Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The World Fact sheet about ,...GDP - per capita..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The World Fact sheet about ,...GDP - per capita..

We Pakistanis never boasted here on this forum that we are economical power,....even though from 2000 to 2004,..we have made good economical progress and are going @ full speed to develop Pakistan economically too...As I was quite astonished to see pakistan recovering fast from years of neglect due to political instability in the country during Benazir and Nawaz time.

India stayed consistant which shows from the Data which is posted below....If We stay steady and consistant for next 5 years,..we can leave India behind.

For that we have to create conducive environment to attract foreign investments...which are already coming and more potential investers are ready to invest in Pakistan. which is a good sign for promisng future.

Now here are the Stats:

The World Fact book compiled by CIA.....

GDP - per capita of Pakistan & India.

Rank......................GDP/Capita......Year of information:

155....... India ............$ 3,100....... 2004 est.
    169....... Pakistan .......$ 2,200....... 2004 est.

Here is the Link for all to see and check it for yourselves,...

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/.../2004rank.html
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Re: The World Fact sheet about ,...GDP - per capita..

look up the term conundrum,

Comment

^ When sri Lanka is @ number 142,....how about you indian look up the term....Rubbish

here in NY I have more Indian friends than Pakistanis,...Everytime,...I talk to them about India & Pakistan,...they start long stories,..But when I started giving them the facts and stats,..then,...all of sudden they have Amnesia,....Same goes here,...typical Indian dance around,...

Recheck the list and find out ,..why Thailand,...Sri Lanka,...Georgia and other countries have more GDP- Per Capita than you guyz,..If need help,..ask me,....

Comment

last time i checked, 3,100 > 2,200. i am not understanding your bragging point.

when your economic prosperity is divided up over an incredibly large population of 1 Billion+ people, most of whom's contributions to the GDP are very little, you will obviously have a small number.

what is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by nikhil25
          last time i checked, 3,100 > 2,200. i am not understanding your bragging point.

when your economic prosperity is divided up over an incredibly large population of 1 Billion+ people, most of whom's contributions to the GDP are very little, you will obviously have a small number.

what is your point?
          I think I know,..all that,...But we Pakistanis never brag,..or boast like our Indian ignorant people like you,....Therefore,..save the speech and let others weigh it too,...

My point was more towardes Pakistanis than you guyz,..

Comment

I agree, Indians are way to proud.. Cant blame them, but still, to much pride can turn into arogance very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by PaKpatriot1
              I agree, Indians are way to proud.. Cant blame them, but still, to much pride can turn into arogance very easily.

Actually,..proud of what,....that's my question,...they are @ number 155,....if they would have been like even in 100 bracket then,..may be ,we can say yes,..they are really going up faster,...But numbers speaks for itself,...Pakistan can pass India sooner than they come even close to China,...

Comment

you have to look at the context of Indian pride....Indian's are fully aware of continuing poverty and obstacles. the pride comes from getting the ball rolling and very healthy future predictions. Indians aren't claiming that India is like Europe. but in comparison to where India was, the current state and future estimates are a huge step up.

Comment

Originally posted by nikhil25
                  you have to look at the context of Indian pride....Indian's are fully aware of continuing poverty and obstacles. the pride comes from getting the ball rolling and very healthy future predictions. Indians aren't claiming that India is like Europe. but in comparison to where India was, the current state and future estimates are a huge step up.
                  here I agree,..that India is economically better today than it was 10 years ago,..But playing down others and acting big ,..is the reason,.where I start my discussion
                  Last edited by TARIQ786USA; May 10, 2005, 06:24 PM.

Comment

if pakistan carrys on at this rate (which it always will with musharaf and aziz in power) then it will take a big jump up the ladder. it will pass in india very soon and leave it miles behind in the years to come.

by the end of 2006 our gdp growth rate would have passed indians.

Comment

Originally posted by suhaib
                      if pakistan carrys on at this rate (which it always will with musharaf and aziz in power) then it will take a big jump up the ladder. it will pass in india very soon and leave it miles behind in the years to come.

by the end of 2006 our gdp growth rate would have passed indians.
                      inshallah...lets hope mushi stays
                      Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Comment

real pakistanis dont talk with real indians since most of them live in
                        rural areas of pakistan and india.

Comment

^ i second it.

Comment

wow! i had no idea there was such a huge economic disparity between india and pakistan. almost a 50% difference in per capita GDP. how much difference 60 years can make..
                            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

On the turnaround in Pakistans economy .

Not surprisingly, along with India, Pakistan, too, is emerging as one of the fastest growing economies of the world. From a low of 1.8% in 2000-01, GDP growth has accelerated and is expected to touch 7% this year, following improved performances of 5.1% in 2002-3 and 6.4% in 2003-4.

Pakistans economic revival has some messages for Indias policy makers. First, it would be wrong to assume that Pakistans offer of peace to India stems from a position of economic weakness. In terms of economics, Pakistan is a lot more viable today than it was some years ago and is gradually developing greater resilience to withstand external shocks than it could in the late 90s.

Second, revival of Pakistans economy is good news for normalisation of trade relations with India. With confidence in its economy, Pakistan is more likely to pursue better trade relations as an end in itself, and de-link them from the Kashmir dispute, just as China is focussing on bilateral ties with India, and not allowing the border dispute to impede the process. Indeed, this may explain the growing pace of trade and commercial talks. Finally, with Pakistan getting used to economic success, it is likely to strengthen its belief in potential gains from soft power more than military means.

Pakistans economic policy makers are aware of the impact of peace with India on the investment climate in their country. Not surprisingly, Pakistans Mid Year Review of the Economy stresses, apart from sustained reforms, the role of political and regional stability in its growth momentum.

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_f...ntent_id=89283

Comment

Working...
                              X