Role of Islamic schools in Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Role of Islamic schools in Pakistan

Islamic schools (madrassas) in Pakistan have been playing an increasingly important role in the ongoing military clashes between India and Pakistan, over the disputed region of Kashmir. The Islamic militants aka Mujahideens or 'holy warriors' enjoy widespread support in Islamic republic of Pakistan, particularly in the madrassas or Islamic schools. 11th century teachings Hundreds of children sat cross-legged on the ground at one such madrassa, rhythmically chanting the Koran which they were learning by heart. As dusk drew in,the minarets of a mosque glistened softly in the fading light. Many of the boys would live in the madrassa from the age of six until sixteen. University lecturer, Pervez Hoodboy, believed the madrassa would give them a very narrow education. "They are providing an education which is basically unchanged from the eleventh century," Mr Hoodboy said. "There is no science, very little arithmetic - instead, all the emphasis is on Koranic studies. "It produces a student with a particular mindset. One who does not question, and who can by easily motivated into fighting to death," he said. ....

What you wrote is probably true of certian schools in certain regions of Pakistan. But once again I'm lost as to exactly what the purpose of your post is? Are you trying to ask what the role of Islamic schools in Pakistan should be?

Your posts are always so onesided, don't you ever have anything postitive to say? Why don't you ever cut and paste some 'happy' stories about Pakistan.

Personally I could give a rats ass about India. I don't want to come to this forum and see it filled with posts which are obviously biased in a particular direction, weather that direction be anti-Pakistan or anti-India. I don't want to read 'cut and paste' articles about the intolerance of some of the people in our respective countries. At least have some direction in your post.

We all know there are madrassas which teach a very limited curriculum to children. What do you advocate we do about it? Force a secular based education system?

Achtung

Comment

'force a secular education system' is not a right point to put, for the simple reason that kids dont decide. they are sent by parents who decide.

secular education is fair. if kids get interested, they will slowly discover the religion and its teachings in mosques and from parents. not much sense in putting it down their throat.

Comment

Working...
      X