• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting FACTS about INDIA......

Some facts about Indians living in the U.S.A
    There are
    3.22 Million Indians in America
    38% of Doctors in America are Indians.
    12% of Scientists in America are Indians.
    36% of NASA employees are Indians.
    34% of MICROSOFT employees are Indians
    28% of IBM employees are Indians
    17% of INTEL employees are Indians
    13% of XEROX employees are Indians

Some of these facts may be known to you. These facts were recently published
    in a German Magazine which deals with WORLD HISTORY.FACTS ABOUT INDIA
    a.. India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history.

b.. India invented the Number System. Also Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.

c.. The World's first university was established in Takshila in 700BC. More
    than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The
    University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest
    achievements of ancient India in the field of education.

d.. Sanskrit is the mother of all the European languages. Sanskrit is the most
    suitable language for computer software - a report in Forbes magazine, July

e.. Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans. Charaka, the
    father of medicine consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago. Today Ayurveda is fast
    regaining its rightful place in our
    civilization.

f.. Although modern images of India often show poverty and lack of development,
    India was the richest country on earth until the time of British invasion in
    the early 17th Century.

g.. The art of Navigation was born in the river Sindh 6000 years ago. The very
    word Navigation is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH. The word navy is
    also derived from Sanskrit 'Nou'.

h.. Bhaskaracharya calculated the time taken
    by the earth to orbit the sun hundreds of years before the astronomer Smart.
    Time taken by earth to orbit the sun: (5th century)365.258756484 days.

i.. The value of "pi" was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained the
    concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered this in the
    6th century long before the European mathematicians.

j.. Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India. Quadratic equations
    were by Sridharacharya in the 11th century. The largest numbers the Greeks and
    the Romans used were 106 whereas Hindus used numbers as big as 10**53(10 to the
    power of (53) with specific names as early as 5000 BCE during the Vedic
    period. Even today, the largest usednumber is Tera 10**12(10 to the power of12).

k.. According to the Gemological Institute of America, up until 1896,India was
    the only source for diamonds to the world.

l.. USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century old suspicion in the world
    scientific community that the pioneer of wireless communication was Prof.
    Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.

m.. The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.

n.. According to Saka King Rudradaman I of 150 CE a beautiful lake called
    'Sudarshana' was constructed on the hills of Raivataka during Chandragupta
    Maurya's time.

o.. Chess (Shataranja or AshtaPada) was invented in India.

p.. Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists
    of his time conducted complicated surgeries like cesareans,cataract, artificial
    limbs, fractures, urinary stones and even plastic surgery and brain surgery.
    Usage of anesthesia was well known in ancient India. Over 125 surgical equipment
    were used. Deep knowledge of anatomy, physiology, etiology, embryology,
    digestion, metabolism, genetics and immunity is also found in many texts.

q.. When many cultures were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago,
    Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley(Indus Valley Civilization)

r.. The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.

QUOTES ABOUT INDIA

a.. Albert Einstein said: We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to
    count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.

b.. Mark Twain said: India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of
    human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great
    grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most constructive materials in
    the history of man are treasured up in India only.

c.. French scholar Romain Rolland said: If there is one place on the face of
    earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very
    earliest days when man began the dream of existence,it is India.

d.. Hu Shih, former Ambassador of China to USA said: India conquered and
    dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single
    soldier across her border.

All the above is just the TIP of the iceberg, the list could be endless. BUT,
    if we don't see even a glimpse of that great India in the India that we see
    today, it clearly means that we are not working up to our potential and that if
    we do, we could once again be an evershining and inspiring country setting a
    bright path for rest of the world to follow.

Hey, Aman! I am an Indian and your posts are getting even on my nerve and I am sure Paksiatnis must be pretty irritated.

I can write equally interesting facts about India of how many kids are uneducated, how many are malnourished, how murderers are MPs of parties, how corruption is rampant, how low we are in infrastructure, how prices are breaking common man's back and so on.

There is a big need for sea change.

All these guys who have gone abroad and NASA scientists are whatever do not even send money home from official channels if havala offers a little high rate and one of those doctors killed his wife for dowry last year in US. So do not tell to much on that.

Get a life!

Comment

Where did you get these facts. Maybe some of them may be true, but algebra was first used by the arabs.

Regardless of India's past glory, the fact remains that India is in a poor state today. The mongolians also ruled the world at some point, so did the muslims, and so did the spanish, but what happened in the past is irrelevant. It's now that matters. The entire subcontinent is in shambles. I don't understand your point.

Comment

Aman, Nice joke

Comment

Im impressed Aaaman...

But you know i still aint gonna be goin to India any time soon. As a Pakistani i got nothing against Indians.

Im amongst the few pakistanis that think that Kashmir belongs with India. The reason why is cause if India gave kashmir away then the poor country will break u... Pakistanis dont get that.

Comment

It is true that one should not live too much in past glory, but Paks and other islamic countries could pay attention to this statistics:

Some facts about Indians living in the U.S.A
            There are
            3.22 Million Indians in America
            38% of Doctors in America are Indians.
            12% of Scientists in America are Indians.
            36% of NASA employees are Indians.
            34% of MICROSOFT employees are Indians
            28% of IBM employees are Indians
            17% of INTEL employees are Indians
            13% of XEROX employees are Indians

and figure out how they could match those figures.

Comment

That was India in BC, now look at yourself in the mirror in AD. Can you count from 1 - 10 or do you know the table of 2.

Now in AD
              1. India is the poorest country in the world who had 3rd biggest army in the world (But they don't have enough shoes for their soldiers so they can walk on the Snow.)

2. India has largest population who goes to bed without any food.

3. India has largest population of those peoples who has no cloths to wear.

4. India has largest number of beggers.

5. May be has highest number of prostitutes.

6. India was the first poor country who made Atomic bomb.
              YADA YADA YADA

Comment

>>1. India is the poorest country in the world who had 3rd biggest army in the world (But they don't have enough shoes for their soldiers so they can walk on the Snow.)

Get your facts straight , INDIA IS NOT THE POOREST COUNTRY , although it does have a lot of poverty to clean up , but pakistanis are on the same poverty list....YES INDIA DOES HAVE THE 4th LARGEST MILLITARY IN THE WORLD W/ THE MOST MODERN WEAPONS IN THE 3th WORLD...

2. India has largest population who goes to bed without any food.

I guess you never been to india , right ?

3. India has largest population of those peoples who has no cloths to wear.

BUY THE WORLD FACT BOOK ( Dont worry it only costs $10 , unless you want to buy one from china )

4. India has largest number of beggers.

5. May be has highest number of prostitutes.

How many times i have heard that from pakistani ?? (AND ONLY FROM A Pakistani )

6. India was the first poor country who made Atomic bomb
                WoW!
                it was the 6th to make the H-BOMB...
                it was also the 4th in world to make the neutron bomb

but we dont kiss chines as* to get our
                bombs or kiss korean D**k to get our missiles ( Gauri is actually copied korean DING-DONG Missile )

what has pakistanis given to world expect terrorism ?? they have connections w/ the TALIBAN,ULFA,KCF(Khalistan commando force),TLEF,ISI,TERRORISTS IN ISRIAL,INDIA,RUSSIA..and only god knows whatelse..

[This message has been edited by Aman B (edited August 30, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited August 31, 1999).]

Comment

All we are fighting about is to the right to live in a samller **** compared to thy neighbour.

Comment

What's the point of this whole discussion Aman?? What you want to prove??? What difference does it make to us Pakistanis or Pakistan if whatever you have posted is even 100% correct??

May be you need to grow up a little more

Comment

The ancestors of the Pakis too were involved in most of the scientific inventions in India for India was one country with mostly one religion when all these inventions were made.
                      Unless Pakis want to disown their heritage Indians ( modern day India) have no right to claim all the inventions of their own.

Comment

Most of the population is HIV positive. AIDS is the highest in INDIA...Diease is coming from INDIA and spreading to other parts of the world which is NOT good for humans...

Jaawan

Comment

Amazing but useless...

Fata Morgana

Comment

You said

YES INDIA DOES HAVE THE 4th LARGEST MILLITARY IN THE WORLD W/ THE MOST MODERN WEAPONS IN THE 3th WORLD...

How about the snow shoes, I guess they were not included in you modernization list. Who is making decisions to buy equipments for your ARMY, somebody with his WATCH NEEDLES stuck on 1200. Get a life, but more shoes for your soldiers so they can walk on snowy mountains. I don't know if your CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF knows that they get heavy snow in KASHMIRE, next time when you send you TAILLESS JAWANS to fight make sure they are wearing shoes.
                            CHOW

Comment

Dear Aman B,

It's nice that you have put so much effort to dig up all these interesting positive aspects of your country, Akhand Bharat. Spin doctoring at it's very best.

Let me know if I am right but I suspect I am!

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited September 01, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                              X