are you pro or against

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you pro or against

since this site was down i am feeling we have missed something but what do you think about the situation do you support this action of army or not
    i will say
    " hail the boys on tanks"
    welldone pakistan army

N:B dear mods all of i confused about this site was it down because of this situation.

I support this responsible move of the armed forces this time.

Fata Morgana

Comment

Aye
      Couldnt be better than whats happened with the scum govt. we had in Pakistan.

Comment

I stand fully behind the army who have never let us down.

Comment

The army had no choice but to remove the inept, corrupt and totally mad government of Nawaz. One big lesson of this coup is that you and your brother can run to US and US can give all the statements in the world supporting you, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE YOURSELF IF YOU ARE PATHETIC, UNCLE SAM OR NO UNCLE SAM

[This message has been edited by ehsan (edited October 13, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by ehsan (edited October 13, 1999).]

Comment

Not only do I stand behind the army, BUT I really really hope that Nawaz Sharif & Co., Benazirr and Co. are bought to justice. Musharraf should seize all their properties and funds and put them on the streets. He should take that money, reduce Pakistan's debts and fund the middle and lower class families that have been starving because the high rates of inflation and absolutely no jobs.

Later on
            Zman

Comment

ok here is a question for all of you
              i will share my views later

are you all in for dictatorship?

cause after nawaz noone is left to be the PM
              benazir is out and Imranz dear i dont think so

so if even the elections do happen the new PM would be a mere puppet of the army ...

btw i dont think that nawaz did anything wrong with his decision over kargil ....
              it was a very sensible decision
              who gives a damn about kashmir or india
              if i was the PM i would have given kashmir as a birthday present to india on the 15 august 2000

Comment

Nadia who gives a damn about your opinion
                here. it would be hard for you to find some one as **** as yourself .

Comment

shezi
                  thanks
                  though i find wondering the same thing about you

Comment

I feel that the army made the right move, removing Nawaz Sharif. However, I'd like to see how the events unfold in the next month, to see exactly what they plan for the future of Pakistan. But I feel that the removal of Nawaz Sharif was necessary. For those who are grappling over the issue of democracy versus dictatorship - you should remind yourself that Nawaz Sharif's rule had evolved into a pseudo-dictatorship, through his power hungry tactics and the army was one of the last bastions for him to take control. Although elected, his rule transformed into that of a dictator and even to that end, not a benevolent one. How much more pain were Pakistanis willing to endure under his regime. Lets hope and pray for some positive change.

Achtung

Comment

I am against the army taking over the Civilan government, one mistake of Nawab Shariff government was that he relied more on the army than his civilan people who could do better for the country. Now since the army has taken over the government the people of Pakistan has no option left but to live with it.

ANY POLITICIAN IN EITHER PAKISTAN OR INDIA CAN NOT GIVE A NON CORRUPT GOVERNMENT, WE HAVE LIVED FOR 52 YEARS WITH CORRUPT GOVERNMENT WHY NOT LIVE FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES WITH THESE KIND OF GOVERNMENT WE CAN NOT CHANGE THEM OVERNIGHT NOR THE ARMY CAN CHANGE THEM OVERNIGHT. TODAY P. MUSHARRAF TOMORROW BENAZIR BHUTTO THE STORY WILL BE THE SAME.

[This message has been edited by sajjadm (edited October 14, 1999).]

Comment

Hi! I fully support the Army take over....but i think he should call for elections again soon--BUT BAN both Nawaz Sharif and party AND Benazir and Party from contesting the elections and they should be tried in court....

...then perhaps we can have a real change in the country....eg Prof. Tahir ul Qadri....

Until then the Army should remain in power [until the elections]

Pakistani Army Zindabad!

Comment

If people are really hating Sharif and Benazir, there is no need to ban them. They will be defeated anyway. If people love army so much, I do not see anyone stopping Musharraf from becoming PM legally.

Comment

Finally we all agree on something!
                            It seems that the people outside of Pakistan and non Paks seem more worried about the take over than the people who have to live with it. I think it was an axcellent move and I hope a short term one as well. One one can not claim that the Shariff govt. was a democracy of anykind whatsoever.

Comment

The change has to come from within otherwise system will never evolve in Pakistan and continue to trouble others. BB comes, gets scaked, Nawaz comes, gets sacked, BB comes, gets sacked again, Nawaz comes, gets out by coup. Every time it is told that ruler was bad and others had to intervene to save country. If pakistanis believe that ruler can not be trusted for more than three years, changing constitution for having elections every three years is not bad idea. Let people intervene.

These things have little to do with person's quality of rule and more with relation of premior with army and other power structure. Even if Roosevelt was the premior of Pakistan with Kissinger as deputy, still he would look above the shoulder for the possibility of coup. So even if there is good ruler, he has to be careful not to upset higher powers.

Comment

Working...
                              X