the ultimate embarrassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ultimate embarrassment

an army from a billion people, an airforce with imported jets and all the modern equip. could not get a bunch of mujahideen or infiltrators or afghans or islamic militants or pak army regulars out. These are the real mards from Pakistan. And we salute them.

Even though india will still get to keep kargil but thatís just like eating a lions leftover. and its not something new. but they ought to ask for some more shakti from lord krishna the monkey before they go up there cos there will be some landmines up there.

I'm surprised that a senior member would post something so juvenile. These so called "mards" of pakistan have raped and pillaged. I'm not saying that the Indians haven't, but so have the Pakistanis. This whole situation is nothing to be proud of regardless of how it was handled by the two parties. It should be a source of shame. A once beautiful land now lies in ruins because two nations were to greedy to think about the consequences of the land that they were after.

Comment

You dont fight wars just by calculating each others men, machines, material, money etc. Otherwise we dont have to fight wars.

Fata Morgana

Comment

Hi,
        Well in a war all parties involved are at fault no matter how you look at it. So just hope that the clash is over really soon, because the people fighting and dying are humans, no matter what their race and religion is. Thats elementary stuff MUNDYAA, grow up and learn something, or have you wasted all your years in school (assuming you went to school). Principles of Islam are not to make fun of anyones religion or race. And by passing comments as childish as you have you are making every Muslim and Pakistani look like yourself (which is pretty bad).

I guess common sense is not all that common is it.

Thanks.
        Don't take it personally, its just my opinion.

Comment

The quote by Aahmed;

These so called "mards" of pakistan have raped and pillaged.
          That's a pretty nasty thing to write about the mujahideen unless you can bring proof that it is true. Slander is i big sin in islam so you should explain this statement.

Comment

I dont know which world do u guys live in. What happened in Kargil was a reality. What is good for humanity and whats not, I didnt discuss that. And neither did I expect you all to share ur inner most ideas of a conflict free world. I did have an opinion about the outcome of Kargil situation and thats what u see on the top. So before telling others what to do, and bragging ur sacred out of the world views, u might wanna get a reality check one of these days.

Comment

Munda,

Sadly for ya pakistanis Allah was on India's side. USA maybe willing to give you a consolation prize ($100M) to the leader of the infidel army. Then again maybe NOT!

LOL

[This message has been edited by Gr_Bush (edited July 14, 1999).]

Comment

Bush Allah wasn't on Indias side.....Nawaz Sharif was.
                And anyway, Muslims can't expect Allah to send down angels on Earth to fight for the Mujahideens. Human beings too have to do something for themselves.

Comment

About govt. propoganda in Pak "The new" says today

"The fourth lesson which Pakistan needs to learn from the Kargil episode is to avoid deception. In the past also, several governments had conspicuously misguided people on the actual situation. In the 1965 war, the then government had made several claims of capturing a vast chunk of Indian territory and large areas of Jammu and Kashmir. In reality, in the first week of war it was becoming impossible for Pakistan to sustain the effort and had asked the superpowers of that time to intervene for a ceasefire. The Tashkent Declaration of January 1966 is an evidence of Pakistan s failure to resolve the Kashmir dispute. Then the people remember very well that in 1971, even after the surrender had taken place, the Pakistan government was far from confessing the truth. The nation was not taken into confidence and kept in the dark on major critical issues related to the 1971 crisis and war.

By denying people access to correct information about a particular issue, one cannot expect a positive outcome from a crisis. They government should have avoided distortion of truth and irrational claims. But it is evident from the way the Kargil operation has been conducted that the we have not learnt any lessons from past failures and continued to provide information based on wishful thinking.

The question is that if the situation on the ground was in favour of Pakistan or the Kashmiri mujahideen, what was the need to seek US intervention to assure the withdrawal of freedom fighters from the peaks of Kargil and Dras? When the Indian Prime Minister had refused to visit Washington and when New Delhi had declined to let the chief of US Central Command visit India, why Pakistan obliged the United States on both counts? These are the questions which the government of Pakistan will have to answer if it wants to restore its image among its own people.

By building castles in the air and escaping from reality, it is the credibility of the government that is dented. What we have learnt in Kargil require a complete restructuring of our decision-making process. Unless the Pakistani nation is guided by honest, rational and dynamic leadership, it will continue to experience crises similar to Kargil. Fortunately, the Kargil episode gives us an opportunity to put our own house in order. There is no harm in learning from failures and avoid taking the same disastrous course over and over again."

By Moonis Ahmar in "The News" of 15th July

[This message has been edited by ZZ (edited July 15, 1999).]

Comment

Pak is small but our brilliant leadership has made it smaller in the eyes of India and the industrialized countries.

Fata Morgana

Comment

Long live Nawaz Sharif, we will not get a more pathetic, inept moran in Pakistan's history.

Comment

Working...
                      X