Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you support or oppose the proposal?

Please post your comments

These two leaders ( Manmohan singh of India & Musharraf of Pakistan ) reached a path breaking, far reaching peace understanding to help overall development of the region and by making borders soft, there will be long people to people contact and improve in trade, culture, tourism, sports, and many related issues like rail link to india, pakistan, iran , afganistan etc.

Do you support or oppose the proposal?

Views by Annan UNO

Musharraf a dynamic leader, sincere in search of peace: Annan
    Pakistan Times Foreign Desk Report

NEW DELHI (India): Describing Pakistan's President Gen. Pervez Musharraf as a dynamic leader and sincere in search of peace, UN Secretary General Kofi Annan has said he (Musharraf) seems determined to improve relations between Islamabad and New Delhi.

In response to a question during wide-ranging interview carried by leading Daily "Indian Express", Annan said "he's a dynamic leader. He's a leader who wants to make a change in his society. He's a leader who seems determined to try and improve the India-Pakistan relationship."

UN Secretary General said "From my discussions with him over the years, I am convinced he is sincere and I was very happy to see him and Prime Minister Singh tackle the issues the way they did and in a frank, open friendly manner. Musharraf is sincere in his search for peace".

To another query, Kofi Annan said President Musharraf is very frank. He (Musharraf) says what he wants, he is also very confident, added Annan.

Asked as if he ever talked to him that the UN did not deliver from Pakistan's point of view on the Kashmir issue, Kofi Annan said, "We've had that discussion with him and other leaders about India, about UN not implementing its own resolutions and that these resolutions are to be implemented, you cannot be selective, but then he moves on".

Of the Solutions

To another query, Kofi Annan responded, "I have often said even if you have resolutions, the two countries concerned have to talk, the two countries concerned have to agree on how to move forward."

"These resolutions are not self-enforcing, you need cooperation and partnership to make it happen. And this is precisely what is happening today without this development, without the contact between the Indian leaders and without the new awareness amongst the people, I have the sense that the peoples of both countries are ready for change. They are ready for thaw in the relationship", he added.

About the UN resolutions on Kashmir, Annan said he wouldn't say that it was a failure on the side of the UN. "I think any attempt to solve a conflict is worthwhile and one should make every effort where possible to resolve conflicts
    peacefully", he added.

The protagonists have to be ready and prepared to take certain steps, he observed continuing, "until they are ready, you cannot enforce it from the outside. And I think now the time seems to be right and both countries and the peoples of both countries."

Kashmir Issue

Responding to another question on resolving Kashmir problem by the parties concerned, UN Secretary General said, "we always prefer that it can be done by the parties directly or in some situations, regional organisations get in and the closer you can solve to the point of conflict, the better it is. If the regions can, if the regional organisation can do it we don't complain. We do not play monopoly over all conflicts."

Asked about India and Pakistan moving ahead bilaterally, Kofi Annan said, "I think it's wonderful, it's exciting and it has our full support".

To a question, he said "In fact, we would want to do ourselves out of business. And if you resolve these conflicts yourselves and others were to do the same, it would be a much better world and we will have time to progress on other issues."●
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Re: Do you support or oppose the proposal?

i support watever favours pakistan
    Shahid Afridi in Green, has rocked the cradle of the Shivangi Dixit in Blue

Comment

Re: Do you support or oppose the proposal?

Originally posted by shivangi
      i support watever favours pakistan
      So you mean,...Both,....

Musharraf Indian born muslim,....who is a president of Pakistan.....
      Manmohan Singh pakistani born Sikh,....PM of India........what a Co-incidence,...
      °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

Working...
      X