Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indians are preparing for 2001 elections.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indians are preparing for 2001 elections.

Next election in June 2001, predicts astrologer

Mysore (Karnataka) based astrologer S.S. Jain has predicted that the 13th Lok Sabha will be dissolved within two years and a fresh election will be held in June 2001, which will herald the era of the fourth generation of the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty with Priyanka Gandhi Vadra as Prime Minister in the 14th Lok Sabha. Jain had earlier forecasted that the previous Vajpayee government would not complete more than 13 months of rule, that election would be held in November 1999, and that the Bharatiya Janata Party would regain power. "I was off by one month, but that margin is acceptable in astrological forecasts," he told The Asian Age. He adds: "I see great risk to Vajpayee's life around December 2000." Astrologer Bejan Daruwala had made the same prediction a couple of weeks ago.

He could be right in govt. falling in two yrs.! But Priyanka as PM? for that Congress has to get at least 180-190 seats. I do not see it happening in two years.

Comment

http://www.asiasociety.org/publicati....13.a.html#Why

This is an interesting site on Indian elections by Asia Society.

Mulayam Singh Yadav has predicted that the coalition government will collapse in six months.

Comment

Please join the Asia Society and indiaserver.com at a live Web chat event with political scientists Philip Oldenburg and Ashutosh Varshney on Tuesday, 12 October at 6:30pm for an analysis of the results of the Indian elections. To participate, log in here at 6:30pm EST on October 12.

Read the latest Asian Update on the Indian Elections by Professor Philip Oldenburg. The Update elaborates on the role of regional parties, ideological consensus, voting behavior and the likely outcome of this election.

Comment

Working...
        X