Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quaid-e-Azam, Mohd Ali Jinnah's speech on August 11, 1947.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quaid-e-Azam, Mohd Ali Jinnah's speech on August 11, 1947.

Jinnah vs Democracy

August 11, 1947 address of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, to the members of the Pakistan Constituent Assembly, to the status of a national covenant. That it has taken more than 50 years to reach such a conclusion is indeed most intriguing. In that address the Quaid said, among other things, the following:

You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the State... We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and equal citizens of one State... I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in due course Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense, because that is the personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Re: Quaid-e-Azam, Mohd Ali Jinnah's speech on August 11, 1947.

if only his plans and dreams had been implemented, if only he had lived a bit longer...

Comment

Originally posted by TARIQ786USA
      Jinnah vs Democracy

August 11, 1947 address of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah,

You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the State... We are starting with this fundamental principle that we are all citizens and equal citizens of one State... I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in due course Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense, because that is the personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State.
      --------------
      And where did it go wrong? I think he developed no founding stone to achieve this goal.

Comment

Originally posted by anjjan
        And where did it go wrong? I think he developed no founding stone to achieve this goal.
        Ajjan,

I agree,..wish he could have lived little longer,....

Comment

Originally posted by TARIQ786USA
          Jinnah vs Democracy

---------------------------------------------------------------------
          Pakistan Idealogy has been hijacked by the same people who opposed its creation. Had Jinnah's ideals been sacred then this speech should have recieved the status of our Magna carta, our spirit and soul as a nation. Sadly, that was not to happen and we went in the completly opposite direction.

Comment

Originally posted by fartguru
            Pakistan Idealogy has been hijacked by the same people who opposed its creation. Had Jinnah's ideals been sacred then this speech should have recieved the status of our Magna carta, our spirit and soul as a nation. Sadly, that was not to happen and we went in the completly opposite direction.
            I agree 100%

Comment

now idealogy of pakistan is hijacked.rewind the events and merge it with india for the the well being of its ppl
              Shahid Afridi in Green, has rocked the cradle of the Shivangi Dixit in Blue

Comment

I think,..the following reasons.....

1. Military/mullah/beauracracy/feudal nexus is the reason why dictators have been able to rule Pakistan for a long time. But if we analyze other countries, we can see alliances on a similar pattern. For example we see hindutva/BJP alliances. But it has not stopped the progress of India because other stronger groups have been able to counter these negative forces.

2. Education is the key to break the shackle and strong hold of this alliance. An educated person is able to make a smart decision because he judges the leaders based on facts rather than mere emotions and propaganda. Pakistan is moving towards that direction as education is given central importance.

3. One very important fact of why the military has been able to dominate the Pakistani politics has been the external factors. India has been a constant threat for Pakistan for a long time and Kashmir has been the core issue between these two countries. All these facts have been manipulated by the military. Secondly, the Afghan-Soviet war also played a huge role in strengthening the hold of military on the establishment. Now that border with Afghanistan is safe and there is a peace process between India and Pakistan, things will change in Pakistan. The military will no longer be able to manipulate the public by citing external threats in the form of India and Afghanistan.

So things are moving in the positive direction.

Comment

i agree with maulana maudidi now that the creation of pakistan was and is and will remain a big mistake. pakistan has become a new idol for its people now. they have made pakistan their own god besides Allah. the nationalism is a new religion now, muhammad ali jinnah is the new prophet, constitution is the new Quran and being pakistani is the new brotherhood. any one who has pride in being pakistani, i would not call him/her my brother/sister in islam. i would not even initiate a salaam to that person. they do not deserve the title of muslim, just pakistani.

Comment

Originally posted by ThandyMazaq
                    i agree with maulana maudidi now that the creation of pakistan was and is and will remain a big mistake. pakistan has become a new idol for its people now. they have made pakistan their own god besides Allah. the nationalism is a new religion now, muhammad ali jinnah is the new prophet, constitution is the new Quran and being pakistani is the new brotherhood. any one who has pride in being pakistani, i would not call him/her my brother/sister in islam. i would not even initiate a salaam to that person. they do not deserve the title of muslim, just pakistani.
                    Yet Maududi chose to come to Pakistan (Kafiristan according to him)....So maududi was an hypocrite and so r u....

Comment

Originally posted by fartguru
                      Yet Maududi chose to come to Pakistan (Kafiristan according to him)....So maududi was an hypocrite and so r u....
                      the land belongs to allah, muslims can live any where they want. the prophet SAW called quraish of makkah kufffar but lived amongst them for 13 years...would you even dare call him any name? living in kuffar land is not prohibited unless there is an islamic country that you can migrate to. at his time there was no islamic country and thus he chose murtad pakistan over hindu india...and same is situation now, no islamic country so we can live where it is possible for us to live and still practice islam.

Comment

the land belongs to allah, muslims can live any where they want. the prophet SAW called quraish of makkah kufffar but lived amongst them for 13 years...would you even dare call him any name? living in kuffar land is not prohibited unless there is an islamic country that you can migrate to. at his time there was no islamic country and thus he chose murtad pakistan over hindu india...and same is situation now, no islamic country so we can live where it is possible for us to live and still practice islam.
                        TM,
                        Can you please tell us,..why maulana maudidi was against the creation of Pakistan ?

Comment

here is a little part of what he said...i will post some more later inshaAllah
                          [thumb=H]hukumut57333_4491310.JPG[/thumb]

Comment

here is a little part of what he said...i will post some more later inshaAllah
                            [thumb=H]hukumut57333_4491310.JPG[/thumb]
                            TM,
                            I shall be waiting for the rest of the material....then I shall be able to give my response. Thanx

Comment

TM,
                              Did it ever occur to u that Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was the chosen prophet of Allah and Maududi is just another Islamic scholar, ordinary human being and yet u have the gall to compare the two, sometime u Jamaatis cross the line by treating Maududi equal to Allah and his Prophet. So there is your answer.

And when did Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) and his Companions ever question any Muslims faith? Its ppl like u who have added your prejuidices and human hatred into religion and then hv the gall to question others faith

Finally, your reasoning sounds absolutely hypocritical... "land belongs to allah, muslims can live any where they want"..."at his time there was no islamic country and thus he chose murtad pakistan over hindu india"....So its OK for him to side with Hindu dominated Congress, yet he chooses to live in Muslim Pakistan (Murtad accroding to your narrow minded defination)...that sounds very hypocritical by any standards...

By the way, if anyone is a murtad its ppl like u who so easily brand others non-muslim in clear violation of the Holy Quran and Prophets teachings....

Lastly, if Pakistan is so bad for you why dont u migrate 2 Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan...Iam sure they wud welcome another of their kind...

Comment

Working...
                              X