No announcement yet.

George Galloway's Testimony to the US Senate and exposing the lies of the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George Galloway's Testimony to the US Senate and exposing the lies of the USA

Has anyone been watching this?

It's amazing ..... he points out the hypocracy in the Senate's report against him.

Such as the claim that the US Senate made that Galloway met Saddam Hussein "many times", whereas he met Hussein twice - exactly as many times as the US Secretary of Defence. And he points out that he met for humanitarian and pacifist purposes, whereas Rumsfeld met Hussein to better help Hussein kill human beings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4556113.stm

[size=2]British MP George Galloway has told US senators who accused him of profiting from Iraq oil dealings their claims were the "mother of all smokescreens". [/size]

In a combative performance before a Senate committee, the Respect Coalition MP accused the US lawmakers of being "cavalier" with justice.

He said: "I am not now nor have I ever been an oil trader and neither has anyone on my behalf."

The senators say he was given credits to buy Iraqi oil by Saddam Hussein.

Mr Galloway travelled to Washington to clear his name before the Senate sub-committee on investigations.

He claims the evidence against him is false. He says forged documents had been used to make claims about him before.

Mr Galloway went on the offensive from the start of his testimony, saying the committee had "traduced" his name around the world without asking him a single question. He told committee chairman Senator Norm Coleman: "I know that standards have slipped over the last few years in Washington but for a lawyer you are remarkably cavalier with any idea of justice."

Mr Galloway said he had met Saddam Hussein on two occasions - the same number of times as US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and maps - the better to target those guns. I met him to try to bring about an end to sanctions, suffering and war," he said.

The biggest sanctions busters were American companies "with the connivance" of the US Government, he argued.

And he denied being an "apologist" for Saddam.

He said he had been a long-term opponent of the former Iraqi leader, and had a much better record of opposition to his regime than members of the American or British governments.

Mr Galloway, a leading anti-war campaigner, was expelled from the Labour Party for his comments on Iraq. He is not accused of any criminal act and is not thought likely to face court action as a result of the committee's hearings but he has said he is anxious to clear his name.
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Re: George Galloway's Testimony to the US Senate and exposing the lies of the USA

The full testimony is posted on The Times website.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...616578,00.html
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Comment

Re: George Galloway's Testimony to the US Senate and exposing the lies of the USA

hahaha, the guy is a missile. The way things looked, you'd think the senate was on trial.
      O He whose Name is a Remedy, whose remembrance is a Cure, and whose obedience is Wealth!

Have mercy upon him whose capital is hope and whose weapon is tears!

Comment

It was simply brilliant. The way he pointed out the hypocrisy of the American senate and their companies was so refreshing, unlike our PM who is always saying "yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir, where do you want me to go next to plead your case." Well done Galloway.

Comment

so I guess you all believe he didn't bilk any of the oil for food money?

Comment

"Now, Senator, I gave my heart and soul to oppose the policy that you promoted. I gave my political life's blood to try to stop the mass killing of Iraqis by the sanctions on Iraq which killed one million Iraqis, most of them children, most of them died before they even knew that they were Iraqis, but they died for no other reason other than that they were Iraqis with the misfortune to born at that time. I gave my heart and soul to stop you committing the disaster that you did commit in invading Iraq. And I told the world that your case for the war was a pack of lies.

“I told the world that Iraq, contrary to your claims did not have weapons of mass destruction. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that Iraq had no connection to al-Qaeda. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that Iraq had no connection to the atrocity on 9/11 2001. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that the Iraqi people would resist a British and American invasion of their country and that the fall of Baghdad would not be the beginning of the end, but merely the end of the beginning.

"Senator, in everything I said about Iraq, I turned out to be right and you turned out to be wrong and 100,000 people paid with their lives; 1600 of them American soldiers sent to their deaths on a pack of lies; 15,000 of them wounded, many of them disabled forever on a pack of lies.

If the world had listened to Kofi Annan, whose dismissal you demanded, if the world had listened to President Chirac who you want to paint as some kind of corrupt traitor, if the world had listened to me and the anti-war movement in Britain, we would not be in the disaster that we are in today. Senator, this is the mother of all smokescreens. You are trying to divert attention from the crimes that you supported, from the theft of billions of dollars of Iraq's wealth.

"Have a look at the real Oil-for-Food scandal. Have a look at the 14 months you were in charge of Baghdad, the first 14 months when $8.8 billion of Iraq's wealth went missing on your watch. Have a look at Haliburton and other American corporations that stole not only Iraq's money, but the money of the American taxpayer.

"Have a look at the oil that you didn't even meter, that you were shipping out of the country and selling, the proceeds of which went who knows where? Have a look at the $800 million you gave to American military commanders to hand out around the country without even counting it or weighing it.

"Have a look at the real scandal breaking in the newspapers today, revealed in the earlier testimony in this committee. That the biggest sanctions busters were not me or Russian politicians or French politicians. The real sanctions busters were your own companies with the connivance of your own Government."

Awsome Refreshing to see some one to the point for a change in Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu
              so I guess you all believe he didn't bilk any of the oil for food money?
              Given that his dealings have been investigated by the best lawyers the Telegraphs money could employ (the Telegraph being the biggest selling broadsheet in the UK) and a judgement reached in court of his innocence, given that he has probably been put under scrutiny by both the British and American intelligence agencies whom it would undeniably suit to find evidence of his complicity and now given that he stands before the American senate, with all the vast investigative resources they have at their command, would a "guilty" man DARE to make the appearance that George Galloway did?. This man either has balls the size of King Kongs', or else feels as safe as a man in an asbestos suit in a moderately warm room.

Comment

I heard him this morning on CNN. I am impressed. I wish we had more senators like this guy that can come and speak their mind without the fear of losing elections due to conflict of interest with lobbyists.
                Lobbying and special interest groups are like parasites eatigaway the great American Political system.
                Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

Donno and don care. What impressed me the most is that US can still call its puppies from the UK to come testify in front of its Senate. I wonder if any US Rep has ever been called to the Brit Parliament? Hahahah. Friggin Brits. Do they not have anything about Sovereign Legislature in Magna Carta? A bunch of pussies.

Comment

Someone should separate balls and brains here. This guy is under investigation in both the US and the UN. His words can be used against him. The only thing that prevent him from being indicted is they have not traced the money directly to his hands. On the other hand his "business partner" in Jordan has not been been questioned yet. They have yet to really lean on MP Galloway. Additionally the sharing of documents from the UN has been sparse, if that wall breaks pieces can be put together much quicker. Galloway made a bold move. Whether it is a smart move remains to be seen.
                    Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

Thatís very cute OG. Even Noriaga would refuse to testify to the US legislature, and was then kidnapped and put in jail. He had bigger balls than any Brit Politician. Would you say? Do you disagree that Brits are a bunch of wussies, and slaves to their American masters?

Comment

Balls or no balls, he did hand it to the senators. I am sure they were left scratching theirs.

Comment

It is simply a bad thing to pi$$ off senators who are investigating you. Galloway may have thought it was cute, and he may thrill his fan club, but investigations are long protracted affairs, and todays victory in battle can be tomorrows loss in the war.
                          Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

His tone or his manner may have been offensive but the content was pretty accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee
                              Donno and don care. What impressed me the most is that US can still call its puppies from the UK to come testify in front of its Senate. I wonder if any US Rep has ever been called to the Brit Parliament? Hahahah. Friggin Brits. Do they not have anything about Sovereign Legislature in Magna Carta? A bunch of pussies.
                              Correction. He went on his own accord.....

Comment

Working...
                              X