Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan's first ever indigenous car launched .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan's first ever indigenous car launched .

Pakistan's first ever indigenous car close to launch
    The country's only home grown automotive firm, the Adam Motor Company, says the first vehicle will be unveiled in early April and until then the car's name is a secret.

[thumb=H]adam6630_8652671.JPG[/thumb]

[thumb=H]DSCN01356630_2271983.JPG[/thumb]

[thumb=H]DSCN01886630_3990825.JPG[/thumb]

It has however been tested both at Adam's Bin Qasim plant and on the road.

Chief executive Feroz Khan claimed it had already completed a 24,000 mile test.

"Initially it was driven from Karachi to Ormara in 43 degree celsius and then from Karachi to Peshawar once via Lahore and Islamabad and finally to Quetta thrice. It has proved successful."

Adam are promising two models in the 'economy' 800 to 1,000ccc range.

So far the company have only manufactured marketed jeeps and trucks in the home market. Khan is upbeat about the car's chances insisting: "Customers will get much more than their expectations."

The new Pak motor is certainly facing stiff competition.

Suzuki was the first, and is still the market leader, followed by Toyota, which owns Indus Motors (Pakistani firm), Honda and more recently Daihatsu and Hyundai. The Chinese are also threatening to build plants on Pakistani soil.

On top of this, protection for the Pakistani car industry under Word Trade Organisation rules comes to an end this year. The Government have applied for an extension to the protection but, Pakistan's 'friend', the Bush government, have opposed this.

The new all-Pakistan car will really have to get motoring to beat these obstacles. But, at least, Pakistan can boast it has one thing that Britain has not got, a car industry of its own!

http://www.adammotor.com/
    Last edited by TARIQ786USA; May 8, 2005, 11:55 AM.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Re: Pakistan's first ever indigenous car close to launch .

i have started a thread already and car named as revo
    پاکستان پاکستان

Comment

Originally posted by Shak killS
      i have started a thread already and car named as revo

sorry buddy,...Mod can pull this thread,..anytime,..

Comment

yaar why does the indigenous car have a gora name? why not call it banno or churail or something?
        Simple ain't easy.

Comment

previously discussed here;
          http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthread.php?t=180639

i had a chance to take a look at the car and in appearance i found it quite good. very spacious for the category and not as 'dry' as the interior seems from the pictures.

the Jeep which has been on the roads since last year is called "Zabardast" Jeep. a desi name. the jeep's interior is quite good too, like the Pakistan assembled Land Rovers. it's interesting. theyre supplying them quick enough with delivery in 2 months. how good they are tecnically is to be proven. let's hope its a success.

Comment

Originally posted by Haris Zuberi
            previously discussed here;
            http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthread.php?t=180639

i had a chance to take a look at the car and in appearance i found it quite good. very spacious for the category and not as 'dry' as the interior seems from the pictures.

the Jeep which has been on the roads since last year is called "Zabardast" Jeep. a desi name. the jeep's interior is quite good too, like the Pakistan assembled Land Rovers. it's interesting. theyre supplying them quick enough with delivery in 2 months. how good they are tecnically is to be proven. let's hope its a success.

Nice going for Pakistan,...

Comment

Re: Pakistan's first ever indigenous car launched .

I am wondering how well it will do in crash testing.
              First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Smith
                I am wondering how well it will do in crash testing.

If that's the litmus test,..then except few Japanese cars,...all cars being manufactured in Asia can't qualify .....

Comment

Originally posted by queer
                  yaar why does the indigenous car have a gora name? why not call it banno or churail or something?
                  It's gora? Adam :as: was the first Prophet...That's how you write Adam in Arabic...
                  Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                  ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

lajo man, it still sounds pretty jewish to me. i have never come across a desi named adam. why not pick a nice punjabi or urdu name even? banno, chachi, kaki, daadi, chameli, anarkali, mumtaz, chaunri, reeksha, taanga, bhelpuri, sultan, baadshah..
                    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

basanti?

Comment

nahin it should be billo
                        Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Comment

it should have named pakia. korean car is kia

Comment

Originally posted by queer
                            Queer bhai, we pronouce it differently, like there is a popular insurance group here called Adamjee... Im not sure how its spelled but its definitely prounounced (lemme try some phonetics) Aadum.

Comment

Working...
                            X