Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American military should be given the same lattitude as smugglers and terrorists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American military should be given the same lattitude as smugglers and terrorists

During the debate on alleged Quran desecration in Gitmo and resultant protests (that turned into riots) in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Gaza, there were some very insightful points made by various American members, and those who support them. For the sake of simplicity, lets summarize them here, so that we don't have to go in 5 different threads to get them.

1. American soldiers in Gitmo should be kept at the same level as Afghan smugglers who desecrated Quran by storing hasheesh in it, and since no protests were made after those smugglers were captured, so its "perplexing" why alleged desecration of Quran in Gitmo caused muslims to protest.

2. American soldiers in Gitmo should be kept at the same level as muslim terrorists in Israel. Some muslim terrorists in Israel had allegedly used Bible as toilet paper during the take over of Church of Nativity, and there were no riots in Christian communities, so its shameful that muslims protested against alleged desecration of Quran by US military. You see American military has training sessions with these same terrorists.

3. Since the dictators in Saudi Arabia enforce their version of Islam by not allowing "new" churches to be established, so Americans should be held at the same low standards, and there should be no protests if a few qurans are flushed down the toilet. American values should be compared to great Saudi values, and judged accordingly.

4. Since the Qurans were supposedly provided by US military anyway, so its quite ok to flush them down whenever they wanted. It was theirs anyway. "Sucka!!!"

5. As Taliban had destroyed Buddha statutes, and since Taliban are the best and the brightest representation of Islamic values, US should stoop to the same level and muslims should stop protesting against a few Qurans flushed down the toilet. "Whats good for the geese is good for the gander!"

6. Mehmood Ghaznavi destroyed idols in India. And since American soldiers take their cue from Mehmood Ghaznavi, so its ok if a few qurans were flushed down as well. "You muslims, you complain all the time!"

I hope I did not miss any other brilliant postures.

I must say, its all pretty convincing. And oh yeah, I missed the last and the most brilliant argument

7. If you don't agree with me, you must be stupid and don't know jack. Its not a misplaced superiority complex, rather its just a fact. I am smart and you who disagree with me, "just don't get it".

I think, even though Newsweek has ran back with its tail nicely tucked inside, after the report caused a havoc, these great arguments will stand the test of time. We should make this a sticky, so that our valuable American members can just refer back to this (and maybe just point at the #), while responding to any future excesses by the US military.
    "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Re: American military should be given the same lattitude as smugglers and terrorists

The only good thing that came out of all of this is that there are 16 fewer terrorists today then a few days ago. And I hope they were all men, because women are burnt to death daily in Islamic countries in the name of honor, and there are no protests on the street for burning women.

The other question I have is how many Jews were missing in these protests?

Comment

Re: American military should be given the same lattitude as smugglers and terrorists

Thanks for summing it up , but now I am even more "perplexed" at your post. What are you trying to tell us?
      What do you want CEO of Newsweek to come to your house in Model Town and apologize to you, or do you want him to convert to Islam so he can visit Kaaba? and apologize there?
      You still dont "comprehend" (add this too so you can use this new word for later) the analogy I was trying to present.
      But its OK. I know soemtimes it s hard to think with a hot head. Let it cool, thats why I declared it a day of peace.
      Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

I think you guys did a pretty decent job, in bringing down the abilities of US military and US values to the lowest common denominator to explain why other lesser mortals are just creating a fuss for nothing.

Chief Editor of Newsweek actually owes a debt of gratitude to you guys. He should come to your home in LalloKhet and offer a free year's supply of Newsweek. That will be a nice start.

Here is to peace! :flower vala icon:
        "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Hey I dont mean to derail the thread but where is Lallokhet, I have never heard of this city or village.
          And you are welcome Faisal anytime to get on your nerves .
          :shake hands: Peace
          Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

Aray I am very relaxed. This is all a peace offering. Learn to take a compliment with grace. Here... another flower... May the Force be with you! :light sabre vala icon:

Comment

Very well written Faisal..but i suggest you give credit where credit is due...those distinguished members have worked extremely hard to prove the US army is slightly better than terrorists...I for one believe they have won that argument..
              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Well written Faisal. If the US army read all these arguments they must surely wonder "with friends like these who needs enemies".

Comment

Faisal,

I think setting standards for the U.S. military is not something that is of particular interest for you or anybody here. That's a bit of a smokescreen.

The standards that are being examined are more accurately the standard by which a fatal and destructive riot is appropriate.

The common thread in examples are "things abhorent to Muslims". So it is very germane to ask about the smugglers, or bombers or any other transgressor.

The thing that makes the Koran story unique is the involvement of the U.S. military.
                  That may apparently be the catalyst to greenlight a riot, calls for holy war and the like.

I really don't think relative standards of the behavior of the U.S. military is something that concerns you terribly.

Comment

Faisla you seemed to have missed the point, or maybe I have. Were there riots because the Koran was desecrated or were there riots because an American allegedly desecrated the Koran?

It seems the answer is the later choice as no reaction or very little reaction took place when the smugglers desecrated the Koran, so the next question is why was there a reaction in one case and not the other, this is what has the American Guppies stumped.

Comment

Yes Storch. Lets ponder over the love for Americans, which is brimming all over the world.

Americans, the great saviors of the world, who bravely go to all corners of the world and spread the virtues of freedom and liberty and respect for human rights. Its such a sweet feeling to have a great military force which is a notch above all the other terrorist groups and smuggling rings. Bravo!

ps. Underthedome, I'd respond to you, but not sure who your post is addressed to. Anyway, three cheers for your brave efforts too! You have done us all proud by your insightful googling efforts to bring forth evidence from Washington Post that some priests complained about muslim terrorist eating like "pig". Shame on them, and good job for you.

Comment

^ You missed #9: Khilafah is the answer to all the ills of man. Once we get rid of man..khilafah is the best option for governing toilet bowls and scripture.
                        Now repeat after me...."Jeter is the prophet and Rivera is the savior"

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal

ps. Underthedome, I'd respond to you, but not sure who your post is addressed to. Anyway, three cheers for your brave efforts too! You have done us all proud by your insightful googling efforts to bring forth evidence from Washington Post that some priests complained about muslim terrorist eating like "pig". Shame on them, and good job for you.
                          No problem my brother, if someone can provide a riot, I'll provide a post.

Comment

^ the Khilafah will take awhile..us Muslims have tro atone for the actions of Mahmud of Ghaznavi and apologise collectively for the actions of Husni Mubarik and the house of Sauds..secularism is the best option..so few people died in the secular 20th century..
                            How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal
                              Yes Storch. Lets ponder over the love for Americans, which is brimming all over the world.

Americans, the great saviors of the world, who bravely go to all corners of the world and spread the virtues of freedom and liberty and respect for human rights. Its such a sweet feeling to have a great military force which is a notch above all the other terrorist groups and smuggling rings. Bravo!
                              You're seriously getting your knickers in a twist on this one.

So just to be clear, you contend that to yourself and other offended parties, it's not at all that it is American military who alledgedly defiled the religion.

It's that you and others still hold the U.S. military in such high regard, that they let you down, thus making the violation of the Koran so much more objectionable?

It is a non issue demonstrating no moral equivalence if Muslim terrorists or smugglers engage in such a religious atrocity, but we just can't abide it from a group so highly regarded among Muslims-like the U.S. military. Please.

All insults to someones sincere belief are at least rude and at most criminal. That's much has been admitted. No one defends the mistreatment of Islam's Holy Book if it happened by U.S. military interrogators.

The riot was primarily a socio-political expression of anti-Americanism-for many reasons(frustration, legitimate grievance, and prevailing mindset)-under the guise of religious indignation.

You've just tried to change the discussion. Your initial feeling was that all should "understand the rioters". Many of us did not understand or suspect that the motivation to riot and call for holy war was purely rooted in religious offense.
                              So others bring up other similar religious offenses that did not seeming stir up such hatred and emotion. You then derail it into a discussion of expectations of conduct for the U.S. military.

We won't disagree on the standard of conduct for the military. If a soldier gives a prisoner the Koran, I'd say that's respectful conduct. If he or another soldier flushes it down a toilet, then that soldier is an asshole deserving of punishment. No argument.

Comment

Working...
                              X