Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So no one has anything to say.....

Well.....

I find it hard to believe that nobody has anything to say, after the last few days events in Pakistan.

Maybe people are just speechless.

I'd say more, but I'm busy...hopefully someone will start a thread on the military coup - its an important event (I think).

Achtung

Comment

I've got something to ask.

Was this site down because of the coup or was it something else?
      Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Novay, what is IP address again? One of our Captains will be visiting you soon

CM

Comment

Pakistan is going the Taliban way. I hope Taliban attacks Pakistan, take it over, and restores some order in uncivilized Pakistan...muahaha.

[This message has been edited by Reagan (edited October 13, 1999).]

Comment

'

[This message has been edited by Rubiya Nur (edited August 03, 2000).]

Comment

Itís a sad event for Pakistan and a blow to the rule of people. The stupid Generals cant even do their own jobs properly, how can we expect them to do our jobs. Armed forces have no place in running civic affairs. Their job is to get their butts kicked by aggressors, while defending our borders. They have shamed us all as a nation. No doubt that his intentions may be good, but no one has asked a General to rule us, the only exception is perhaps a few hundred religious fanatics who only have 2 elected representatives in the national assembly. These evil forces (Army and Jamat-e-Islami) are pushing the country back a few hundred years.

All countries of the world should impose severest sanctions against Pakistan. Dictatorships are thing of the past, they should never be tolerated. Not even for a day. General Musharraf should quietly walk away and respect the orders of the elected PM.

By disobeying the orders (his constitutional obligation) he is setting a very bad example for the next to-be dictators. What would stop others from accepting his orders? If he thinks his guns will make people obey his commands, he is dreaming. Look at what is happening in places like Afghanistan. Rule of Guns only goes so far, and in our case, we have hit a rock bottom and guns are not the option. We need sound economic and social policies. Generals, by default, are not good administrators of civic affairs, because general population of Pakistan is not like its soldiers in fatigues. We are soldiers of the country, but in Shalwar-Kamiz and we use our brains to make choices, unlike soldiers in fatigues. Dear General Musharraf if you are reading this, please go back to your barracks, and let the common people rule the common people. I am a strong believer in opening up and economic liberalization and free availability of pigs in my nation, but my idea of a pig was not a pig of your kind. You are a shmuck.

Comment

I believe, unlike NYAhmadi, that this is the best thing to have happened to Pakistan since the last martial law. Granted army shouldnt be ruling the civilians, and by the same token, the civilians shouldnt be running the army. Nawaz Sharif doesnt have the authority to extend his tenure 2 weeks ago, then terminate it all of a sudden, call it early retirement, and bar his plane from landing in Pakistan, despite being low on fuel. I have long said that Pakistan needs a 3rd option..other than Nawaz Sharif and Benazir. And if this is the way the change will come about, then so be it. Everyone knows how rational and straightforward things were during the last martial law under Gen Zia, but we just choose to be blind and pretend that just cause it was a dictatorship, we should detest it, regardless of all the good it did for the country. Since the advent of the so called hogwash democracy in Pakistan since 1988, Pakistan has gone deeper and deeper in debt, prices have gone nowhere but up, and the Peoples Party and Muslim league have taken turns filling up their foreign bank accounts, not to mention the fact that Pakistan lost all US military aid, and as we stood right now, muslims were killing muslims, government was going against the army, humiliating it in international forums and making a mockery out of the country, cause all they care about is themselves, not the country. Gen. Musharraf is not here to stay, as he has indicated by not imposing Martial Law, and I hope that the people of Pakistan take the initiative to bring in a 3rd party, that isnt remotely related to PPP or PML, and has no alliance with either, and knows how make good positive use of its oxford, harvard and mit education.

Comment

ISNT IT COOL?

Comment

wahoo!!!! chill out man
                    what do you want .
                    a total colapse or mad PM who does n't know his limits . I am proud of Pakistan amry once again . They did the best thing . In a country like pakistan marshal law is the only option . What you want from democrats looting and unrest in the country .Let me tell you in case you do n't already know MARS.law has n't been enforced yet but i strongly recommed this to happen .
                    do n't just go for democracy if it's not giving the expected out come .

Comment

King Rat Nawaz could never hope to survive after handing over Pakistan to the US in the Kargil issue. Benazir is a stupid airhead who is only fit for shopping sprees. So what are the alternatives? Democracy is a hoax in Pakistan and people like NYA who are talking about economy need to ask themselves why a succession of civilian governments have only made our economies worse than they were before.

I don't know much about Musharraf but I know that our soldiers gave their lives for their country and they didn't let anyone down in the Kargil fiasco. They were stabbed in the back by fork-tongued politicians like Sharif. I would trust the soldiers of Pakistan with safeguarding Pakistan any day over the Swiss Bank Brigade.

Martial law might not suit the purists or other nations like the USA who want to cosolidate their own interests through puppets like Sharif, but it is TEN TIMES better than the joke democracies we have been living under the last few years.

[This message has been edited by Mr Xtreme (edited October 13, 1999).]

Comment

NYAhmadi,
                        Salaams.

Not to come across Rude,
                        but you refer to the present state as being,
                        "...a blow to the rule of people."

Do you "Honestly" think that the overthrown "Democracy" was one, "BY the People, FOR the People and OF the People"??!!

Also about,"..constitutional obligation..", what do you say about firing the Chief of Staff in his "Absence" from the Country, and then not only disallowing him to re-enter the soil of his citizenship, but also telling PIA, which happens to be the Flag carrier of the Nation, to go land some place else??!!!

Mind you, as the air craft awaited permission (or refusal) to land, it was low on fuel and there happened to be civilian passengers on board!!!

Comment

Nawaz had to go, the man had gone mad and had driven Pakistan to bankruptcy. For him power meant the betterment of his family and Ittefaq Mills. After he demolished the constitution, the Judiciary and his abject and pathetic surrender to Clinton on Kargil was their any way out. He was now trying to bring his own cronies into the higher echelons of the army as well. But is the army rule the right thing? The answer is no. Rmemeber the last army rule by Zia. He gave Pakistan:

Drugs
                          Afghanistan's mess
                          Sindh's problem
                          Polarisation of the society
                          Murder of an elected PM under the garb of justice

The worst 11 years of Pakistan were the Zia era. It is ironic that one of the product of that Martial Law, is now its victim. The army should hold elections and hand over power to the elected leaders, but what guarantee is that we will not end with a moron like either Nawaz or Benazir again. God help Pakistan. I am against army rule and army interference in civil matters, but if you push somebody to the wall they will react.

Comment

Xtreme.. if you wana be ruled by a gun (the only language you understand) thatís fine. I donít. He is not a soldier, he is a shumck, like you!

Comment

Sharif was no angel, he was only elected. If people could elect him, they could de-elect him also. What has gone wrong is that the process of electoral power has been halted (like many times before). The real rulers of the country are the feudal lords.. Its them behind the scene. They are the ones need to put in their place, and not the elected leaders of the nation. Those of you who think that Army is a good ides, should read about the fate of the Kurds under Saddam Hussain. Do you want another Iraq? Those of us in minority dont think that Army is a good alternative to an elected parliament.

Comment

Working...
                              X