Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

    By Arshad Hussain

    KARACHI: Dewan Motors (Pvt) Ltd (DMPL), which began importing various models of BMW cars from Munich, Germany earlier this month and will formally launch in a few days time plans to begin local assembly of BMWs after 2006, a company source has said.

    At present we are importing all the models of BMW cars and are also providing all servicing facilities, including spare parts, the source said. The launching will take place simultaneously in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.

    He said that although the cars have not been officially launched yet, a demand for them has been seen in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.

    We are taking orders for all the latest models from the customers, and a number of vehicles have already been booked, said the official. However, he refused to give the exact number of the vehicles booked so far.

    He also said that the company is hiring well-experienced staff to look after the BMW vehicles in Pakistan, but refused to give the exact investment figure. An advertisement in the weekend newspapers from the group called for applications for ten positions.

    Earlier, Redco group imported BMW cars till 1999, but after that there was no legal importer of BMW in the country.

    The Dewan group entered the automobile area in December 1998. Based on the experienced gained by managing assembling, marketing, selling and after-sales support of automobiles operations, the management of Dewan group set out to capture the luxurious BMW car segments, said the source.

    The main objective of the Dewan group is to bring all the latest models of BMW including 5-series, 7-series and others, said the company official. The group is also importing whole diagnostic equipments and software to diagnose the on-board problems on computers in the vehicles and other servicing facilities including fixing and others.

    Dewan Motors will open two showrooms for BMW in Karachi and Lahore, while it already has a showroom in Islamabad, the source said. He added that no dealer of any showroom would be involved in the selling of these vehicles in the country, as the country has decided to market the vehicles itself.

    According to him, the prices of the different BMW models would range between Rs 4 million and Rs 15 million. Of course the Pakistani people have the purchasing power to buy such luxury cars, and there is a demand of such vehicles here, he said.

    The company would also import the latest models of MINI to market them here.

    According to BMW, electrical and electronic systems are the key driving force behind some 90 percent of all the BMW groups innovations, and these technologies represent something of a digital revolution within the automotive industry and vehicle development.




    http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-10-2003_pg5_4
    Last edited by TARIQ786USA; May 22, 2005, 10:05 AM.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸



    A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

    #2
    Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

    hmm i had thought they had already started assembly...
    Tariq pls also add the link to the report. thanks.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

      Originally posted by Haris Zuberi
      hmm i had thought they had already started assembly...
      Tariq pls also add the link to the report. thanks.

      http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-10-2003_pg5_4
      °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸



      A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

        Please correct the phrase you every time write under your name "Voice of Concious". The word is 'conscience'(zameer) and not 'concious'.
        Do you do anything else in your life besides being guppi?


        Originally posted by TARIQ786USA
        By Arshad Hussain

        KARACHI: Dewan Motors (Pvt) Ltd (DMPL), which began importing various models of BMW cars from Munich, Germany earlier this month and will formally launch in a few days time plans to begin local assembly of BMWs after 2006, a company source has said.

        At present we are importing all the models of BMW cars and are also providing all servicing facilities, including spare parts, the source said. The launching will take place simultaneously in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.

        He said that although the cars have not been officially launched yet, a demand for them has been seen in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.

        We are taking orders for all the latest models from the customers, and a number of vehicles have already been booked, said the official. However, he refused to give the exact number of the vehicles booked so far.

        He also said that the company is hiring well-experienced staff to look after the BMW vehicles in Pakistan, but refused to give the exact investment figure. An advertisement in the weekend newspapers from the group called for applications for ten positions.

        Earlier, Redco group imported BMW cars till 1999, but after that there was no legal importer of BMW in the country.

        The Dewan group entered the automobile area in December 1998. Based on the experienced gained by managing assembling, marketing, selling and after-sales support of automobiles operations, the management of Dewan group set out to capture the luxurious BMW car segments, said the source.

        The main objective of the Dewan group is to bring all the latest models of BMW including 5-series, 7-series and others, said the company official. The group is also importing whole diagnostic equipments and software to diagnose the on-board problems on computers in the vehicles and other servicing facilities including fixing and others.

        Dewan Motors will open two showrooms for BMW in Karachi and Lahore, while it already has a showroom in Islamabad, the source said. He added that no dealer of any showroom would be involved in the selling of these vehicles in the country, as the country has decided to market the vehicles itself.

        According to him, the prices of the different BMW models would range between Rs 4 million and Rs 15 million. Of course the Pakistani people have the purchasing power to buy such luxury cars, and there is a demand of such vehicles here, he said.

        The company would also import the latest models of MINI to market them here.

        According to BMW, electrical and electronic systems are the key driving force behind some 90 percent of all the BMW groups innovations, and these technologies represent something of a digital revolution within the automotive industry and vehicle development.




        http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-10-2003_pg5_4

        Comment


          #5
          Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

          Originally posted by MUBEEN ALLAHWALA
          Please correct the phrase you every time write under your name "Voice of Concious". The word is 'conscience'(zameer) and not 'concious'.
          Do you do anything else in your life besides being guppi?
          I think if you would have checked more carefully,....it was spelled "
          "Conscious." not
          Concious
          ...as you wrote above,...
          And I know exactly what it means, I requested in the past to correct it, they never did......

          I never write everytime...And I knew this,..and requested GS to correct it in the past too,..which they haven't done...Don't worry about it. It won't limit my ability to discuss anything with you.


          BTW,....what I do,..is my business,..follow your own path,...if any


          Don't know, why I have a funny feeling that I am responding to ---Grade-20--here ?
          Last edited by TARIQ786USA; May 22, 2005, 12:56 PM.
          °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸



          A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

            What do you mean by 'more carefully'? You mean, for a simple word like "concious' do I have to do a research? This is incorrect period. This is another story that somehow system cannot correct it but it looks too bizarre that a person living in America cannot write 'conscience' properly......choice is yours, I made a point!



            Originally posted by TARIQ786USA
            I think if you would have checked more carefully,....it was spelled "
            "Conscious." not ...as you wrote above,...
            And I know exactly what it means, I requested in the past to correct it, they never did......

            I never write everytime...And I knew this,..and requested GS to correct it in the past too,..which they haven't done...Don't worry about it. It won't limit my ability to discuss anything with you.


            BTW,....what I do,..is my business,..follow your own path,...if any


            Don't know, why I have a funny feeling that I am responding to ---Grade-20--here ?

            Comment


              #7
              Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

              Originally posted by MUBEEN ALLAHWALA
              What do you mean by 'more carefully'? You mean, for a simple word like "concious' do I have to do a research? This is incorrect period. This is another story that somehow system cannot correct it but it looks too bizarre that a person living in America cannot write 'conscience' properly......choice is yours, I made a point!
              As I used to say and ask,..why you write your name and country.......

              Like

              XYZ
              CANADA


              ------------

              You have proved my doubts, .....As you can mis-spell "concious' , sameway it was done by me....English being the language where you can make a lots of spelling mistakes...it doesn't prove or dis-approve anything...BTW,..I never claimed that I have master's in English...

              Its GS adimin who puts it there and changes it,...therefore,..if they didn't do then,..they will now....As I asked them since 2001....
              °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸



              A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

                I don't know what are you talking about? I am talking of teetar and you are referring batair. Are you okay buddy?



                Originally posted by TARIQ786USA
                As I used to say and ask,..why you write your name and country.......

                Like

                XYZ
                CANADA


                ------------

                You have proved my doubts, .....As you can mis-spell "concious' , sameway it was done by me....English being the language where you can make a lots of spelling mistakes...it doesn't prove or dis-approve anything...BTW,..I never claimed that I have master's in English...

                Its GS adimin who puts it there and changes it,...therefore,..if they didn't do then,..they will now....As I asked them since 2001....

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

                  Originally posted by MUBEEN ALLAHWALA
                  I don't know what are you talking about? I am talking of teetar and you are referring batair. Are you okay buddy?
                  I think you know exactly,..what I am saying,...I asked admin to find out,...which they will....lets see..



                  BTW,..if you have worth discussing about this thread then ok,..otherwise,..I don't need any distraction here,....kapeesh
                  °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸



                  A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

                    I am surprised a Guppi is talking of 'distraction'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                    Originally posted by TARIQ786USA
                    I think you know exactly,..what I am saying,...I asked admin to find out,...which they will....lets see..



                    BTW,..if you have worth discussing about this thread then ok,..otherwise,..I don't need any distraction here,....kapeesh

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

                      Originally posted by MUBEEN ALLAHWALA
                      I am surprised a Guppi is talking of 'distraction'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I think you just woke up ,..on these GS forums we are all guppies,...what you think you are here ?????


                      GupShup is the name of this discussion forum. So welcome to guppi SK,...SR,..or MA,..whatever




                      -------------

                      BTW,.....do you have anything to discuss about this thread,..or not,.. If yes,..lets discuss it,..
                      °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸



                      A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

                        this is very old news any update on it.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

                          Originally posted by suhaib
                          this is very old news any update on it.
                          Suhaib,

                          If you have related links/sites,..you can post here too...I am looking into it,...
                          °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸



                          A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

                            tariq maybe mubeen is a relative of the ppl behind allah walla motors who are a bit upset that they could not get their hands on the bmw business in pakistan.
                            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after

                              Originally posted by TARIQ786USA
                              He added that no dealer of any showroom would be involved in the selling of these vehicles in the country, as the country has decided to market the vehicles itself.
                              I think he meant to say "Company" and ended up saying "country", because I don't think the "country" has any business deciding to market the vehicles itself or through dealers.

                              Originally posted by TARIQ786USA
                              According to him, the prices of the different BMW models would range between Rs 4 million and Rs 15 million.
                              BMW's are very nice and luxurious vehicles. Even then the price range for Pakistan seems horribly inflated. Not sure if its because of the shipping and taxes or due to huge profit margins. A base 3-series costs about $32k in US, which translates to about Rs 1.8m, and this includes destination charges to get the vehicle into the dealership in US. The high-end 7-series start at $71k (approx Rs 4.3m) in US. Even in Germany, a 7-series starts at about about Euros 59k in Germany (Rs 4.5m). Are the custom duties, about 200% of the price of the car?
                              "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X