Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palestinian Gunmen Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Palestinian Gunmen Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

    And no, riots did not occur. The point of this thread is not to create any further tensions between godís different religious sects but merely point out that in every group there are bad apples.


    The following Article Appeared in the Washington Times on May 15th, 2002.


    .................

    BETHLEHEM, West Bank -- The Palestinian gunmen holed up in the Church of the Nativity and later deported by Israel seized church stockpiles of food and "ate like greedy monsters" until the food ran out, while more than 150 civilians went hungry.

    They also guzzled beer, wine, and Johnny Walker scotch that they found in the priests' quarters, undeterred by the Islamic ban
    on drinking alcohol.

    The indulgence lasted for about two weeks into the 39-day siege, when the food and drink ran out, according to an account by
    four Greek Orthodox priests who were trapped inside for the entire ordeal that ended Friday.

    About 30 priests, monks and nuns, and more than 150 Palestinian civilians, who ran inside on April 2 to escape a gunbattle between Israelis and Palestinians, remained inside the church and the armed militants for more than five weeks.

    A church helper, who gave his name as Milad, said the quantity of food consumed by the gunmen in the first 15 days should
    have lasted for six months.

    As they feasted and boozed, Palestinian civilians subsisted on a meager diet, with barely enough for a single meal a day.

    Conditions improved somewhat for the civilian refuge seekers when the governor of Bethlehem intervened and partially
    succeeded in reallocating food supplies, priests and other witnesses said.

    Angry Orthodox priests yesterday showed two reporters about 20 empty bottles of whiskey, champagne, vodka, cognac and French wine on a kitchen shelf and on the floor of two rooms.

    "They should be ashamed of themselves. They acted like animals, like greedy monsters. Come, I will show you more," said one priest, who declined to give his name.

    He gestured toward empty bottles of Israeli-brewed Maccabi beer and hundreds of cigarette butts strewn on the floor. The
    priest then took the reporters to see computers taken apart and a television set dismantled for use as a hiding place for weapons. "You can see what repayment we got for 'hosting' these so-called guests," said Archbishop Ironius, another cleric, as he showed reporters the main reception hall of the Greek Orthodox Monastery.

    "All the media concentrated on the Franciscan [Catholic] quarter, where little damage was done," the archbishop said. "Why?
    The Franciscans actually let the gunmen in, then guided the gunmen to our rooms."

    Archbiship Ironius showed onlookers where the militants had broken in to the monks' quarters by smashing locked doors while, he said, the monks were praying downstairs.

    "The Franciscans then blocked their own rooms' doors with iron bars," Archbshop Ironius said. The 39-day siege ended Friday under a deal in which 13 Palestinian fighters were sent to exile in Europe and other 26 were sent to Gaza, where they were received as heroes.

    While in the church, the top Palestinian gunmen slept on comfortable beds in the elegant apartment of Father Parathaious, while others rested on mattresses there and elsewhere under high-quality woolen blankets.

    The civilians slept on cold tile floors in the main church downstairs.

    "It's a shame, the mess they made and the way they kept the food. I'm not proud of what they did, even though as a Palestinian
    I sympathize with their cause of a liberated homeland," said Milad, 15.

    The gunmen belong to the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, part of Palestinian Yasser Arafat's Fatah organization. Before Mr. Arafat visited the church yesterday, Palestinian security officials ordered a thorough removal of all debris and a total cleanup.

    But prior to Mr. Arafat's arrival, the reporters were shown the room belonging to Father Vasareillon, where a key Al Aqsa
    leader, Nabil Abayat, was fatally shot.

    While inviting the reporters inside, the priests refused to allow three young members of Mr. Abayat's extended family into the room, fearing they would insist it become a Muslim shrine to their fallen colleague.

    The scene in the room was grim. Seven gunmen sheltered there, said another young church helper, and Mr. Abayat had died
    when a bullet ricocheted off a radiator.

    Pools of his blood had stained the bed on which he had collapsed.

    Priests pointed to numerous bullet holes that appeared to have been fired from inside the room.

    Wine bottles and a Johnny Walker Red Label whiskey bottle lay empty on a bedside table with cooked rice splattered on the floor. Another top gunman from the militant Abayat clan was fatally shot 10 days ago close to a well that the Palestinians had used to hide their weapons.

    Another four gunmen died during the exchanges of fire and sniping, as well as a mentally retarded bell ringer who, the Israelis say, ran toward soldiers, ignoring orders to stop.

    Several Israeli soldiers were seriously wounded in the exchange of gunfire during the five-week siege. The Orthodox priests and a number of civilians have said the gunmen created a regime of fear. "Their word was law," said one of the civilians, "and they told us civilians who left the church would either be shot by the Israelis or dealt with later by the gunmen's comrades."

    Even in the Roman Catholic areas of the complex there was evidence of disregard for religious norms. Catholic priests said that some Bibles were torn up for toilet paper, and many valuable sacramental objects were removed. "Palestianians took candelabra, Icons and anything that looked like gold," said a Franciscan, the Rev. Nicholas Marquez from Mexico.

    "We were told later that they gave them back." The gunmen and civilians who emerged on Friday went through metal detectors, revealing no stolen objects.

    #2
    Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

    And what is the point ??

    Seems like mentally sick people played havoc for few days at a place of worship. And you are comparing it with what "civilized military intelligence personnel" doing to mentally torture prisoners, by means which were better suited for uncivilized and barbaric MONGOLS.

    Yes. that right. They also burned our holy books and thousand year of research, and Muslims were unable to do anything except crying.

    Sadly muslims were impotent at that time and vasectomiesed now ..

    And no, riots did not occur
    Riots occur everyday, still Bush and Blair get re-elected. Hail democracy
    Bazinggaaaa ....

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

      so? big deal

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

        Originally posted by underthedome
        And no, riots did not occur. The point of this thread is not to create any further tensions between godís different religious sects but merely point out that in every group there are bad apples.


        The following Article Appeared in the Washington Times on May 15th, 2002.


        .................

        BETHLEHEM, West Bank -- The Palestinian gunmen holed up in the Church of the Nativity and later deported by Israel seized church stockpiles of food and "ate like greedy monsters" until the food ran out, while more than 150 civilians went hungry.

        They also guzzled beer, wine, and Johnny Walker scotch that they found in the priests' quarters, undeterred by the Islamic ban
        on drinking alcohol.

        The indulgence lasted for about two weeks into the 39-day siege, when the food and drink ran out, according to an account by
        four Greek Orthodox priests who were trapped inside for the entire ordeal that ended Friday.

        About 30 priests, monks and nuns, and more than 150 Palestinian civilians, who ran inside on April 2 to escape a gunbattle between Israelis and Palestinians, remained inside the church and the armed militants for more than five weeks.

        A church helper, who gave his name as Milad, said the quantity of food consumed by the gunmen in the first 15 days should
        have lasted for six months.

        As they feasted and boozed, Palestinian civilians subsisted on a meager diet, with barely enough for a single meal a day.

        Conditions improved somewhat for the civilian refuge seekers when the governor of Bethlehem intervened and partially
        succeeded in reallocating food supplies, priests and other witnesses said.

        Angry Orthodox priests yesterday showed two reporters about 20 empty bottles of whiskey, champagne, vodka, cognac and French wine on a kitchen shelf and on the floor of two rooms.

        "They should be ashamed of themselves. They acted like animals, like greedy monsters. Come, I will show you more," said one priest, who declined to give his name.

        He gestured toward empty bottles of Israeli-brewed Maccabi beer and hundreds of cigarette butts strewn on the floor. The
        priest then took the reporters to see computers taken apart and a television set dismantled for use as a hiding place for weapons. "You can see what repayment we got for 'hosting' these so-called guests," said Archbishop Ironius, another cleric, as he showed reporters the main reception hall of the Greek Orthodox Monastery.

        "All the media concentrated on the Franciscan [Catholic] quarter, where little damage was done," the archbishop said. "Why?
        The Franciscans actually let the gunmen in, then guided the gunmen to our rooms."

        Archbiship Ironius showed onlookers where the militants had broken in to the monks' quarters by smashing locked doors while, he said, the monks were praying downstairs.

        "The Franciscans then blocked their own rooms' doors with iron bars," Archbshop Ironius said. The 39-day siege ended Friday under a deal in which 13 Palestinian fighters were sent to exile in Europe and other 26 were sent to Gaza, where they were received as heroes.

        While in the church, the top Palestinian gunmen slept on comfortable beds in the elegant apartment of Father Parathaious, while others rested on mattresses there and elsewhere under high-quality woolen blankets.

        The civilians slept on cold tile floors in the main church downstairs.

        "It's a shame, the mess they made and the way they kept the food. I'm not proud of what they did, even though as a Palestinian
        I sympathize with their cause of a liberated homeland," said Milad, 15.

        The gunmen belong to the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, part of Palestinian Yasser Arafat's Fatah organization. Before Mr. Arafat visited the church yesterday, Palestinian security officials ordered a thorough removal of all debris and a total cleanup.

        But prior to Mr. Arafat's arrival, the reporters were shown the room belonging to Father Vasareillon, where a key Al Aqsa
        leader, Nabil Abayat, was fatally shot.

        While inviting the reporters inside, the priests refused to allow three young members of Mr. Abayat's extended family into the room, fearing they would insist it become a Muslim shrine to their fallen colleague.

        The scene in the room was grim. Seven gunmen sheltered there, said another young church helper, and Mr. Abayat had died
        when a bullet ricocheted off a radiator.

        Pools of his blood had stained the bed on which he had collapsed.

        Priests pointed to numerous bullet holes that appeared to have been fired from inside the room.

        Wine bottles and a Johnny Walker Red Label whiskey bottle lay empty on a bedside table with cooked rice splattered on the floor. Another top gunman from the militant Abayat clan was fatally shot 10 days ago close to a well that the Palestinians had used to hide their weapons.

        Another four gunmen died during the exchanges of fire and sniping, as well as a mentally retarded bell ringer who, the Israelis say, ran toward soldiers, ignoring orders to stop.

        Several Israeli soldiers were seriously wounded in the exchange of gunfire during the five-week siege. The Orthodox priests and a number of civilians have said the gunmen created a regime of fear. "Their word was law," said one of the civilians, "and they told us civilians who left the church would either be shot by the Israelis or dealt with later by the gunmen's comrades."

        Even in the Roman Catholic areas of the complex there was evidence of disregard for religious norms. Catholic priests said that some Bibles were torn up for toilet paper, and many valuable sacramental objects were removed. "Palestianians took candelabra, Icons and anything that looked like gold," said a Franciscan, the Rev. Nicholas Marquez from Mexico.

        "We were told later that they gave them back." The gunmen and civilians who emerged on Friday went through metal detectors, revealing no stolen objects.
        Where is the link to this article? Otherwise for all we know you could have written it yourself or changed some details to suit your bias, and head in the sand approach?

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

          Originally posted by underthedome
          And no, riots did not occur. The point of this thread is not to create any further tensions between godís different religious sects but merely point out that in every group there are bad apples.



          what a lame article and attempt to point that out
          Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

            UTD unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears, same as my smuggler story. Muslims can never be held accountable for their ills, it's always US or Israel and nowadays Newsweek.
            Can you Hear me Now!! Good

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

              ^ spoken like a true non muslim.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

                nahin verizon bhai try to understand that to justify that this story is on the same wavelength to what was done to quran just a few days ago is not fair, because what was done in the church was done by terrorists and wrong/ uncivilized people...Agrred we have bad apples in every religion....but saying that there were no riots just on the basis of this story is just lame because this was done by terrorists and and the desecration may have been done by civilized military personnel
                Obviously even moderate muslims will get enraged at this act....i know taking it to riots is not right but in these cases emotions run high
                Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

                  Originally posted by Wise One
                  ^ spoken like a true non muslim.
                  Woof
                  Can you Hear me Now!! Good

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

                    Originally posted by homer_j_simpson
                    nahin verizon bhai try to understand that to justify that this story is on the same wavelength to what was done to quran just a few days ago is not fair, because what was done in the church was done by terrorists and wrong/ uncivilized people...Agrred we have bad apples in every religion....but saying that there were no riots just on the basis of this story is just lame because this was done by terrorists and and the desecration may have been done by civilized military personnel
                    Obviously even moderate muslims will get enraged at this act....i know taking it to riots is not right but in these cases emotions run high
                    Civilised people on the other hand go about burning flags, houses, embassies etc.
                    What UTD is trying to point out is that even when what you call "uncivilised people" did a bad thing, there was no fatwa, no apology nothing from the Muslim Ummah.
                    Muslims have a very bad habit of beingforgetful, but when someone squeezes their nuts they want the whole planet to hear them squeal.
                    Whats wrong is wrong. Thats all.
                    Can you Hear me Now!! Good

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

                      UTD, excellent thought to post this article. The underlying current to the whole Newsweek desecration story is "Muslims would never desecrate a holy book, we are taught to respect holy books, even those that are not out religion. ". This obviously pokes a hole in that holier than thou line of thinking. Never mind the fact that the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade was occupying the Church honoring the birthplace of Christ, trying to trigger a large scale religious incident.
                      Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

                      Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

                        ^ again ..apples and oranges OG..you are comparing a cell of extremists with the US Armed forces...that equivalence is exactly the issue..the former is not part of an organised recognised hierarchy
                        How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

                          Originally posted by Zakk
                          ^ again ..apples and oranges OG..you are comparing a cell of extremists with the US Armed forces...that equivalence is exactly the issue..the former is not part of an organised recognised hierarchy
                          No Zakk, he is admitting that the US Armed Forces are whole big cell of extremists.

                          Is there any link to this three year story?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

                            Apples and Oranges?

                            Yes, there is not an ounce of proof that any desecration happened on an organized basis by the US military. On the other hand, the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade are one of the premier Jihadi groups whose tactics are now being emulated worldwide.
                            Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

                            Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Muslims Used Bible as Toilet Paper, Stole Sacramental Objects.

                              War is sad. Muslims' outrage over Koran mutilation will be lot more credible if they first condemn their own Islam by Sword expansion that trampled temples, forced Hindus to convert and a number of other b*astardly acts.

                              Instead the morons call them heroes. So now you have to swallow this too.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X