Ten reasons why BJP vote will reveal the nature of India's Hindus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ten reasons why BJP vote will reveal the nature of India's Hindus

As it looks increasingly likely that BJP will be voted back into power by the Hindu majority in Hindustan, I think this calls for some reflection by those Indians on this forum who keep trying to pull the wool over our eyes with tales of tolerance and multi-cultural hog-wash.

It has been proven on numerous occasions that BJP has ties with fascist Hindu parties like VHP and RSS, and indeed, most neutral observers consider the BJP as the political face of such parties. In light of this, what does that tell us about the nature of India's Hindu population which is voting in these Hindu supremacists?

Let us cast our minds back to what has happened in 'tolerant' India since the BJP came to power at the wish of the Hindu majority;

1) Babri mosque demolished under the supervision of BJP authorities. To be replaced by temple to Ram.

2)Hindu riots following goading of BJP big shot, Bal Thackeray, in which thousands of muslims are massacred by 'peace-loving' Hindus.

3) Attempted introduction of Hindu teachings to children of all faiths in India.

4) Raping of nuns by Hindu supremacists.

5) 4000 more mosques targeted for demolition.

6) Indian actor Dilip Kumar is victimised by Bal Thackeray and his supporters for being muslim and not renouncing the award presented years ago by Pakistan for his film career.

7) Pakistani musician Ghulam Ali is chased out of India and his concert abandoned when his safety comes under threat in tolerant India.

8) Pakistani team are threatened on their tour to India and BJP mouth-piece Bal Thackeray ony accepts Pakistani team on realisation that India's world standing is diving with the bad publicity. BJP duplicity is thus confirmed as principles take a back seat to pragmatism.

9) BJP Hindu supremacy is mirrored by the spectating public in their antagonistic behaviour in the 2nd and 3rd test matches of the said tour by Pakistan.

10) India's cricketers jump on the bandwagon following Kargil and reveal their BJP natures. Kapil Dev and Sachin Tendulkar are particularly vitriolic in their tirades against their muslim neighbours.

There is plenty more but I don't want to make this post over-long so I will wait for some feedback before I say anything else.

[This message has been edited by Mr Xtreme (edited September 13, 1999).]

Xtreme,

Forum is Politics/How to improve Pakistan ?

How does your above post relate to it ??

[This message has been edited by Reagan (edited September 13, 1999).]

Comment

Reagan,

Are you going senile? The forum is called 'Politics / How to improve Pakistan?'

Did you get that first word in the Forum heading? Let me highlight it for you; Politics

Would you agree that the elections in India are a political event? This forum is not only about improving Pakistan, hence the / symbol.

Nevertheless, it could be argued that to understand the concepts in my post would indeed improve the situation of Pakistanis/Americans/Indians like yourself.

Incidentally Reagan, that guy who shot you should be locked up...for missing.

Comment

It has been proven on numerous occasions that BJP has ties with fascist Hindu parties like VHP and RSS, and indeed, most neutral observers consider the BJP as the political face of such parties. In light of this, what does that tell us about the nature of India's Hindu population which is voting in these Hindu supremacists?

<so what is Jamaiti Islaam doing in Pakistan and Pak-supported Taliban doing in Afganistan, teaching brotherhood and tolerance, I guess ???>

Let us cast our minds back to what has happened in 'tolerant' India since the BJP came to power at the wish of the Hindu majority;

1) Babri mosque demolished under the supervision of BJP authorities. To be replaced by temple to Ram.

<which was followed by demolition of temples in Pakistan and Bangladesh. But there was no Organisation of "Hindu" Countries to make the right noises >

2)Hindu riots following goading of BJP big shot, Bal Thackeray, in which thousands of muslims are massacred by 'peace-loving' Hindus.

<Yes,Riots shouldn't have happened. Wonder if only Muslims suffered. Atleast Hindu fundamentalism cannot hold a candle to the sufferings caused by Islamic equivalent the world over.Be it Pakistan,Afganistan, Iran, Dagestan etc. etc..So much for "Jehad"
        >

3) Attempted introduction of Hindu teachings to children of all faiths in India.

<Attempted yes , but we are not opening Hindu "madrasas" and teaching terrorism yet >

4) Raping of nuns by Hindu supremacists.

<There have been cases of Christian bashing in your "tolerant" Pakistan also, Mr. Xtreme. Its only that incidents in Pakistan don't catch the fancy of most Indians-something to do with the insignificance of your country in our scheme of things- so don't recall specific incidents to relate here >

5) 4000 more mosques targeted for demolition.

<Did the ISI tell u that. We in India haven't heard of it, yet>

6) Indian actor Dilip Kumar is victimised by Bal Thackeray and his supporters for being muslim and not renouncing the award presented years ago by Pakistan for his film career.

<Don't masala-mix the story for your convenience. Dilip Kumar was hounded because many people in India thought he should have return the award given by a country which had committed agression on India and not because he was Muslim>

7) Pakistani musician Ghulam Ali is chased out of India and his concert abandoned when his safety comes under threat in tolerant India.

<This one takes the cake. You have the audacity to accuse us of chasing Ghulam Ali. You showed us the way by banning Indian Movies and Indian artistes in Pakistan. Till recently Pak artistes like Zeba Bakhtiyar, Mohsin Khan,Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and the Junoon group have been doing well for themselves in India. When was the last time Lata Mangeskar sang to a Pakistani crowd, Mr. Xtreme >

8) Pakistani team are threatened on their tour to India and BJP mouth-piece Bal Thackeray ony accepts Pakistani team on realisation that India's world standing is diving with the bad publicity. BJP duplicity is thus confirmed as principles take a back seat to pragmatism.

< Atleast we don't threaten players with knives or burn your Country's flags in the stadium. In 1986, the then Indian Skipper Srikanth was attacked by a Muslim Fundamentalist during a Test Match in Pak. in full public view. Burning of Indian Flags during matches is a routine feature in Pakistan even in the ones that India don't feature>

9) BJP Hindu supremacy is mirrored by the spectating public in their antagonistic behaviour in the 2nd and 3rd test matches of the said tour by Pakistan.

<Says who, I just recalled Javed Miandad holding a loudspeaker to placate the crowd. Was it Karachi, don't remember. Crowds are the same in the Sub-continent Mr. Xtreme. Similar thing happened during the Calcutta world cup seminfinal and mind u Pakistan did not feature in the match>

10) India's cricketers jump on the bandwagon following Kargil and reveal their BJP natures. Kapil Dev and Sachin Tendulkar are particularly vitriolic in their tirades against their muslim neighbours.

<Ha, ha , Ha , you surely left your best for the last , didn't u. If showing solidarity with the Indian army is showing "BJP natures" then you can count me in the BJP side.(Sachin and Kapil should have showered praises on Pakistan for sending intruders into India so that Xtreme didn't think bad about them).>

NOTE THIS
        Xtreme, India and Pakistan are basically the same. There are xtremes and moderates on both sides of the border. I am fed up with this one-upmanship game that u play in this forum.

Comment

Some1

your quote:

There are xtremes and moderates on both sides of the border.
          The difference is; your extremists are getting voted into power by the Hindu public. What does that tell you about the nature of the public?

Comment

Here's another quote which might be worth throwing in;

Rape of four nuns in Jhabua (Madhya Pradesh) is only indicative of 'Hindu outrage' and the anger of patriotic Hindu youth against anti-national forces... the missionaries should pack up and leave... the VHP will not shut (our) eyes to the activities of these traitors.
            (VHP Central Secretary and former BJP MP B. L. Sharma's statement on the rape of nuns)

Comment

Even the extremes are not talking of hindu law while ur moderates are asking for shariat and 'relatively left leaning ANP' supports honor killings.

some1, being apologetic does not make sense. afterall pakis are extemely uncomfortable with secular india and want to say that it is hindu. equating india and pak is precisely what they want.

Comment

ZZ, If it is true that India is secular than:
                - Pigs do fly
                - The cow jumped over the moon
                - India won a cricket test series abroad
                - etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Interestingly 60-70% of the post on forum 'Politics/How to improve Pakistan' are somehow related to issues internal to India.

I guess Pakistanis like 'extreme' have given up on Pakistan (banana republic), and would like to help India NOT to take the same path as Pakistan has...muhaha.

Try http://www.paknews.com/cgi-paknews/p...key=opp+strike

and find out what is happening to the opposition party members/strikes/etc in Pakistan.

[This message has been edited by Reagan (edited September 13, 1999).]

Comment

ehsan, lemme put it this way, if india is not secular then there was 'crippling' strike observed in kashmir on sep. 11th.

Comment

I have always believed in Mr. Xtreme's views that India is NOT a secular country.....here are a few more reasons to emphasize this....

(1) In the Shah Bano case, Supreme court judgement set aside by the then PM with total disregard to the constitution (by which we all swear) by bowing down to Muslim fundamentalists. This became a turning point in Indian politics giving rise to BJP.

(2) No Common Civil Code in the country like in other secular nations like the US, UK etc. BJP's demand for common civil code dubbed "fundamentalist".

(3) India becomes first country in the world to ban The Satanic Verses, bowing down to Muslim fundamentalists. In contrast when painter M.F. Hussain insults Hindu Goddesses, Shiv Sena activists are put behind bars for protesting against it. Anti-Hindu bias evident again !!!

(4) Before the demolition of the Babri Mosque, when Hindus led a peaceful agitation, Mulayam Singh ordered indiscriminate firing on them killing them in cold blood --- no inquiry ordered !!!

(5) Election commission orderes Hindu temples not to fly saffron flags on top of temples (during elections), but does not give a similar directive to Mosques !!

(6) Commission to probe Bombay riots, holds Shiv Sena partially responsible for the riots when the riots were started by Muslim mobs (acknowledged in the report).....on the other hand it does not say a word for all the Hindus killed during the Bomb blasts that had preceded it (masterminded by fundamentalist Muslims).

These are just a few prominent cases of discrimination against the majority community....there are still lots more (dating right from partition).....for example...thousands of Hindus' killed and their property destroyed in Poona after Gandhi's assasination.....no one punished or even held guilty as yet !!!!

I totally agree with Mr. Xtreme --- India is definitely NOT a secular country.

Comment

Reagan,

Or should I say aDbulmaliCk/Gr_Brush,

Things don't change much do they? No matter what the topic, you are here to provide us with muslim-bashing web-sites. I wonder what your real name is? Possibly Lalloo Prakash? Or Krishnasivaramalaxshman? Who knows? It's just speculation at the end of the day isn't it?

Bombaykid,

I was seriously interested in your reply..until I read it. More later....

[This message has been edited by Mr Xtreme (edited September 13, 1999).]

Comment

Reagan it is not us who are running to indian web sites to write about india it is you who come here to learn some awful truths about your own country.

ZZ, If India is secular, then the Kashmiris love India and would vote in a refrendum by an overwhelming vote to join India. As God said himself " Secular India, not in my lifetime".

Comment

Whoa! Some interesting names you picked for me.he..he..he.

My real name is Joshua Rabin

Comment

Reagan,

Who cares what your real name is.You need help.Enough said.

BombayKid,you`re mixing things up here.When Indira Gandhi died,none of you went after the sikhs.If a Muslim body guard of hers had sent her to hell,then your govt would have cracked down as hard as possible on muslims.Same goes for Israel,if Rabin had been killed by a muslim and not killed by another jew, then the jews would have gone after the muslim palestinians as well.Get it?So lets not go into how hindu govts punish hindus cos that just isent true.

Comment

Working...
                              X