Indians and Pakistanis - Beggars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indians and Pakistanis - Beggars

I think nothing is more amazing to see Indians and Pakistanis fight with each other. Both countries have nothing to show to the world, now they are proving to each other who has the bigger missile. At all levels both nations make it to the bottom of the list – commercial, educational, marginal productivity of labor in both agricultural and industrial sectors. Both nations survive on hand outs by the good old USA. Both will starve to death were it not for the USA to assist these nations with food and technology. Both nations should abandon their religions and worship the USA.

What makes you think they don't already worship the USA? Could explain their state of affairs at the moment? - I don't know.

Jerry Springer should be the God of America and the gospel according to him should be spread everywhere. - Jerry, Jerry.
    Everyone should receive free hamburgers with fries at least 3 times a day and be at least three times overweight. Worship is via satellite tv. NYA you could the first prophet?

Comment

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited September 02, 1999).]

Comment

Anyway, USA are nobody's fools and they are not in the habit of doling out charity without expecting something in return. Your a finance guy, perhaps you can explain if the IMF or World Bank work on an interest - free basis?

I earn my own dough, pay my taxes, and all the rest of it. I don't owe nobody so I won't kiss a$$ on no account. I paid my dues so whoever doesn't like it can shove it.

God Bless America...

Comment

Dear Camille, and Dear Mr. Xtreme,

This topic was only meant to distract attention from Aman B's b/s yesterday. I think the discussions in his postings were so low that I was almost tempted to convert to Islam. I totally agree with both of you, USA does attach strings to every economic and humanitarian aid that it gives to the rest of the world, but that’s the price one has to pay until you are strong enough to stand on your own two feet. I am waiting to see how Aman B views US Aid to India.

I agree Mr. Xtreme, God Bless America!

Comment

well filling the void of .

Comment

>"Both will starve to death were it not for the USA to assist these nations with food and technology."

The American government doesn't provide assistance it bribes the countries of the South, along with its counterparts (the IMF and the World Bank). All 'assistance' provided is done so in the benefit of America. As Kennedy said "foreign aid is a method by which the US maintains a position of influence and control around the world ." Richard Nixon got straight to the point when he said, "let us remember that the main purpose of American aid is not to help other nations but to help ourselves." Or how about Dan Ellerman (US Security Council), "to give food aid to countries just because people are starving is a pretty weak reason." That is why it is morally acceptable to allow 5 million Iraqi children to starve and 2 million North Koreans. US only helps where its own interest outweighs the interests of the underprivileged.

>"Both nations should abandon their religions and worship the USA."

There better off burning the American flag.

Achtung

Comment

Yup.. US serves its own purpose and I have been strong opponent of US policies. But it is possible to beat them within the rules. japanese and germans lost the war, accepted US rules, rose from ashes of WWII and now germans can negate what US says and Japanese continued to dominate US market till recently. Taiwan and South Korea did it. Indonesia and Malaysia did that. It is possible to cooperate rather than confront and come to a sutuation where you have ways to manipulate. With all anti-US sentiments, Chinse would have remained in th e basket case they were in 1971 if they did not cooperate with US. True sino-US cooperation served some of pupose of US. but still that was a smart move. bombing US embassies and giving shelter to bombers and burnin US flags will only ruin the nation. Take care of your interest and manage US interests. It is possible. any other course is suicidal for India or Pak.

Comment

Well said ZZ

Comment

to add to what zz mentioned, I must state as follows:

"I suggest, Sir, that you study carefully what American foreign policy is," said Mrs Madeleine Albright to an awkward questioner at the disastrous "town meeting" in the US at the time of the Iraq crisis in February. Unfazed by the hostile reception, Mrs Albright returned to the charge next day. "If we have to use force, it is because we are America. We are the indispensable nation. We stand tall; we see further into the future." Not since Henry Kissinger fantasized aloud about being "the cowboy who leads the wagon train" has there been such a nutty statement - or one better calculated to bring the United States into ridicule or even contempt.

It was Henry Kissinger who said, well before he entered government (in 1961; coincidentally on a visit to the Khyber Pass) that Pakistan "would never do anything so foolish" as to ally itself with China. This was at a press conference and, as he was a semi-official personage at the time, the Pakistani ambassador in Washington was instructed to protest officially about such a meddlesome and unhelpful comment.

But Kissinger is a chameleon.And we are the one who dance to his tunes. Shame on us. Yes I know this is their foreign policy, but believe me their foreign aid policy is no better than this. It is a matter of how much one knows. Let me put it this way.

Cuba has been subject to the severest possible sanctions by the US for the last forty years. A lot of Cubans who cannot share the sufferings of their countrymen flee to Miami and Florida where they live a comfortable life, serving as informers and agents of the CIA. Cuba had to establish a rigidly austere regime but it refused to barter its freedom or ideology. America refuses to relax its unlawful pressure on Cuba, which even its European allies now find unacceptable, but Cuba will not yield an inch. Cuba's hospitals and schools are among the best in the world. The Cubans produce the goods they need. Everyone leads a simple life and I did not see a single beggar or destitute on the streets of Havana. All the grand palaces and guest houses that the Cuban dictator, Batista, built before the revolution have been turned into factories and other institutions of public service. If Fidel Castro were to visit the offices and houses of our President and Prime Minister he would not find it possible to believe that Pakistan was preparing to go through the rigours of economic measures.

In his speech the Prime Minister quoted from Surah Alahzab which deals with the battle of Trench (Khandaq). The Prophet (PBUH) shared the sufferings of his companions. If they had no food while digging the trench, surrounded by tribal forces, the Prophet also had two stones tied on his stomach. It was in that situation that the deeply moving verse 21 was revealed: "We have in the apostle of Allah a model of ideal conduct for anyone who believes in Allah and the final day and who always remembers Him."

This is the model, and the only model, that Pakistan's rulers and followers must learn to follow.

We must make the goods we need with our own hands and skill. A nation which is capable of making nuclear weapons should surely be able to make its own trucks, buses, and rail-tracks. An imaginative import policy must be devised to encourage local assembly and manufacture. If the Japanese impose sanctions then we must say goodbye to them and proceed to make our own cars.

The time has become for the Prime Minister to impose the tax on agricultural income. The Jagirdars, Nawabs, Khans and Waderas,Nawabzadas, Zardaris, Chudhries, Pagaras and what not, who have enjoyed tax immunity for the last fifty years, should now be brought into the tax net.

Later.

Comment

Working...
                    X