X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aljazeera's English channel in 2006

Aljazeera's English channel in 2006
    Saturday 14-05-2005

Aljazeera has announced it will launch an English-language channel at the start of 2006, as it named a senior management team.

British national Nigel Parsons will head operations at the company's Doha headquarters, while Trish Carter, formerly of New Zealand television, will head a new Asia desk in Kuala Lumpur.

Sue Philips, formerly employed by the Canadian Broadcasting Corp, will take charge of European coverage in London, while Will Stebbins, formerly with Associated Press Television News, will head a North American desk in Washington.

Aljazeera has undertaken major expansion in recent months, launching a new channel last month dedicated exclusively to covering live events without presenters or commentary.

Aljazeera also has a sports channel and plans a children's channel soon.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...19E9943D1D.htm

Oh oh, sounds like trouble for America's propaganda mouth pieces such CNN and Fox News. The BBC is already cutting around 3,000 jobs just because people are getting fed up of all the propaganda nonsense it splutters day and night. But finally we'll get some balanced news from around the world, insha'allah.

Are you looking forward to it?

Re: Aljazeera's English channel in 2006

Lies, and pathetically poor journalistic standards. It belongs on Comedy Central.
    Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

Do Arbi people understand English? By people I mean both men and non-men.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohioguy
        Lies, and pathetically poor journalistic standards. It belongs on Comedy Central.

Just like CNN, FOX and MSNBC.

Did they get any money out of that runaway bride yet? Talk about important "subjects".
        "I despise the man who does not guide his life by honour. The very word honour drives me mad". Khushal Khan Khattak

Comment

Working...
        X