‘Musharraf wants PPP without Benazir Bhutto’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘Musharraf wants PPP without Benazir Bhutto’

Is the PPP worth anything without Benazir's leadership? If Musharraf finds it acceptable to talk to Amin Fahim, why not Benazir? Another thing, the Government hired all sorts of investigators (during Nawaz's regime) to investigate Benazir's Swiss Accounts, and I believe they are still on the case, so have they actually found anything, i mean its been almost 10 years since BB was kicked outta power.
    This move just shows that despite everything, the PPP would still land the highest number of votes if there were elections in the country again. Sorry but the MMA will still loose

Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: President General Pervez Musharraf wants the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) to join him, but without Benazir Bhutto, Daily Times Editor Najam Sethi told Geo news channel on Wednesday.

Talking by telephone about Musharrafs statement that Benazir Bhutto, Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif had no future role in Pakistani politics, Sethi said Musharraf could talk with Amin Fahim and other PPP leaders but not to Benazir, as it was his personal policy to avoid talking to Benazir and Nawaz Sharif.

Bhutto had agreed not to be a prime ministerial candidate after the next general elections, said Sethi, adding that Musharraf would not allow Nawaz to be the prime minister. He said that a constitutional amendment was required for both Benazir and Nawaz to become prime minister, which was currently impossible.

The newspaper editor said Musharraf could allow Benazir to play a behind the scenes role in Pakistani politics but not an overt one. He said an immediate issue facing Benazir was to get permission for her party to participate fully and independently in the next general elections and the dismissal of cases against her.

However, talks stopped after Benazir demanded the government withdraw its interest in the Swiss cases, which is not an easy decision for the government to make, said Sethi, adding that anything could happen in politics but a crisis might be in the offing. He said Musharraf would form new alliances for national reconciliation.
    Source Daily Times dailytimes.com.pk

Re: Musharraf wants PPP without Benazir Bhutto

[thumb=H]mushy2802_2512369.JPG[/thumb]

Mushy isn't too bothered about whats good for Pakistan Spock..he is willing to deal with anyone who can keep in power..as this picture shows..
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Originally posted by Zakk

Mushy isn't too bothered about whats good for Pakistan Spock..he is willing to deal with anyone who can keep in power..as this picture shows..
      That is actually a doctored photo from a Musharraf-hate site, if you had cared to notice, and it is plainly obvious as well.

Comment

Actually it's one taken after 9/11 when he met every politician except the PPP
        How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Actually it's one taken after 9/11 when he met every politician except the PPP
          No, it is not, beacause then the picture would show Musharraf will all the leaders that he met, not just these MMA leaders. Would it not? This is a fake photo from a Musharraf-hate site, and if you provide the link to where you got this "picture" from it will confirm this. As for not meeting every politician after 9/11 except PPP, that is also factually incorrect.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/525577/posts

Musharraf meets politicians after 9/11

The meeting held at the CEs office was attended by 29 leaders. President Musharraf said: this is the most crucial moment in the national history and it is my desire and effort to carry along all segments of the society.

The leaders attending the meeting included: Nawabzada Nasrullah Khan, Qazi Hussain Ahmed, Prof Ghafoor Ahmad, Sibghatullah Shah Pir Pagaro, Makhdoom Amin Fahim, Barrister Aitzaz Ahsan, Sardar Farooq Ahmed Leghari, Imran Khan, Allama Tahirul Qadri, Gohar Ayub Khan, Ajmal Khattak, Maulana Fazalur Rahman, Maulana Samiul Haq, Shah Faridul Haq, Hamid Nasir Chatha, Allama Sajid Hussain Naqvi, Mumtaz Ali Bhutto, Ghinwa Bhutto, Illahi Bakhsh Soomro, Asfandyar Wali, Hazar Khan Bijarani, Shah Faridul Haq, Hasil Bizenjo, Kabir Wasti, Sajid Mir, Fatehyab Ali Khan, Dr Abdul Hayee Baloch and Ajmal Qadri. Later talking Makhdoom Amin Fahim, a central PPP leader, said that the national interest was uppermost in the mind of Pakistanis.

As we know Makhdoom Amin Fahim is the leader and Chaudhury Aitzaz Ahsan and is senior leader of the PPP-P. It is also a fact that Musharraf has met Fahim on many occassions, both way before 9/11, just after it along with all other politicians, and quite a time after it as well.

Comment

It doesn't say Amin fahim was at the meeting so basically a senior leader of the PPP was present..not the PPP acting leader himself..and yes the broader picture did include other members ..but the part of him standing side by side with Fazlur Rehman, Qazi Hussein and Sammy the Sandwich is not fake as you suggest (fake would mean nothing shown is accurate)..they all look happy together don't they? you often talk about the Mullah Musharraf alliance why get so offended when pictures show how close they are...

Comment

It doesn't say Amin fahim was at the meeting....
              Yes, it does, I'm afraid.

The leaders attending the meeting included: Nawabzada Nasrullah Khan, Qazi Hussain Ahmed, Prof Ghafoor Ahmad, Sibghatullah Shah Pir Pagaro, Makhdoom Amin Fahim, Barrister Aitzaz Ahsan...

I presume you have the link to the picture, and you don't mind posting that, which will prove my contention that it is in actual fact a fake? Can we see your link?

Comment

I don't agree that it is a fake...so I have nothing to prove..unless you are saying Mushy has never stood shoulder to shoulder with Fazlur Rehman and Qazi Hussein Ahmad.

Comment

I don't agree that it is a fake...so I have nothing to prove...
                  Then you will not mind posting the link either way?

After all I have posted a link to disprove your factual errors that Fahim or any PPP leader was not invited to a meeting that Musharraf had with political leaders just after 9/11.

Comment

To me it certainly looks fake, if not, you yourself said its 4-5 years old, how can we use it to prove your point? I mean if you remember at that point, Mushy coming into power made the MMA matooz and the PPP wallaz pretty happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Spock
                      To me it certainly looks fake, if not, you yourself said its 4-5 years old, how can we use it to prove your point? I mean if you remember at that point, Mushy coming into power made the MMA matooz and the PPP wallaz pretty happy.
                      That is true. Also, President Musharraf has met PPP leaders like Fahim many times after he assumed power, just after 9/11 along with other political leaders, and more famously just after elections in 2002, when thay had a "chance" meeting at that dhaba near Isloo. That sure was a cool pic, and it was not fake as well.

Comment

Zakk, assuming that the pic is accurate, one can say the same that MMA is willing to deal with anyone as long as they can stay in power. other examples of their dealings include opposing benazir as PM and then being her pet when she got into power, or knowing exactly where the support for afghan mujahideen came during war with soviets but and accepting it btu still being anti-US on the surface.
                        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Exactly, Fazlur Rehman who used to say women cannot become leaders accepted her wholeheartedly as the PM, and even banged the desks in the national assembly to show support for her, just because his JUI was allied to the PPP at that time.

Comment

^ I agree Fraudz..I was in Pakistan when the supposed "fake" pic appeared in it's full form and saw it in the newspaper.. shortly after 9/11.

I just get tired of people being all self righteous..when we all know that everyone in that siasat hamam is nanga..but even religo-political parties have certain idealogical preferences. The JUI (Fazloo and co) have a history of making deals with the PPP and ANP..the JI has a history of making deals with the PML and the Faujis..

Musharraf is a unique phenomenon in Pakistani politics as he is able to make deals with pretty much everyone of consequence at the same time from the MQM to the MMA, from Asif Zardari to Chory Shujaat, while at the same time rarely sticking to his word in every deal...these are traits of a very successful Pakistani politician..(and I don't mean that in a nice way lol)

Comment

^ I agree Fraudz..I was in Pakistan when the supposed "fake" pic appeared in it's full form and saw it in the newspaper.. shortly after 9/11.
                              I was in Pakistan at the time as well, and saw no such picture. Though I have seen your fake picture posted on a Musharraf-hate site, which when you post the link will confirm that. Musharraf has had meetings with Fahim and other PPP leaders just after 9/11, despite what you claimed, and I have been good enough to back that up with a link as well to disprove you.

I am sure you got the fake picture from some site before you uploaded it onto GS, and will be good enough to show us that link?

Comment

Working...
                              X