The Jessica Lynch book...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Jessica Lynch book...

The new book, "I Am a Soldier, Too: The Jessica Lynch Story," is due on bookstore shelves by mid-November, but many are expecting a pretty thin book if the Pentagon's version of Jessica's capture - and her resulting amnesia - is to be believed.

Back in early April, the Washington Post headline read, 'She Was Fighting to the Death,' then quoted U.S. officials as saying that "Pfc. Jessica Lynch fought fiercely and shot several enemy soldiers after Iraqi forces ambushed the Army's 507th Ordnance Maintenance Company, firing her weapon until she ran out of ammunition."

Fanning the demand flame for the 'feel good' story of an otherwise tumultuous war, The Pentagon then introduced subsequent stories detailing the daring rescue by Special Ops forces that saved Jessica from certain death at the hands of Iraqi military forces.

One month after her rescue, the truth started unfolding.

First the BBC, then USA Today broke the story with headlines such as 'Forceful rescue of American POW unnecessary,' then stating in detail how "the U.S. commandos refused a key and instead broke down doors and went in with guns drawn." [Sounds like a scene from the 'rescue' of Elian Gonzalez in Miami].

"They carried away the prisoner in the dead of night with helicopter and armored vehicle backup - even though there was no Iraqi military presence and the hospital staff didn't resist," according to eye witnesses interviewed by the Associated Press.

In an effort to diffuse these early reports, CNN stated that doctors treating rescued POW Jessica Lynch were now saying that their patient does not remember the ambush in which she was taken prisoner or what happened immediately afterward. Furthermore, a statement from Walter Reed Army Medical Center said, the doctors "believe the probability of her remembering any events during that time period is very low."

While treatment continued at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, one U.S. official told FoxNews that "she basically has amnesia, and has mentally blocked out the horrible things we strongly believe she went through."

"This is a very sad thing about Jessica but it's not unexpected," Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld said. Rosenfeld said Lynch is likely suffering from something called total global amnesia, which often occurs after someone endures a traumatic emotional and/or physical stress.

Mary Gooding, of The Daily Journal may have summed it up best: "Jessica has been locked up in a private Walter Reed hospital room with an around-the-clock security detail normally reserved for high brass to ensure that what happened to her as a prisoner of war remains inside her room. Almost daily her cover story changes from amnesia to partial amnesia to more recently: 'She's blocked just the ambush event.'"

The West Virginia Herald-Dispatch interviewed Jessica's father, Greg Lynch, on May 30th, who says Jessica has never had amnesia. While declining to answer questions about the Army investigation of the ambush, Mr. Lynch did say that contrary to published reports, his daughter does not have amnesia. "Her memory is as good as it was when she was home," her father said. "There really wasn't no amnesia problems."

The cover up in more detail...

-----------------------------

Seems seriously injured enough soldiers who can carry a gun are going back to the front from lack of manpower...Why is she still around?
    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Re: The Jessica Lynch book...

do you know this redneck Jessica Lynch was posting for nude pictures while she was in Irak ?

http://msnbc.com/news/992093.asp?0cv=CB20
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,102736,00.html

There are also romours that she was giving sexual services to other soldiers in irak so the army would make a hero out of her like Matt Tillman
    The Sindhis, Punjabis, Pathans, Balochs, Mahajirs are all my brothers !!! All pakistanis are my brothers !!! Lets work to bring democracy to our land so we can have long term stability and equal rights for all !!! MQM and other racist separatists Murdabad !!!

Comment

Jessica Lynch can write?

Comment

Funny there are no comments from the US Right Wing Brigade on this topic why is that i wonder

come on you chickens you usallly have a lot to say for yourself come and defend your fake heros!

Comment

OG come on lets hear what you have to say on this matter because when this story first broke you were posting away like mad. Lets here what you have to say now.
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

A 2003 story about Jessica Lynch? Ok......

Comment

I love it when Pakistanis are now INTERESTED in a little West Virginia girl. Usually they are so busy calling them rednecks, and trailer trash......
              Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

Why now 2 years after the fact? Did I fall into a wormhole?

Comment

No my dear boy your govt covered it up and ****ed it up. Come on you can do better than that.
                  You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Jessica is not even hot, why would anybody wanna make love to that hillbilly is beyond me.
                    The Sindhis, Punjabis, Pathans, Balochs, Mahajirs are all my brothers !!! All pakistanis are my brothers !!! Lets work to bring democracy to our land so we can have long term stability and equal rights for all !!! MQM and other racist separatists Murdabad !!!

Comment

Sad and pathetic sums up these right wing fools feeling a little RED and embarrassed about there fake heros oh well !

Comment

jessica leeach represents TRUE AMERICA <== this is all USA is about folks. lies, lies and more lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Jack_Sensei
                          jessica leeach represents TRUE AMERICA <== this is all USA is about folks. lies, lies and more lies.
                          The US government lies i don't belive you

i do really

Comment

Working...
                          X