Abortion in Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abortion in Pakistan

Getting Abortion is legal in Pakistan. It is done on demand (free at the government run hospitals). However, an Obstetrician makes the final determination whether it will endanger the life of the pregnant woman seeking an abortion.

I am all for the legality of Abortion, but what I donít like is that the Ďfinalí determination is made by the Obstetrician. I believe it should SOLELY be the decision of the woman (unless the woman is a minor, in which case it should be a decision made by a guardian). It is a womanís body, her re-productive rights, her conscious, and her well being. Therefore, it should only be her decision. If she (only IF) wishes to consult with someone, that should also be her decision.

It started with alcohol, went on to pork and then to prostitution and now abortion. I think you find some kind of enjoyment in discussing matters of controversial nature.

My friend used to tell me about one prostitute, who at later stage of her life, when everything had evaporated, used to sit in her doorstep with a bucket of water thrown in the street. As every passerby would slip on the mud, he would curse....'teri **** day wich *** maraan!'. This would bring a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment to her as this was the only way she could get it at her decline.

Vishtoush!!

Comment

Agreed ....

Comment

I am not too sure about this one, NY. I am all for women's choice, freedom, etc.. but what about the right to live of an unborn child? Cutting off a life, just because its not wanted, or maybe ill-timed, or parents were callous. There is not just woman's life involved here.

There are too many people (husbands/in-laws) in our sub-continent who force a woman to go for abortion if its a girl-child. Women at large are not really free to make it an independent choice. Legalizing may just give them an excuse to openly carry on with this girl-genocide.

So far I think abortion should be carried out only if pregnancy endagers woman's life.

Comment

I can tell you that you are lucky one who was not aborted when your mother decided to have you. In that way you get the upportonity what those innocent fosters didnt have.

So please behave yourself.

------------------
          the knowlegde is like quantum ball.
          It can be at two place at same time.
          It can be silly and clever at same time.

shamas

Comment

This topic is very deep

Comment

Nadia Ji!

YOu should atleast come some arguments better than what you posted. you are girl and suppose to put more feeling in words you uase in this topics.

------------------
              the knowlegde is like quantum ball.
              It can be at two place at same time.
              It can be silly and clever at same time.

shamas

Comment

Abortion is better then having a human go through life unwanted...
                Physicians are not obligated to help death..if there is no other choice ,they ease the pain...And of course there are other choices in above scenario..
                who is the physician talking to anyway, the person who now presents with a wish to abort even if it endangers life, or the person whos ambivalence towards that decision has caused the delay...

Comment

Shamas i already said the topic is very deap ......

abortion does not mean only aborting a fetus ....but it also includes a womans physical and emotional being ......

the reasons for aborting can vary from zameen to asmaan

i dont wanna discuss the topic ......cause i dont know which aspect to take into consideration

Comment

Salaamz;
                    NYAhmadi...can you please tell me why you sent those stupid topics or you just want to enjoy. As you saw that you have not good impact on the peoples on this forum. Try to overcome or improve your mind. There r 10000000's of useful topics. Thats why someone became angry and posted topics which I think also hurt U. Its not his fault..many people angry on such postings from U.
                    So I can only advice you to please don't sent those topics.
                    I come here often as I m not a regular sender...but everytime I saw those topics and I just felt sorry for you.

Shamas jee...
                    May Allah give us Hidaaya (Aameen)

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited October 04, 1999).]
                    It is my belief that our salvation lies in following the golden rules of conduct set for us by our great law-giver, the Prophet of Islam. (Quaid-e-Azam Speech at Shahi Darbar, Sibi, February 14, 1948)

Comment

Nadia and Naadan plus Bachee

heheheheh

really ?

hahahahahaaaa

Comment

I feel that topics related to Abortion should not be discussed in this forum as it hurts the feeling of a women who has gone through it knowingly or due to some physical defects and it is also against the will of god.

For god sake lock this site and talk of something else which is consistent. Do not hurt the feeling of any women.

Comment

sajjadm: "it is also against the will of god."

Abortion is permitted in Islam, under certain conditions. Read Jawaan's post in the religion forum from a few weeks ago. In general abortion is permitted if the pregnancy threatens the life of the mother and can be implemented up till 4 months of the pregnancy (although scholars are in some disagreement on the time period).

NY Ahmadi wrote: "However, an Obstetrician makes the final determination whether it will endanger the life of the pregnant woman seeking an abortion."

Sorry I don't fully follow what your saying. Do you mean to say a woman is only permitted to abort if the pregnancy endangers her life in Pakistan (as per Islamic law)? I can see why the obstetrician is permitted to make that decision, since she/he is qualified to make such an assessment.

Are you arguing for freer choice? The choice to abort whether the fetus is a threat to the pregnant mother or not?

Achtung

Comment

Working...
                          X