Flood Disaster in Sindh, and future of PPP in Sindh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flood Disaster in Sindh, and future of PPP in Sindh

Since 1947, Sindh is facing huge flood disaster, which has inundated millions of acres of agricultural lands, submerge and broken houses, a number of dead and sick people. The dead mostly include women and children. The losses may go up to billions of dollars. It is a test case for Sindh PPP government. If they don't perform in this disaster perhaps PPP will be drowned in this flood. Thanks to army, navy , Edhi Trust and young people from Karachi who are helping day in and day out in this calamity, reaching people with no easy access.

I would like people to read history of 1970 Tropical Cyclone Bhola that struck East Pakistan on 11 Nov 1970. Some people say that the poor relief efforts of Pakistani government at the time created a sense of alienation like nothing else before it.

Fast forward to 2022, the effects of floods of 2010 (sic) in Sindh can still be felt in and around Karachi. Government had opened several schools and under-construction apartment buildings in the outskirts of the city for the flood-affectees in 2010. Finally in 2020 those flood-affectees left those buildings for good after years of trying to get permanent allotment there. I saw some of those buildings in Gadap town on highway, and their condition is horrible. It will take more money to repair them back into the condition in which they were in 2010, than to rebuild them from scratch. So yes, it does take years to recover from such losses, if at all. Like some journalists are rightly calling 2022 floods, "Umm-ul-Aafaat" or mother-of-tragedies, which means a tragedy that gives birth to more and more tragedies.

According to estimates of various relief organizations, despite all the money and international aid at most only 10% of the flood-affectees have been given any relief whatsoever, such is the scale of the devastation. Several government officials have been attacked with knives and battons. Now imagine if police is forced to open fire in such a situation. It will be like throwing petrol on ember-sparks. It's not fault of government but they are in a terrible situation so have to be extra careful. This is the time when ultra Sindhi nationalist parties could try to take advantage of the situation.

Comment

I am surprised
      There was no thread here about the biggest disaster of the history of Pakistan , and now you are talking about future of PPP in Sindh .
      I think because Central Punjab was safe so nobody was interested to talk about "Ghulamz" of maqbooza South Punjab, KPK, Sind & Baluchistan .

میں نے کہا ان کا کوئی نمائندہ آپ تک آیا؟ اس نے جواب دیا ‘نہیں کسی نے نہیں پوچھا’۔ میں نے پیرل سے پھر یہ سوال کیا کہ ‘آئندہ الیکشن میں آپ ووٹ کسے دو گے؟’ پیرل نے اپنی شہادت کی انگلی اٹھائی اور بازو ہوا میں لہراتے ہوئے، قطعیت کے ساتھ جواب دیا....!
      نوجوان پیرل غصے سے آگ بگولا تھا۔ وہ کہتا تھا کہ ‘ہمیں ہفتوں اسی حال میں گزر گئے، کوئی پوچھنے نہیں آیا، گھر والوں کے لیے کھانا لینے جاتا ہوں تو دھکے کھا کر آجاتا ہوں، ہمیں تو کوئی ہیلی کاپٹر چھت پر سامان دینے نہیں آیا’۔
      میں نے اس ناراض نوجوان سے پوچھا کہ ‘یہ بتائیں پچھلے الیکشن میں آپ نے ووٹ کسے دیا تھا؟’ پیرل نے کہا ‘پیپلز پارٹی کو’۔ میں نے کہا ان کا کوئی نمائندہ آپ تک آیا؟ اس نے جواب دیا ‘نہیں کسی نے نہیں پوچھا’۔ میں نے پیرل سے پھر یہ سوال کیا کہ ‘آئندہ الیکشن میں آپ ووٹ کسے دو گے؟’ پیرل نے اپنی شہادت کی انگلی اٹھائی اور بازو ہوا میں لہراتے ہوئے، قطعیت کے ساتھ جواب دیا کہ ‘ووٹ بی بی کا’۔ پیرل کے اردگرد کھڑے تمام افراد نے تائید کی کہ ووٹ پیپلز پارٹی کے سوا کسی اور کو نہیں دیں گے۔
      'حالات جو بھی ہوں، ووٹ بی بی کا’
      کوئی شک نہیں کہ لوگ بھٹو خاندان سے والہانہ محبت رکھتے ہیں
      مکمل تحریر پڑھیں
      https://www.dawnnews.tv/news/1187400/
      =AZXq_J2WzJNZDq83jNUVrWYp_khnoNE-QP6I0wBQYTcZCxhGLASmkxocznTUKa6VQf47WWy0MDcsbZTkMU VMi7pZhaFaBvVrSPIVI60YzSXDkq4sT8p_P_I3M4VJkt7Qb8_t 7hJas9ncU33TUK-rSguca2bV76RoK3Hmg62kTYCFHH5wl_UWA9o_HdRo2DkZjW8&_ _tn__=EH-R]May be an image of 2 people, monument and text

Comment

During such tragedies, people exhibit strange behavior as was seen in 2005 earthquake. Some become extremely selfish who were otherwise known as being selfless, while some become extremely selfless who were otherwise not expected of doing any generous thing in their life. Here agents of land owners are destroying thousands of desperately needed tomatoes imported from Iran and Afghanistan so they could sell their own tomatoes at higher prices:

All of them got arrested thankfully. Following map shows how Sindh is affected the most because of the Indus delta:

I was watching news and someone mentioned how there are now "clouds" of mosquitos in some areas. And those mosquitoes do not just bite but eat unprotected humans and animals !

Comment

Originally posted by Anwer Pasha View Post
          I am surprised
          There was no thread here about the biggest disaster of the history of Pakistan , and now you are talking about future of PPP in Sindh .
          I think because Central Punjab was safe so nobody was interested to talk about "Ghulamz" of maqbooza South Punjab, KPK, Sind & Baluchistan .
          PPP is downsized to Sindh only. Their performance in Sindh is also not up to the mark. The party can not survive just only to remind people of Sindh as "Jiay Bhutto". During ZAB's tenure, you know how he reached far flung unreachable areas under flood and how he provided immediate relief. Sindh PPP has to perform otherwise others will take over Sindh. The news of old, women and children dying because of diseases and malnutrition with no help, is causing great concern. On the top of this, there are few incidences of relief material is being stolen by government officials for resale in open market and hoarding of medicines by big international pharmaceutical companies like GlaxoSmithKline Karachi is not at all appreciable.

48m ‘hoarded’ Panadol tablets confiscated from warehouse in Karachi’s Hawkesbay: Sindh govt

Last edited by Sachaydino; 1 week ago.

Comment

PPP is not downsized to Sindh only
            This is the Punjabi Foj +Punjabi bureaucrats + Punjabi judges + Punjabi Media those have made rest of Pakistanis a slave

An example now a days but in Urdu

پہلے وزیراعظم نوازشریف نے نکے کے ابے کو آرمی چیف بنایا
            پھر نکے کے ابے نے نکے کو وزیراعظم بنوا دیا
            پھر نکے نے ابے کو ایکسٹینشن دے دی
            اب نکا کہتا ہے کہ وزیراعظم شہباز شریف ابے کو ایکسٹینش دے دے تاکہ ابا مجھے پھر وزیراعظم بنوا دے
            کیا کھیل کھیلتے ہیں
            #تخت_لاہورکےمشہورٹھگ
            May be an image of footwear and text

There is nothing in Imran Khan , Nawaz & Shobaz Shareef .
            No one is more than 10% of ability of Bilawal Bhutto but afsos He is not Punhabi

Comment

There is nothing in Imran Khan , Nawaz & Shobaz Shareef .
              No one is more than 10% of ability of Bilawal Bhutto but afsos He is not Punhabi
              I didn't realize you have become a good comedian

Comment

Originally posted by Sachaydino View Post
                Since 1947, Sindh is facing huge flood disaster, which has inundated millions of acres of agricultural lands, submerge and broken houses, a number of dead and sick people. The dead mostly include women and children. The losses may go up to billions of dollars. It is a test case for Sindh PPP government. If they don't perform in this disaster perhaps PPP will be drowned in this flood. Thanks to army, navy , Edhi Trust and young people from Karachi who are helping day in and day out in this calamity, reaching people with no easy access.

Its very unfortunate that such a disaster has hit Pakistan mainly Sindh. Only people can help people. Political parties only jump in for photo sessions, fake 'affectees camp', throw ration from air. The only organization which has been seen in rural areas is Al-Khidmat, I am sure there are many other organizations as well who are helping. May Allah swt help us help ourselves, may He reward those who are contributing financially and those who are putting their efforts in the relief activities.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain1 View Post
                  Its very unfortunate that such a disaster has hit Pakistan mainly Sindh.
                  Agree. But people have limitations who could not reach far flung areas under water. According to Hamid Mir's series of reaching to distressed people of Sindh, I have concluded two things

1. Army and Navy played vital role in Sindh, by establishing Tent cities by reaching unreachable areas. Provided basic necessity such as food, medicines, clean water, establishing schools and other activities in tents with the help of Sindh government. People have always found praising only army and navy personnel, no mentioning of Sindh government which played a greater part in providing relief goods.

2. Where no army or navy personnel reached, the people have suffered the most using all kinds of bad language against their area mpas, mnas, wadera, sardar and the government itself. Their demands were no food, no drinking water, no medicines, no tents.

The efforts of Hamid Mir reaching these poor souls without having any help and requesting Sindh government and CM Sindh to provide help asap are quite appreciable. It would have been better if Hamid Mir would have accompanied by areas DCs, mpas and mnas to answer the concerns of people. What I understood that these people were asked to move to tent cities established by the army, navy and the Sindh government but they refused to leave the area where they live nearby. Government neither help them nor force them to move.

https://www.geo.tv/shows/capital-tal...september-2022

UN should send its auditors to see if the relief goods, money are distributed to actual deserving people and not going to as usual elite sons of b!tches of Pakistan.

Comment

PPP is not downsized to Sindh only
                    This is the Punjabi Foj +Punjabi bureaucrats + Punjabi judges + Punjabi Media those have made rest of Pakistanis a slave
                    After Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, it was General Zia-ul-Haq who worked very hard to eliminate PPP. Though he did not succeed much but he created parties such as PML(N) and MQM from his loins. Both parties successfully played ethnic cards and demolish the wisdom of ZAB to form a unified country beyond ethnic politics. Coming back to topic, I am glad that Sindh is not under stupid hands. Sindh CM is quite intelligent and how he defended himself and his party is praiseworthy. It looked he had tried to clear all suspicion of being ineffective and inefficient. After watching his answering to questions to Hamid Mir, I think PPP Sindh has still a good life and chances of winning elections whenever held in future.

Comment

Working...
                    X