US military officials confirm desecration of Quran in Guantanamo Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US military officials confirm desecration of Quran in Guantanamo Bay

U.S. military officials confirmed for the first time that the holy book of Quran was splashed with urine in Guantanamo Bay prison by US troops.

The findings are among the results of an investigation last month by Brig. Gen. Jay Hood, the commander of the detention center in Cuba. A Newsweek magazine report that a U.S. soldier had flushed one Guantanamo Bay detainee's Quran down a toilet triggered the investigation.

Hood said that of nine mishandling cases that were studied in detail by reviewing thousands of pages of written records, five were confirmed.

In one of the unconfirmed cases, a detainee in April 2003 complained to FBI and other interrogators that guards "constantly defile the Quran." The detainee alleged that in one case a female military guard threw a Quran into a bag of wet towels to anger another detainee, and he also alleged that another guard said the Quran belonged in the toilet and that guards were ordered to do these things.
    http://www.albawaba.com/en/news/184443

So at first they deny then they admit abusing koran, US military and the US liar administration is full of schizophrenics i see!

Re: US military officials confirm desecration of Quran in Guantanamo Bay

Our dear american psycho's would you please comment or are you gonna run away with your tail between your legs?
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

previously the suckups said it was a made up story by "Voice of America" to get insane Muslims riled up... now the officials are admitting the desecration.... lets see how they do their "suckup" job now.

Comment

Now they run away and read their WSJ.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4608949.stm

The US did flush the Quran down the toliet:

It also said that there were a number of cases where detainees had desecrated the Koran by ripping pages, urinating on it and trying to flush it down a toilet.
          Where are our resident racist pricks? Matusi? OG? Busy hiding?

Comment

^ busy finding excuses.

Comment

whats with the us army and its sick fetishes? pyramid of naked men, urine, feces etc..

this glorious army must be filled with repiglicans...
              Adopt me Angelina.

Comment

fulfilling their need to make muslims feel angered go to extremes (just like it happened previously or more). the easiest way to do that.
                Wonder this time where she's gone,wonder if she's gone to stay
                Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,and this house just ain't no home
                anytime she goes away.

Comment

Lost BaLLs???

When Salman Rushdie wrote the book, everybody wanted to kill him and ban his book. Now that it is confirmed US army is degrading Quran with human feces which is way worst then Rushdie's act, why everyone in Muslim world is so quite and haven't taken (and will not) any drastic action. Is it me, or the Muslim world have lost their Balls????? When you know enough is enough and to stand up for yourself? For GOD's Sake Defend your Dignity!
                  Our universal and essential gift lies in the power to ask questions!

Comment

Re: Lost BaLLs???

Agreed. So do stand up for yourself. What are you doing about it?

Comment

Originally posted by CM
                      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4608949.stm

The US did flush the Quran down the toliet:

Where are our resident racist pricks? Matusi? OG? Busy hiding?
                      I am still busy reading the Koran...errr WSJ so will reply in detail later, but briefly looking at the link you provided, dont twists the facts here see in bold.

The US listed five incidents of mishandling at the Cuban facility, including the splashing of urine and water on copies of the Koran.

The report said most of the cases were accidental or unintentional. It also said that there were a number of cases where detainees had desecrated the Koran by ripping pages, urinating on it and trying to flush it down a toilet.
                      Detainees would be the jihadis NO?
                      P.S Now that US admits the mishandling lets go burn KFCs and Consulates. See you on CNN.
                      Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

^ No, its a typo i think. its on CNN right now, it was a guard who urinated.
                        Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

Re: Lost BaLLs???

Originally posted by CM
                          Agreed. So do stand up for yourself. What are you doing about it?
                          HopeFullY you are not reffering to me. I stand UP for what I beLieve in always
                          Our universal and essential gift lies in the power to ask questions!

Comment

Originally posted by ravage
                            ^ No, its a typo i think. its on CNN right now, it was a guard who urinated.
                            "I love you Cindy" Awwww thats so sweet.
                            I read the same in NYTimes, and BBC. Its ok. the urination is probably a lie, you know how prisoners are, they all lie. The guard urinated near an air vent and a drop flew in and landed on koran, did they take the DNA and match it up (there is still this word "alleged"). What if it was ocean spray?
                            Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

I wasn't refering to you.

Yes It is a typo Verizon. Want the CNN link?
                              Hell here it is: http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/04/gua...ran/index.html

Comment

Working...
                              X