BBC tears Sartaj Aziz Apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC tears Sartaj Aziz Apart

i just saw a program on bbc called hardtalk hosted by tim sebastian.his guest was sartaj aziz the so called foreign minister of Pakistan.sebastian basically screwed aziz over.some of the questions he aske were

-how will you,and your pm return to pakistan
    where ppl are calling for your blood because you sold out to the us.
    -there are rumours of a military coup about to take place in pakistan.what are your comments?
    -why did your pm go to the united states when just a week before he left,his information minister mushahid hussain appeared on the same bbc program and said that the us has no business in the affairs and had nothing to do with the issue?
    -will pakistan use its nuclear weapon and is it ready to agree tro a no-first-use treaty?

basically,aziz could not answer even one of the above questions.he kept fidgeting,shaking his fingers and was torn apart by sebastian.
    however,he did answer the last question,the nuclear weapon issue.and the dumb son of a ***** actually said that pakistan could use the weapon and would not agree to a no first use treaty.as it is,we have the whole world breathing down our necks and the son of a ***** foreign minister goes on international tv and says pakistan could use it's nuclear weapon because of the imbalance in conventional weapon.even if he felt that way privately,he should not have gone and said thatm on bbc!God!what the hell is going on here?will somebody pls throw these idiots out or what?

those who can. should watch the program.

Uh...Pak banned BBC and CNN? When?
    Just came up from watching it!!!

Comment

I would say if a TV channel or web-site is banned against the wishes of the people then it would be a serious situation. So if the Pakistanis object to any ban, only then can it be of any concern. Similarly if Indians are offended by the ban on PTV and Dawn, then I agree that democracy is being trampled upon.
      As you've heard the US has blocked most hate sites after the shootings in Chicago in the same way they had banned Serbian TV during their Kosovo war.
      Democracy does not mean freedom to propogate hate (you may call them "true facts") against your country. Instead we would like to hear from neutral sources like the BBC and the CNN even if they have shown a pro-Pakistan tilt in the past.

Comment

Yo Bombaykid dude.

Cnn and BBC have always remained impartial and have never shown a pro-Pakistan tilt as you put it.The reason behind that is simple,they are an Internationally known news provider and would never show bias towards anyone because if they do,then their reputation takes a nose dive.I am a Pakistani.I saw the interview in question.I saw our representative being torn to shredds by an extremely qualified and brilliant professional.Yet,I am not complaining because whatever he did,it was his job.His job is to grill people and he did that.Now I can safely assume that DoorDashan will be picking this interview up and broadcasting it on numerous occasions whereas PTV will pretend it does not exist.On the other hand,the roles could be reversed tomorrow and an Indian could be the one to face the music,and then the shoe's on the other foor is'nt it?Whatever is the case the bottom line is that India has banned a Pakistan chanell and Pakistani newspapers whereas we have not banned any of your magazines,tv chanells,movies, and what not.
        It is simply too childish to act in such a manner.

Comment

Indian newspapers and magazines are banned in Pak.

Comment

Hi Hollywood,
            It's good to hear that Pakistanis are getting concerned about Democracy. I am not being sarcastic --- it really is nice to know and it's a good start.

Do you believe that the US is less democratic if they ban Serbian TV and block pro-white websites ?

I just raised this point because there were no protests after the ban on Pakistani networks. But maybe you are right --- maybe it's a blow to democracy when they were banned. Too bad...I guess now we are not only pseudo-secular but also pseudo-democratic !!!

Comment

US warned Serbs to have 6 hours of western propoganda and when Serbs did not listen TV tower was bombed.

favourite traget practice of pakistani artillery in Indian TV tower.

Look who is talking.

Comment

Indian magazines are NOT banned in Pakistan.
                So please do not go around making statements when you cannot back them up. I'm in Pakistan right now and there's no ban on any of your magazines. All your film magazines,movies,audio tapes,etc are all on display in all the major cities.The fact is,that your democratic govt wants the world to look away from what they have done by(banning Pakistan tv and papers) by turning around and saying that Pakistan has done the same with the Indian tv etc!That is absolutely not true.Now,being the fair and honest person that I am,I can safely say that I never watch PTV since I consider their one sided news,a waste of time,much like Doordashan etc.However,not watching it and not being able to watch it are two different things.If my govt bans a certain chanell or paper because they feel I should not watch or read it,then I would get upset because it's my choice to chose what I want,not some stupid politicians.But thats me,I guess.

Comment

Banning enemy media during war time has nothing to with democarcy or its lack. It has been happening all times.

Comment

Hollywood.....
                    I know Indian movies, magazines etc are available freely in Pakistan....but they are banned in theory. This is known as black market !! In India pirated Hollywood movies are banned but they are available freely and lots of people don't even know that they are banned by law !! Whenever there are raids on a video shop, the owners just have to pay off the police and get away with it.

Comment

Folks, do not get confused, there are two parallel threads going on in this thread a) Sartyaj Aziz's interview b)Indian govt.'s ban on PTV> So read accordingly.

Comment

Yo Bombaykid!!

Everything is banned in theory isent it!
                        I mean,alcohol for example is banned but you can get it as easily as a can of coke around here!Similarly,smoking is banned at oublic palces yet everyone smokes all over the place,and so on.So if no one wants to enforce a ban,then the story will remain the same.If Pakistan really wanted to ban all this stuff,they could have done that.Irani style

Comment

Both sides(BBC & Sartaj Aziz) must have an adequate knowledge of the affairs discussed. Both have failed!

I am Fata Morgana

Comment

I am not surprised that BBC took Sartaj Aziz apart. He is but one cog of this highly inefficient and incompetent government run by abba jee.

Banning of PTV by India was unnecessary and shows the panic the Indian government is in.

Comment

i agree with ehsan.on both accounts.

Comment

Working...
                              X