• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslims offended by sign at US church

Muslims offended by sign at US church
    Thursday 26-05-2005

By Khalid Hasan

WASHINGTON: A North Carolina priest outside whose church stands a derisive sign about the Quran has refused to either apologise or take it down.

The Council on Islamic-American Relations (CAIR) issued a statement on Tuesday, condemning what it said was an act of sacrilege. The sign says “The Koran needs to be flushed.”

http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp...-5-2005_pg7_50

Can we call 'Christianity the Religion of Hate', considering the Christian Hierarchy preaches hatered so openely?

Re: Muslims offended by sign at US church

What's a Koran?

Now, if it was a Quran, I would really be offended...

But the spelling alone doesn't give away the clergy's misguidance and ignorance...It is the sentiments of what the action refers to...Flushing down the toilet something which someone holds very dear...

If something so ruthless can be done by the religious leaders of a faith, can you imagine what hatred the layman woiuld hold in his heart? Do you think he would hold the life of our children which we hold dear, to any mercy?

The 'Koran' in this case is just a symbol...They would like to flush all that follow it down the flush too...And don't think it hasn't happened before...

History...
    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Haha, hard to take back the crap that you give to other? Serves you right.

Go tell Christians that their Bible has been altered. But god Forbid if they tell you to flush your Quran (or Koran). So why such sensitivity about your books, but no regard for others?

Comment

A rural Southern Baptist church hardly represents the "Christian Hierarchy"

You guys sure are sensitive, especially considering the hatred spewed against Christians in many of your madrassahs and mosques.

Comment

I dont' get it... how can you flush a book down the toilet?? Most toilets clog if there's some tissue thrown in, so how can a book be flushed??
          The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

^^ beta these are special toilets for the special prisoners in a special place called Gitmo.
            Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

Originally posted by Seminole
              A rural Southern Baptist church hardly represents the "Christian Hierarchy"

You guys sure are sensitive, especially considering the hatred spewed against Christians in many of your madrassahs and mosques.
              one can be against hate being spewed at madrassahs and mosques as well as against hate being spewed at churches right?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz
                one can be against hate being spewed at madrassahs and mosques as well as against hate being spewed at churches right?
                Agreed. Have you ever seen a thread here that addresses the former?

Comment

Er, the Danielstown Baptist Church has 55 members. Enrollment in radical madrassas in Pakistan close to 200,000? I am having a little problem of scale here. And while the idiot pastor at the Baptist Church wants to flush a Quran, he is not preaching violent Jihad......

I'm just sayin'
                  Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

^^ You cant mooli promptly moves it to religion or Pak 1 where it is lost.
                    Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

Originally posted by Ohioguy
                      Er, the Danielstown Baptist Church has 55 members. Enrollment in radical madrassas in Pakistan close to 200,000? I am having a little problem of scale here. And while the idiot pastor at the Baptist Church wants to flush a Quran, he is not preaching violent Jihad......

I'm just sayin'
                      OG how many madressas have you visited?

Just asking.

Hes not preaching violent jihad, hes simply encourging the degradation of the Quran. Wow how nice. Is this a form of a peaceful jihad?
                      "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

Oh please, as if this is somthing new. Christians have always had a sense of complex about the Koran. Why is it surprising to poeple if they are now preaching what has been thought for centuries?

So far as Madrassas are concerned I assure the Jews and Christians of you that most of the time is spent upon educating the kids. Going through the injustices against Islam commited by our brethren here would be more than the syllabus could possibly cope with.

This is why secularism is the way to go
                        rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

Originally posted by Seminole
                          Agreed. Have you ever seen a thread here that addresses the former?
                          do you want to see just my threads on this topic or other peoples
                          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz
                            Yes and one can also note that the hate spewing from the madrassas is to 100000 times more people than the hate spewed from these churches....not to mention the fact that the madrassa kids get taught how to shoot Kalashnikovs and make bombs in the next door jihad training camps...

See:

http://www.worldandi.com/specialreport/jihad/jihad.html

Khuddamuddin is run by Mohammed Ajmal Qadri, leader of one of the three branches of the fundamentalist Jamiat Ulema Islam party, who told me that nearly 13,000 trained jihad fighters have passed through his school. At least 2,000 of them were in or on their way to Indian-held Kashmir.

"Most kids here go for jihad, and I will too, God willing," said 14-year-old Obeidulla Anwer, speaking in Urdu through a translator. "Jihad is to fight for Islam and the pride of Islam."
                            Like most of his classmates, he will leave the school at about age 18 and go to a military training camp in Pakistani-controlled Kashmir, Afghanistan, or some other secret location. After that training, he said, "We go to fight in Kashmir, Chechnya, Palestine, Afghanistan."
                            Asked whether he was prepared to hurt or kill, the delicate, dark boy said: "I will hurt those who are enemies of Islam. And I know that I could be hurt or killed."
                            The chances that Obeidulla will die violently are high. A 23-year-old fighter with another Islamic militant group, Hizbul Mujahideen, said that five of the eight young men in his squad had died during his 18 months of fighting against Indian troops in Kashmir, where an estimated 30,000 people have died in civil strife since 1989.

Obeidulla was asked how he would recognize the enemies of Islam. "If I greet them with 'Salam Aleikum' and they won't say it back," he answered.
                            Last edited by Talwar; May 27, 2005, 10:57 AM.

Comment

..an to think ive been to a madressah (just like other jewish and christian kids), an i aint even learnt to pick up a gun. *sigh* am a bad student i guess.
                              O He whose Name is a Remedy, whose remembrance is a Cure, and whose obedience is Wealth!

Have mercy upon him whose capital is hope and whose weapon is tears!

Comment

Working...
                              X