Phase 2 of TOPAC Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phase 2 of TOPAC Mission

I guess most of you have read about operation Topac, the paki strategy to take JK from India (It does not matter that the plan was originally pakistani or was constructed by us from inputs from our intelligence -- Op Topac has lots of crediblity.)

Now in later phases of Op Topac it was mentioned that militants would shift away from from avoiding coflict with the Indians troops to directly attacking them. They would also cause lots of trouble in India (RDX et al) and make holding JK by India an uneconomical preposition. By directly attacking the forces they would do what mujaheedins did in later phases of Afganistan, break there morale and force a retreat.

Few questions befor you guys read the article,

1. Was kargil really a master plan of pak (They infiltrated almost 2000 of militants, got them charged and motivated and gave all the stakeholders in the scene a justification to up the ante). We won the Kargil battle, but are we loosing the battle. Indians had drew the line a stinger or SAM in JK will be an act of war and pakis never crossed the line (ignore isolated event). I guess that we have also defined a tolerance level, when under what condition we might cross LoC, now in aftermath of Kargil Victory (like a false sense of satisfaction, a fatigue, intense world focus etc etc) we are not retaliating the militants attack on the army camp the way it should be, Are pakis gaining ground ???

3. I dont want to be boastful, but 5 days before IA started its operation in Kargil,(IAF planes were shot down) and many days before IA knew that they were in war I had posted that some thing sinster was going on. (Enough hints were in Paki paper, this time claim wasn't that it was mujahidin but ,pak regulals (yes, few papers, not the official media claimed that it ware, pak regulars), moreover sham el fuddu, suddenly started claiming that pakis soldiers were killing Indian soldiers (earlier it was mujahidins) and how they were winning. There were enough hints around. I initially considered sham -el fuddu just a rich - oxford returned- whose mamu was in army - fanatic jackass but now I have upgraded him to well connected-fanatical enough to be in the establishment jack ass.

4. What can be possible strategy to counter the last phase of Op Topac

rgds,
    fanne

ISI’s new policy code named Topac2
    Madhukar Kumar (New Delhi, August 26)

With the recent seizure of about 50 kg RDX in the Capital, the Inter-Services Intelligence and its activities have again come under sharp focus. Some intelligence agencies have prepared an exhaustive document on the ISI’s India-specific activities and policies.

The policy followed by the ISI in India in 1990 was code named ‘Topac’, in which three fault lines, K1, K2 and K3 were identified. The fault lines were Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab and North East respectively.

The original Topac policy was framed during the time of President Zia-ul-Haq along with consultations with some senior Pakistan military officers. “The backbone of the original Topac policy was to create disturbances within the India at a low cost,” sources said.

It was also decided that under Topac, Pakistan would not go for an outright aggression against India unless the first provocation was from India’s side.

“However, more recently, a new policy has been formed and code named Topac2, which is currently being followed by the ISI. They have set up several bases or modules in the country and have sought the help of some existing militant organisations to create unrest. Under the new policy, more money and sophisticated arms and ammunition have been pumped into the country and the routes of infiltration changed. The sophisticated arms and ammunition include self-timer devices which can be used to time and plant bombs 180 days in advance,” the sources said.

Topac2 also envisages to “internationalise” the Kashmir issue in order to embarrass India in the global arena.

Explaining about the activities of the ISI in the North-East, the sources said that the ISI has also set up a huge base in the jungles of Chittagong of Bangladesh and Myanmar with direct wireless links with Pakistan.

“The first link of the ISI and North-East militants was made in the early 1990s when ULFA leaders Arvindo Rajkhowa and Paresh Barua were sent to Pakistan and the ‘United Liberation Front of Seven Sisters’ was formed with the help of the ISI,” the sources said.

In 1991, a team of 20 ULFA militants were sent to a mujahideen camp near the Afghanistan border where Gulbudeen Hekmatyar, an Afghan rebel, trained and sent them back to India.

“Later, two organisations, Jamait-e-Islami and Islamic Chatra Shivir of Bangladesh, were also contacted for setting up bases in the North-East. More recently, the ISI planned to hit at the major oil sectors in North-East. For this, huge amount of arms and explosives were smuggled in through the Bangladesh border. In the last three years, four big consignments of arms were seized, all which had been smuggled in through the Thailand-Bangladesh-Manipur route,” the sources said.

The new route of infiltration and smuggling of arms is now through Myanmar and Bangladesh, the sources said.

I am surprised to see that Pakistanis who know about Operation Tupac are proud of it! Same about the involvement of the Pak. Army in Kargil under the guise of mujahideen.

Couldn't make out much from your post, what are those questions from a seemingly indian viewpoint doing in the middle?
    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

where is question #2??

Looks like copy and past from some news media. But naql requires aqal!!!

Comment

Aman I said no abusive/offensive posts!

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited August 30, 1999).]

Comment

I feel pity for Aman.

Moderator should give him a warning and then ban him from this forum because of his language abuse(forum rules).

Fata Morgana

Comment

Working...
          X