Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mujahideen face a tough choice

Mujahideen face a tough choice

Islamabad, July 10: Major Mujahideen groups fighting in occupied Kashmir face a serious dilemma after the Defence Committee of
    the Cabinet's (DCC) decision on Friday calling for a withdrawl from Kargil in the larger interests of the Kashmir cause.
    Much depends on the decision of the Ulema Jehad Council, an alliance of parties fighting in occupied Kashmir. Sources said
    hardline groups like Hizbul Mujahideen, Al-Badar and Lashkar-i-Tayyaba have rejected the Washington accord but the DCC's
    decision is the setback for them as well since they were of the view that the army would reject the accord.
    "It is a depressing situation for Mujahideen particularly those who control the Kargil-Drass sector and I doubt they will agree to return, prefering to become martyrs," a local leader of Lashkar-i-Tayyaba told this correspondent this morning.
    "This is the second set-back for the Mujahideen after Nawaz Sharif invited Vajpayee to Lahore and signed the declaration. We are really disappointed over his Kashmir policy because we were expecting quite a lot from him," said a Hizbul Mujahideen leader.
    However, he hinted that whatever decision the Ulema Jehad Council takes will be acceptable to all the Mujahideen groups.
    Informed sources said that the decision of the DCC is the success for the Prime Minister as it also means that the armed forces have
    given their consent to the Washington accord. Mr Sharif believes that by involving the United States in the conflict, Pakistan has
    succeeded in internationalising the issue.
    Sources said Nawaz Sharif has delayed his address to the nation for two days as he wanted to fully convince the Mujahideen groups about the success at internationalising Kashmir.

dil..dilseeee

However, PML sources indicated that those groups under the influence of Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) like Hizbul Mujahideen or Al-Badar
    may not agree with the PM because JI wants to discredit him. "If they do not agree because of a JI directive, they will be isolated,"
    they said.

I think mujahideen better align with Taliban if they really want to get their land free from Indian forces. By doing so, they could free Kashmir within 8 years.

Fata Morgana

Comment

Around 5000 Paki soldiers are fighting Masoud along with Taliban. Taliban do not have resources to fight new set of unbelievers on new land. They might take over NWFP which Afghanistan had been claiming all along.

Comment

Kashmir is not new to Afghans. Earlier they have ruled Kashmir. Further, the geo-terrain is only tenable for them and locals and not for Indians or Pak soldiers.

Fata Morgana

Comment

My point is that taliban are far from winning entire afghanistan and are needing Pakistan for that right now. so how will they fight newer frontiers?

And Afghanistan has traditionally claimed NWFP to be part of Afghanistan. What stops new govt. in Kabul, when it comes, from fighting Pakistan on that issue than helping Pakistan to add teritory?

Comment

I dont say that they should pack and invade Kashmir tonight. As they finish their business in N Afghanistan, then they can take turn to the east to join mujahideen.

I dont think that present Afghan govt would really work for to annex NWFP as Pak wont either ask China to pull back from its(Chinese) line of control of Kashmir.

Maps of the world changes from time to time, but dont change with the speed of our thoughts.

Fata Morgana

Comment

For those think Taliban/Mujahadeen can solve the problems of Pakistan/Kashmir try
              http://www.rawa.org http://www.rawa.org/handcut3.htm

Comment

In reply to above links:

There are 2 ways to conquer:

1. By chopping hands and feet
                2. By giving a candy

Choice is yours!

Civilized or barbaric, the later are WINNER!

I am Fata Morgana

Comment

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited July 10, 1999).]

Comment

They have been bombed so often, its hard to die for them. Geo advantage.

Fata Morgana

Comment

Working...
                    X