Syrian Kurds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syrian Kurds

My Kurd friend whose family escaped Syria some 10 years ago tells me that Kurds who live in Syria are non-Citizen, meaning that they cannot leave the country, they cannot even get an ID card or passport, and cannot even own property. They are persecuted and killed on the whim of the Bathists in Syria. Only the very very fortunate are able to leave the country by paying thousands to smugglers to get out of there.

I wonder if any one has any more details about this going on in an Islamic country? Itís mind boggling that how this injustice can be carried out by some people.

I am so happy that the wind of change has started to blow in the god damn region. The price is pretty hefty to pay, but the future looks promising.

http://washingtontimes.com/functions...7-082620-8260r

Re: Syrian Kurds

Its not only Syria (a secular state to the core) its the same for most of the countries along the Kurdish areas. In early and mid 80's even countries like Kuwait had the same policy regarding their Kurdish minority. But if you look at the region, this no-nationality and no-citizenship policy is not limited to the Kurdish people only. Since the colonists created all these countries there is big Arab majority who doesnít have any nationality, normally known as Badon (meaning with out, nationality). There are several Badon tribes, which are located along the Kawait -Saudi- Iraqi-Syrain, and Jordanian borders.
    بِن دانا پانی میں جی لواں
    بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Comment

Same goes on in Turkey the blue-eyed boy of the West and present day Iraq. Those practices have yet to be changed. However deal old crazy Iran treats them like humans and a minority and they have no qualms. Odd isn't it?
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Don't other Arab states treat the Palestinians in the same manner?

Comment

Jordan and Egypt do. Lebanon has changed over the past 3 decades. I have no clue about Syria.

Comment

So can we expect some protests in Arab or Pakistani streets about persecution of Kurds? They are Muslims, arenít they?

Comment

Considering the rest of the world doesn't give a damn why should we called to do so. We got a full plate already.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee
                So can we expect some protests in Arab or Pakistani streets about persecution of Kurds? They are Muslims, arenít they?
                Muslims hate one another. It's not going to happen.

Comment

but we give a damn about Chechniyans (a more recent crap than Kurdish issue). CM are you implying that we are hypocrite? Let's not bring Darfur here for at least 20 more posts.

Comment

No no NYA i am not like you and Matsui. After all you open up a thread on Al Jazeera and two weeks later condemn it as a Nazi propoganda machine.

There is a difference between supporting their independence and being an activist on it. I support their right to independence. But there are more pressing issues like the US establishing concentration camps.

Comment

We only care about the Chechens because they are being "oppressed" by the Russian "infidels". But when Muslims kill other Muslims, its fair game.

Comment

Actually no its not and never has been. Any man who kills a muslim if i remember correctly will most certainly end up in hell. But hey don't quote me on that i prefer the playboy channel.

Comment

man these protest lovers or peace lovers can never be happy. If people in Pakistan protest for Kurds or the Chechens the same protest lovers will come and ask if Pakistanis are Theykaydar of muslims and Islam.
                          بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Comment

Hi AllahÖ it is so hard to get a straight answer from some people.

Minime Bhaijan, I would be surprised if 98% of Pakistanis even know the history of the Kurds. You can blame Arabs for that.

Comment

Sir ji, now lets not blame the poor arabs for all that, only less than 0.00000005% Pakistanis "the so-called secularist" know what Kurds are, the rest of the muslim know **** about Kurds.
                              بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Comment

Working...
                              X