Pakistan refusing to accept their dead in Kargil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan refusing to accept their dead in Kargil

Pakistan has been disowning its dead in Kargil, refusing to take back the bodies of its regulars killed, an army spokesman said here on Wednesday. “Pakistan only accepted three bodies of its soldiers killed in the early stages of the conflict, but has not been claiming the bodies of regulars of the northern light infantry, which the Indian army found,” the spokesperson said.

The army buried the bodies of 13 Pakistani soldiers according to Muslim rites conducted by a Maulvi, after finding them in the post Tiger Hill operations. The body of a Pakistani major and ten soldiers found in a hollow of a spur of hill subsequently, would be given a burial by the army, he said. “The Indian army respects the enemy dead, we ensure that each and every body of the enemy found is buried with Muslim rites,” he said.

Proof?

Comment

Fata Morgana,

What do you mean by proof? Pakistani PM went to USA to sign the accord for return of so called Mujaheden. Pakistan leaders who I always called them SOBs will never learn lesson from past history. They not only humiliate themselves but also the whole nation. What a shame!

Sincerely,

FARID

Comment

Farid,

I thought the thread was bout the Pak dead soldiers. anyway...

I think the fault doesnt solely lie with the leadership. Ultimately, its the whole damn dumb nation who chose a certain leadership. We are ruled by an illerate nation coz they are in majority(the 70% lives in villages). They have the vote power to rule every literate person in Pak.

Simple conclusion: Just get 100% literacy rate then they will understand their leaders and choose them wisely.

I am Fate Morgana

[This message has been edited by Fata Morgana (edited July 08, 1999).]

Comment

yeah i remember u indians were crying over ur pilots.why don't u guys realize even if pakistan is helping their muslim bro still the campaign started from inside.can u say that hindus r in majority in kashmir.
          can u say dat hindus were in power in hyderabad during 1947.
          hey indian be realostic why don't u guys accept the truth.

Comment

Nick,

if your argument is to be followed, then are there not several communal campaigns within Pakistan itself? MQM, Sindh separatist movement, something similar in Punjab,.... Why dont you split your country in heed to their demands? Sounds stupid? Same here!

Pak Army refuses to imform army wives if their husbands are dead or alive, and where they were sent. A clear indication that they are out on this side of the LoC.
            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Queer,

Pak Army refuses to imform army wives if their husbands are dead or alive, and where they were sent. A clear indication that they are out on this side of the LoC.
              I don't know where you get your facts from brother, but you seem to be making deductions on your own which you are clearly not qualified enough to make

Back to the original topic now...

As is the event in *any* war (and that is exactly what it is, like it or not, this is no 'battle' guys, its war!) there are casualties on both sides.

Now, the question here is, which side suffered the most, and how is it to be determined. I'm not sure whether people here are aware of the fact that the position that the Mujahideen (alleged Pakistani soldiers) occupy on the Kargil Heights is comparitively a safer place to be as compared to the foot of these same mounts. Anyone apraoching the heights is an easy target for someone who is on the top of the same.

Hence, this suggests that the Indian death toll is bound to be greater than that of the Pakistanis'/Mujahideens'

Now on a similar note, the indian propoganda machine is notorious for its tactics to defame Pakistan. Keeping that in view, what I personally fail to understand is, how come not even one Pakistani/Mujahideen body was shown on TV? How can it be that they are sure that the bodies they found belong to regulars in Pakistan army, namely the Northern Lights Infantry, but they fail to provide any prrof of identity. Surely they check the bodies before they are buried for proof of identity. I would call this a safe assumption as they repeatedly make claims about the majors and the jawaans that died as a result of Indian fire. How do they know this? and if they do have proof of identity, why not reveal it to the world?

On the other hand, Pakistan is so far backing all of its claims with solid proof.

My two cents worth.

------------------
              Zahid N. Sindhu
              PakistanX Dot Com - The One Stop Desi Resource

[This message has been edited by Zahid Sindhu (edited July 09, 1999).]

Comment

Zahid Sindhu,

You are quite right, it was quite unfair of me to have made such an unqualified statement, the statement was based on an article i read on the paper edition of The Indian Express today morning, unfortunately, i cant find it on the website. Maybe it's all "indian propaganda", i dont know.

About what you wrote regarding mujahideen being on higher terrain and hence having an advantage and casualty rate being higher on the indian side:

Air strikes are launched first to make sure outside camps are destroyed, on top of that, mujahideen positions are thoroughly pounded with Howitzer shells. The mujahideen who survive have no option, but to withdraw into undergroud Indian Army bunkers. By the time Indian ground troops close in, they are softened enough. Moreover, indian troops are trained and well rested, mujahideen and pak troops have been exhausted by round the clock air raids and months of stay in the harsh surroundings.

About mujahideen bodies not being shown on TV:

The mujahideen fall dead atop heights to which access is restricted only to the Army, press are taken around only in trips and that too, in areas at a safe distance from Pak shelling along the LoC. And they hardly show anything on the TV! All they show are the Bofor guns firing away.

Maybe pak media gave you an impression that the mujahideen had taken over quite a bit of Kashmir? All they captured were heights overlooking the National Highway 1, surely not any inhabited parts.

> How can it be that they are sure that the bodies they found belong to regulars in Pakistan army, namely the Northern Lights Infantry, but they fail to provide any prrof of identity.<

Probably your media never reported? Indian Army has been exhibiting the ID cards, ration statements, pay books, badges, etc of Pak soldiers of the different NLI regiments. Almost all the ammo retrieved bear Pak army markings. A photograph of Anti aircraft guns captured from the "mujahideen" loaded with ammo showing clearly the marking "POF" (Pak Ordnance Factory) appeared on the BBC or CNN site a couple of days back.

And to cap it all, what about the PoW? Surprised? Your media would surely not have reported it! A soldier of NLI has been taken PoW from Batallik sector. He is being held in New Delhi currently.

>On the other hand, Pakistan is so far backing all of its claims with solid proof.<

What are its claims other than denying all accusations? What "solid proof" does that take?

-------------------------------

BTW, welcome aboard, nice to have someone who likes to argue without calling names
                Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Number of Indian casualties is definitely more than 321 that Indian govt. claims. Pakistan says at least 600 Indian soldiers have died. I think that is quite possible. Among the injured many will succumb any time.

Pakistan also must have suffered casualties. India says they are 600. That is also possible.

Face it. The operation has been expensive. And if Clinton did not put his weight on India's side from the first day we would have seen full scale war since India had no reason to fight war with one hand tied in that case. That would have seen massive destruction in both countries.

Comment

queer,queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, queer, insah queer,

queer you r god

Comment

Working...
                    X