again

Comment

Working...
        X