Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Human right Violations by US forces or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human right Violations by US forces or not?

Just another day in Iraq, US forces at their usual rounding up suspects and treating them as low life animals. Does the picture tell us anything about US policies as being efficient organizers or evil remnants of nazi germany.

http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/Re...ticleID=166630

Re: Human right Violations by US forces or not?

The Nazi comparisons are just so tired and ill informed.

The Nazi horrors are so far beyond the realm of imagination that any comparison is ususally someone with an extreme bias trying to hit a cheap emotional button.
    Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

Originally posted by Ohioguy
      The Nazi comparisons are just so tired and ill informed.

The Nazi horrors are so far beyond the realm of imagination that any comparison is ususally someone with an extreme bias trying to hit a cheap emotional button.
      OG,
      You are entitled to your opinion, wud u like to comment on the picture where the US soldier is shown writing prisoner number on the Iraqi's forehead? Is such an act acceptable in your judgement?

Comment

Yes, writing on the forehead is done by police departments all over the world for riot control, so that people are not misidentified or mixed up during transport. US troops are also trained to write medical information on the foreheads of their own wounded troops.

You know, during the Afghan conflict there were pictures of detainees being transported with a hood over their heads, and in shackles. Oh the outrage. Since then, I have seen hundreds of pictures of prisoners being tranported in shackles and hoods from virtually every country. It is pretty much standard procedure, but makes some good propaganda points if you are not familiar.

You have no idea of the horrors of war. During the battle of Stalingrad, the Nazis used Russian War Orphans to go to the Volga River and fill canteens. The Russians, after figuring out that the kids were being made to fill German canteens, proceded to shoot all the kids, even though they were Russian children. The wailing of liberals who have no concept of reality in these matters almost becomes laughable. When I see Muslims appalled at the horror of beheadings then I will be convinced that there is some proper perspective here.

Comment

Yes, writing on the forehead is done by police departments all over the world for riot control, so that people are not misidentified or mixed up during transport. US troops are also trained to write medical information on the foreheads of their own wounded troops.

You know, during the Afghan conflict there were pictures of detainees being transported with a hood over their heads, and in shackles. Oh the outrage. Since then, I have seen hundreds of pictures of prisoners being tranported in shackles and hoods from virtually every country. It is pretty much standard procedure, but makes some good propaganda points if you are not familiar.

You have no idea of the horrors of war. During the battle of Stalingrad, the Nazis used Russian War Orphans to go to the Volga River and fill canteens. The Russians, after figuring out that the kids were being made to fill German canteens, proceded to shoot all the kids, even though they were Russian children. The wailing of liberals who have no concept of reality in these matters almost becomes laughable. When I see Muslims appalled at the horror of beheadings then I will be convinced that there is some proper perspective here.
          OG,
          None of the examples quoted above justify these actions. Police dept doing it to control riots, where does that happen? Having said that, it still is unacceptable behaviour. How wud u like someone to forcibly write something on your forehead while u ra blindfolded and being treated like a suspect with no rights? Here the nazi analogy comes to mind, cause their acts too wud hv been rationalized by their supporters, its all about relative position in history.

As for your last cheap shot on beheadings, well it sickens me when I hear of it and to be honest saw one and vowed never to c it again. Such acts are dispicable, but so is the excuse for carrying out human right violations by using the actions of a few nutballs as justification.

Comment

OK genius, imagine that you are rounding up suspects in a sweep. The sweep is designed to save lives by finding bombers. The worst problem would be to misidentify an innocent father, lose him in the system, and fail to release him to his family.

Muslims will immediately interpret this as some "humiliation", it is nothing of the kind. It is a quick practical way of keeping track of prisoners. What other method would you suggest? and, Nazis did not allow photographers shooting pictures over their shoulders either. I would bet that using a marker on foreheads is SOP in 90% of the militaries and police forces of the world for crowd control. Nazis would have them tatooed, wearing yellow stars, or carrying passports which disclose their religions. Hmmm...

Comment

Prove it. Doesn't happen in Europe. Not in the former USSR. Not in the Northern African countries. Please prove it happens else where.

Transported by the US forces. It is not standard procedure. Since violating HUMAN RIGHTS standard procedures. Wait it is for the US. After all they have set up concentration camps around the world. That is what Gitmo infact is. You torture innocent people and violate the constitutional rights of your own american people.

You have no idea of the horrors of war.
              And you do? Dumbass.

During the battle of Stalingrad, the Nazis used Russian War Orphans to go to the Volga River and fill canteens. The Russians, after figuring out that the kids were being made to fill German canteens, proceded to shoot all the kids, even though they were Russian children. The wailing of liberals who have no concept of reality in these matters almost becomes laughable. When I see Muslims appalled at the horror of beheadings then I will be convinced that there is some proper perspective here.
              Well considering you actively defend murders and rapist ie the american army you should have no problem with the murder of children. We already know Myvoice and Sem agree that children should be killed and now its you.
              You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

OK genius, imagine that you are rounding up suspects in a sweep. The sweep is designed to save lives by finding bombers. The worst problem would be to misidentify an innocent father, lose him in the system, and fail to release him to his family.

Muslims will immediately interpret this as some "humiliation", it is nothing of the kind. It is a quick practical way of keeping track of prisoners. What other method would you suggest? and, Nazis did not allow photographers shooting pictures over their shoulders either. I would bet that using a marker on foreheads is SOP in 90% of the militaries and police forces of the world for crowd control. Nazis would have them tatooed, wearing yellow stars, or carrying passports which disclose their religions. Hmmm...
                save lives? Helloooo....find bombers, pleeeeze....biggest bombers are the american forces, no need to debate who is right or who is wrong but pls do not justify these acts as if though we r talking abt a situation in Arkansas or Columbia. There are two sides of this picture, lets not forget this. Best way to avoid any mishap wud be for the Americans to leave Iraqi's own their own.

Comment

Originally posted by CM
                  Well considering you actively defend murders and rapist ie the american army you should have no problem with the murder of children. We already know Myvoice and Sem agree that children should be killed and now its you.
                  Really, does your pomposity know no bounds? You don't have the right to put words in my mouth. One day reality will smack you in the face and you'll come to find out you are not nearly as clever, talented or accomplished as you think you are. A wee bit of knowledge and a sihtload of arrogance is a dangerous combination.

Comment

You get a petition together saying this: "We the Muslim world give the US permission to leave Iraq". "Whatever happens we will not blame you, and we will take responsibility for our brothers". Get that signed by millions of Muslims, and I guarantee you we would be outta there in a week.

Comment

OG: I don't think our resident diplomat who wants a job with the US Foreign Service could organize that effort. It doesn't involve filling styrofoam cups with coffee and cream.

You ask way too much from someone who thinks the fundo extremists could win their terror war by recruiting and training an army of teenagers who would be immune from receiving return fire because they were just "children." Here's a guy who can't comprehend that the people committing war crimes and violating human rights are the one's who use the kiddies as their cannon fodder rather than the military opposing them.
                      "I met the surgeon general - he offered me a cigarette. " --Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Originally posted by Seminole
                        A wee bit of knowledge and a sihtload of arrogance is a dangerous combination.
                        WOW! I find it amazing you can say that and not relate it to yourself.

OG i asked you some questions do respond.

MV you openly stated it was ok for US soliders to kill children. Shall we dig up that thread?

Comment

Yeah do it CM. Dig it up and prove your point. I dont remember ever seeing anything like that from MV. He is a man of credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by CM
                            MV you openly stated it was ok for US soliders to kill children. Shall we dig up that thread?
                            I sure did. If you or your heroes strap a backpack of dynamite onto the back of some 12 year old and send him off to the marketplace, I've got no problem with a US soldier or anyone else putting a bullet into the little tyke's forehead to keep him from getting there. If you put a gun in his hand and bravely send him in front of your more mature heroes as a bullet catcher, so be it.

Now go dig up the thread you're talking about little man and you and all the world will see that it states nothing different than the above sentiment. Now why don't you use your diplomatic skills to convince the imams who are wasting the next generation of little Muslims that they are blaspheming God's word.
                            "I met the surgeon general - he offered me a cigarette. " --Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

LOL! As much credibility as you have eh? One week you praise Al Jazeera next week you call it a propoganda machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X