X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy cat Quran desecration incident in California college

Copy cat Quran desecration incident in California college
    Tuesday 24-05-2005

WASHINGTON: A college student in California has said that he discovered a copy of the Quran in a toilet last week.

According to a newspaper report, the San Joaquin Delta College student discovered the holy book in a library toilet on Wednesday evening, an incident similar to the one described in a now-retracted Newsweek report that sparked Muslim protests worldwide last week. “We have respect for all other religions. We can only hope to get that same respect,” said Ramsey Abboushi, the 19-year-old Muslim student who found the book in the toilet.

Sean Khan, 19, another Muslim who is said not to “seriously practise the religion,” commenting on the incident, said that he would have felt offended even if the desecration had involved a religion other than Islam. He called such acts a result of “ignorance.”

http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp...-5-2005_pg4_14

Are these the sort of examples the Americans set for their children?

Re: Copy cat Quran desecration incident in California college

How odd that the student who found the desecrated Quran is a Muslim? How coincidental. Either there are a lot of Muslim students at this school, or this is a bizzare coincidence.
    Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

OG, what about the guy who flushed it also turns out to be Muslim too? Wouldn’t that be something?

Comment

^^ I think thats what happened, a set up.

This community college is 17% Asian kids and 24% Latino. So 40% of the kids are probabably not Muslim. What are the odds of a Muslim student finding a dunked Quran? Sorta funny huh? Like farts, the fox is the finder.....

What I find incredible is that through out, nobody but Guantanamo detainees have claimed Qurans have been desecrated. Not the most credible of sources. Yet Muslims take it as if it was etched in tablets dropped from heaven. Very powerful propaganda one way or another.

Comment

LOL! A set up indeed. Just like HRW and ICRC set up the US with their own reports on the descration of the Quran. You are a pathetic excuse for a human being.
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Learn to read. Both HRW and ICRC say that their only source of complaints are detainees, who obviously have an agenda. The Red Cross has seen nothing, the FBI has seen nothing. Do I think that there is some grain of truth here? Probably. Do I think that detainees will lie to discredit the US and inflame Muslims? Yes. This is excellent propaganda for the anti-US types. so I would suspect that we will get many "incidents", a great many will be faked to inflame feelings. The fact that you are so lathered up about the issue means that this is effective propaganda. Your pathetic anti-US prejudgement is choking off the blood to your unemployed brain.

Comment

Ohh detainees have an agenda. Like the US govt doesn't with this news story?
              You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

It was probably done as a result of a math question. Something like this:

If Muslims will kill 14 other Muslims every time a Quran is flushed down the toilet, how many Qurans must be flushed until their are only 14 Muslims left alive?

Someone was probably trying to test the underlying premise of the question. Thus far, I haven't heard about any riots or killings.
                "I met the surgeon general - he offered me a cigarette. " --Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Originally posted by Ohioguy
                  Learn to read. Both HRW and ICRC say that their only source of complaints are detainees, who obviously have an agenda. The Red Cross has seen nothing, the FBI has seen nothing. Do I think that there is some grain of truth here? Probably. Do I think that detainees will lie to discredit the US and inflame Muslims? Yes. This is excellent propaganda for the anti-US types. so I would suspect that we will get many "incidents", a great many will be faked to inflame feelings. The fact that you are so lathered up about the issue means that this is effective propaganda. Your pathetic anti-US prejudgement is choking off the blood to your unemployed brain.

http://www.thedigitalcourier.com/art...ews/news01.txt
                  Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

I posted that the other day Ravage. Seems Freedom of Speech is alive and well. Will probably be a lot of Quran flushings. Flag burnings picked up slowly at first, then became a trend. Now that your weak spot is known, expect those who do not respect Muslim actions to take full advantage.

When the first relative of some beheaded chap spits on one during a press conference, maybe a point will be made? Brace yourself, it will get worse before it gets better....

Comment

i think i should catch a jew and flush him down the toilet. i'm sure this trend will be picked up pretty fast. then we'll move on to christians. thats freedom of action

Comment

Originally posted by Ohioguy
                        I posted that the other day Ravage. Seems Freedom of Speech is alive and well. Will probably be a lot of Quran flushings. Flag burnings picked up slowly at first, then became a trend. Now that your weak spot is known, expect those who do not respect Muslim actions to take full advantage.

When the first relative of some beheaded chap spits on one during a press conference, maybe a point will be made? Brace yourself, it will get worse before it gets better....
                        its so amazing.. the hypocricy of how the same people who say freedom of speech comes with responsibility and freedom of speech does not mean shouting 'fire' in a crowded theatre will commit the most offensive of actions themselves such as grossly disrespecting an entire religion and then claim freedom of speech for themselves.

Comment

Shouting fire in a crowded theater endangers lives. Burning a flag or flushing a book doesn't.

Comment

im sorry but it does endanger lives as the recent reaction to this idiocy has shown.

Comment

Perhaps those wishing to insult Muslims do not consider themselves insulting a whole religion. Perhaps they are to the point where they don't care. At least their protest is symbolic and non-violent. The ones REALLY insulting the religion are those flying planes into buildings and blowing up innocents, and rationalizing that no one is truely innocent. THAT is a far greater insult, when violence is spread in the name of a religion? But not much protesting eh? It will get worse, this is just the beginning. Then you can walk around shaking your head asking "Why do they hate us?"

Comment

Working...
                              X