Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will independent East Timor lead to Sindhudesh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will independent East Timor lead to Sindhudesh.

Nearly 90% of East Timor's population has voted and it is predicted that East Timorese have voted for an independent country. Sindhi nationalists are closely watching East Timor elections and are planning to renew their struggle for an independent Sindhudesh. Sindhis feel that they have been exploited by the Punjabi army and Islambad rule. There are rumors that former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto is planning to lead the struggle for independent Sindhudesh.

Will creation of East Timor lead to creation of Sindhudesh.

it will lead to further splitting of Indonesia for sure.

Comment

You wish....

Comment

Sarwar,

Before answering your question, may I ask you whether Sindhi nation is ready for running the independent country??? Sindh is clearly divided between Urban and rural population. Urban population is mix of 1 million species. how the independent nation will solve this problem???

Look at Bengladesh, I still remember when Bengalis in 1971, were claiming that after 20 years of their independence from Pakistan, they would cross Japanís economic and industrial achievemnts. Have they ???? Even after passing more than 28 years, Bangladesh is still a back ward country. Instead of any progress, they have gone backward????

I suggest Benazir and Co, should stop exploiting sindhi people. Neither her father nor she have done anything for Sindhis when they were in power, except exploitation of poor masses including Sindhis for their illegal economic gains.

Sincerely,

FARID M

[This message has been edited by Farid (edited August 31, 1999).]

Comment

Indonesia is already facing resistance from different regions. An independent East Timor will give boost to these independent movements.

Sindhi nationalists are already planning a Hartal on September 4. Sindhudesh activists want more autonomy for Sindh else separation from Pakistan. I am not sure how successfull they would be, because previously Islamabad has been successfull in crushing such seccesionist movements. Tomorrow it is Sindhudesh then Jinnahpur, Pukhtoonkhwa. I think in the next 50 years only Punjab would exist as Pakistan, rest all will be separate nations.

Comment

One thing is sure Sindh and Sindhis have always received step motherly treatment from Islamabad. Sindhi culture and language is on the verge of extinction in all urban areas of Sindh because of the Mohajir influx since 1947. There has been practically no development in Sindh at the expense of Punjab. Even Microsoft announced today that they would set up office in Punjab.

Enough of this Punjabi domination. Hats of to Sindhi nationalist and the Jeay Sindh movement.

Comment

Sindudesh, Hindudesh, what's the difference? None. only a tiny minority of Indian backed hinduphiles will agitate for Hindudesh. This is nothing new. Even during the Prophet's (SAW) time there were back-stabbers in the camp. They were referred to as Munafiqs. There are some munafiqs posting topics in Gupshup for example. It's part of life.

Comment

Farid, nice to see u back.

I believe, after Awami league was denied power after winning elections, Bengalis were slowly driven to the wall. Atrocities of army finished any chances of reconcilation. There are two reasons for Bengali backwardness. One was that Jute was the main export and soon after BD formation a synthetic equivalent of jute was found. Secondly, there was no economic cooperation with India. Otherwise, they could at least take up market in India's north east. Bangladeshis complain that cooperation did not happen due to big brotherly attitude of India. Indians complain that communal elements in BD strongly oppose any economic cooperation between two countries. For whatever reason, stalemate remains. Countries grow on export and BD definitely can not export something to US or Germany. But Bangladeshis can say that they did not lose anything either by being independent.

You are right that Sindh is split in urban and rural. Also it is not certain how much is the disenchantment in Sindh and if they really want freedom.

The only way this can happen is if Nawaz tries to behave like Indira Gandhi did. His reaction of arresting people everywhere before strike is panic reaction. If he continues to limit democratic ways of protest, other ways will emerge and of course, India (and these days even Iran and Russia) will be happy to meddle in Pakistan's troubled waters.

Comment

Sindhi nationalists lost a big opportunity to create Sindhudesh when Bangladesh was created. The time was ripe and they should have grabbed the opportunity. Sindhis are too docile and weak as compared to aggressive and cunning Punjabis.

Comment

nobody knows. no race is weak and docile if really pushed. tamils in india are supposed to be docile people. if a tamil quarrells or shouts, that is kinda miracle. but same tamils in lanka have not given up after around 20 years of civil war. so u never know. prabhakaran's father was supposedly such a simple guy that he will not accept tea from subordinates assuming it is an abuse of power. look at prabhakaran. he can do anything.

i believe that if nawaz maintains current ways and prices and unemployment continue to rise, non-punjabi provinces will revolt.

Comment

I think if splintering of counries continues like this, there will 25.000 countries by the end of the 21st century with 100 UNOs. And 2.000 wars going on at any given time. LOL

Fata Morgana

Comment

Indonesia has 30000 islands and around 300 ethnicities. West which never helped east timor to get independence from portugese joined the brobeating of indonesian govt. after that. There is a part which is very militant islamic waiting to split after this.

Comment

instead of worrying about a self imaginated sindhudesh, look at your home front where you have genuine grievances in Kashmir, Asam and Punjab. Results from E.Timor will surely give impetus to their cause. Don't worry about Benazir, she can even sell her mother to get a moment of media limelight but even the sindhis have deserted her....what a wishful thinking!

[This message has been edited by KK (edited September 01, 1999).]

Comment

Pakistan will become a battleline of ethnicities in less than 5 years. Nothing imaginary about it.

Comment

We should think of a independent Kashmir before we talk of an independent Sindhudesh. I don't think that any ethnic group within Pakistan can wage a successful battle for independence. Those calling for independence are in a minority, weather they be in Sindh, Baluchistan, or Pukhtunkwa. They do not have the support of the people, nor do any of the movements have leadership strong enough to mobilize support.

>i believe that if nawaz maintains current ways and prices and unemployment continue to rise, non-punjabi >provinces will revolt.

When was the last revolution in Pakistan? Its really not in our nature to revolt. The only way any part of Pakistan can wage a successful revolution is if it takes root in the military (i.e. a coup) or has strong support from rural elements (Cuba style) or Islamic militants (Taliban style).

Achtung

Comment

Working...
                              X